One statement about the Jets no one (even here) can argue with

JohnnyLV

13 hours ago, jgb said:

Why do we need them to be “good kids?” Just go win games fellas. My kids already have role models.

Why does it bother people when other people  want to root for other good humans?

Don’t know about anyone else, but the state of the world today. It’s a lot easier for me to actively root for good guys/gals then it is to root for just great athletes 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Why does it bother people when other people  want to root for other good humans?

Don’t know about anyone else, but the state of the world today. It’s a lot easier for me to actively root for good guys/gals then it is to root for just great athletes 

It bothers me when people excuse horrid play because “he’s a nice kid”.  For years we were told to leave a guy like Sam Darnold alone because he’s a “good kid”.  First off, he’s not a kid.  2nd, who cares.  He’s a highly drafted multi-millionaire who sucked at football and made me want to gouge my eyes out on gameday.  Him being “nice”, supposedly, did nothing for me.  

It gets especially tiresome after 13 years of suck.  I’m entertained by wins.  If they happen to be nice winners, fine.  But it isn’t a necessity and doesn’t really make me care any more or less about the team either way.

No Mets fan, for instance, regrets a single memory from the ‘86 season just because the players were mostly scum.  

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It bothers me when people excuse horrid play because “he’s a nice kid”.  For years we were told to leave a guy like Sam Darnold alone because he’s a “good kid”.  First off, he’s not a kid.  2nd, who cares.  He’s a highly drafted multi-millionaire who sucked at football and made me want to gouge my eyes out on gameday.  Him being “nice”, supposedly, did nothing for me.  

It gets especially tiresome after 13 years of suck.  I’m entertained by wins.  If they happen to be nice winners, fine.  But it isn’t a necessity and doesn’t really make me care any more or less about the team either