What part of we need a franchise quarterback dont you people understand?

Varlo

Chad Pennigton might never be a starter again.

Patrick Ramsey was given the kiss of death by Joe Gibbs.

Brooks Bollinger is beyond words horrible.

arguably there is no team in the NFL that needs franchise QB more than the NYJ. Maybe Minny, which is why they are trying to trade up for our spot.

We can't say don't draft a QB because it is so risky. Nothing would be more risky than NOT drafting a QB. It doesn't have to be Cutler high it could be Croyle, Jacobs, Clemens, I. Martin, Gradkowski, Pinegar, Josh Betts, jeff Mroz hey i don't care who they want - whoever it is, make not mistake this team needs young healthy arms via the draft.

as for Tex and Savage what do you guys have ideas as for how the Jets can get competative? No what's that? you don't actually come up with anything constructive ever you only dispense wise cracks and insults? Thought so.

Savage is just pissed he is going to owe me a bottle of booze. If Martin didn't get cut in this purge he never will.

I have no problem taking a QB with one of the 3rd or 4th picks. In fact I think they are crazy not to. The difference here is you are conceeding that the new commer will sit 2 - 3 years to learn the craft and be able to develop without undue pressure to start right away. If we take Cutler at 4 there will be a huge ground swell to put him in and the results for rookie qbs, more often than not, are they are scarred for life. The rothies and Marinos are the exception here, not the rule. We have an abundunce of picks and if we can take a lower rated QB who has an exceptional head and arm, and let him let penny and ramsey take the lumps for 2 years, while he takes his crash course in NFL speed and ferocity, we have a chance to have that QB of the future, ala schaub. I just dont want to lose a 2 or 3 to trade up to get a guy who may not be any better, when we can use those guys to fill the rest of the puzzle.

It is also not out of the realm of posibility that Penny and or Ramsey has a serviceable season. I would also rather have one of them back there for target practice as the team learns the new schemes than a rookie who is also adjusting to the leauge.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread makes me want to projectile vomit all over the place.

Take a QB, fine that's great but it had better not be in the first round. Take one in the 4th to compete with Ramsey and Penny and show Brooks the door. Fine that's wonderful. If today's NFL has taught us anything it is that QBs are no longer the centerpiece to a team. Sure they may be the ones that take the heat when they lose or get all of the glory when they win, however games are won and lost, at every level of football, in the trenches. It is all about which O-Line and D-Line wants it more. These are the areas we need to address and in a hurry. I have been an advocate, even before acquiring this number 29 to trade down and acquire more picks. Oakland, Zona, Minny, etc all are looking to move up to take one of these bust QBs. Let them. Take our picks, beef up our lines and move in the positive direction. If we take Cutler or Leinart or even VY in the first round and they do not pan out to be anything more than a career chart holder, then we have set ourselves back another 3-5 years. You gamble on someone like Brick, or Ferguson, or move down for a McNeil, if these guys don't pan out at worst you are looking to replace them and are not losing out the same time frame.

You people make my head throb.

wow half of the people on this site obviously have never been to a JET game and seen penningpuss and his noodle arm........and as for ramsey if a hall of fame coach like gibbs didnt see anything in him then i find it hard to believe that we can salvage his career. WE NEED A NEW FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK it doesnt matter how much money u spend.....if your gunna fix things then fix them the right way not a half ass job we have two first round picks and if the jets cant find a way to get a new qb that will b here for years to come then that says a lot about the new front office!

I have no problem with making Ramsey the qb of the future as long as we surround him with talent on offense. Yeah Gibbs hated Ramsey but I think their beef was more personal than it was about Ramsey's ability.

A lot of people on this site grossly overrate Ramsey and act like he's the next Troy Aikman. In reality, Ramsey can be a decent-pretty good starter if we give him help.

Currently we have 3 of the top 35 picks in this draft. If we get Ramsey a stud rb like Lendale White or Joe Addai and a top notch tight end like Davis, Pope or Fasano our offense will be in good shape. Rounds 2-5 we can use to rebuild the offensive line. Draft Whitworth or O'Callaghan in Round 2 and Degory and Pat Ross in Round 4.

You don't necessarily need a top 5 qb to win the Super Bowl. Look at Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jake Delhomme came within a field goal of winning it all.

You don't necessarily need a top 5 qb to win the Super Bowl. Look at Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Jake Delhomme came within a field goal of winning it all.

"Beercan", you might be right, but would you prefer keeping the 2 high 1st rders or trading down. If someone can show a case, or 2 of how trading down won't yield a pile of mediocre players, within this particular draft I'd like that idea too (I don't now). There may be some outside wild-a$$ chance we pick a great player with #4 and Young, or White is still miraculously there at #29-but I doubt it

"Beercan", you might be right, but would you prefer keeping the 2 high 1st rders or trading down. If someone can show a case, or 2 of how trading down won't yield a pile of mediocre players, within this particular draft I'd like that idea too (I don't now). There may be some outside wild-a$$ chance we pick a great player with #4 and Young, or White is still miraculously there at #29-but I doubt it

The NFL Draft isn't like the NBA draft, alot of people make that mistake. In the nba draft if you don't have a top 5 pick most likely the guy you're getting is a scrub. In the nfl draft you can get good players everywhere potentially. I'd rather have Ramsey + 2-3 good playmakers than 1 Cutler or Young.

If today's NFL has taught us anything it is that QBs are no longer the centerpiece to a team.

You people make my head throb.

yeah... ok. There has never in the history of the league been a team that won the SB with a BAD QB. They all had at least servicable starters, and most had stars at the position. We need a QB! BADLY!

Ramsey is horrible. Chad has never made it through an entire season as a starter - ever!

I say again we are desperate for a QB! An actual leader who can throw the ball and make plays! we don't have that person.

your head is throbbinbg? well all of these anti-QB posts makes me want to sh\t my pants. :box: How can Jets fans just gloss over the importance of a QB - did you see last year's games or Just read about em>?

To me it all starts on the OL.

The whole Edwards era of offense was "They would rather trick you than beat you"

I want some big, fast, angry ugly slobbering offensive tackle to protect the QB's blindside.

I want the Jets to start building an offensive that is going to sit there and say. "Hey we are gonna run the football, now try and stop us".

Get a running game going and it will make either Ramsey or Pennington serviceable for at least 2006.

It's all about running to football.

To me it all starts on the OL.

The whole Edwards era of offense was "They would rather trick you than beat you"

I want some big, fast, angry ugly slobbering offensive tackle to protect the QB's blindside.

I want the Jets to start building an offensive that is going to sit there and say. "Hey we are gonna run the football, now try and stop us".

Get a running game going and it will make either Ramsey or Pennington serviceable for at least 2006.

It's all about running to football.

ugly?

by the way i don't know if anyone heard the news but Chad is coming back from TWO blown rotator cuffs and Ramsey's basically waiver wire trash. No one comes back from two blown cuffs. No one proves Joe gibbs wrong when it comes to QBs. We could have 5 all pros on the line if Chad doesn't make it back or Ramsey doesn't suddenly become decent they are a rudderless team... again. Don't even get me started on Bollinger that guy is a glorified HS QB who won the draft lottery.

by the way i don't know if anyone heard the news but Chad is coming back from TWO blown rotator cuffs and Ramsey's basically waiver wire trash. No one comes back from two blown cuffs. No one proves Joe gibbs wrong when it comes to QBs. We could have 5 all pros on the line if Chad doesn't make it back or Ramsey doesn't suddenly become decent they are a rudderless team... again. Don't even get me started on Bollinger that guy is a glorified HS QB who won the draft lottery.

Is Ramsey a scrub? No he's ok but he needs someone to throw to and someone to handoff to.

Is Chad done? Probably.

Is Brooks Bollinger a scrub? Ofcourse he is.

yeah... ok. There has never in the history of the league been a team that won the SB with a BAD QB. They all had at least servicable starters, and most had stars at the position. We need a QB! BADLY!

Ramsey is horrible. Chad has never made it through an entire season as a starter - ever!

I say again we are desperate for a QB! An actual leader who can throw the ball and make plays! we don't have that person.

your head is throbbinbg? well all of these anti-QB posts makes me want to sh\t my pants. :box: How can Jets fans just gloss over the importance of a QB - did you see last year's games or Just read about em>?

Mark Rypen

Trent Dilfer

..just these I know off the top of my head, and they were just role players not franchise qb's

Mark Rypen

Trent Dilfer

..just these I know off the top of my head, and they were just role players not franchise qb's

Joe Theismann made the Bowl and when the Skins won in 87 their QB's were Jay Schroeder and Doug Williams...:eek: Come to think of it I wouldn't say Jim McMahon was a Great QB either!:rolleyes:

Archived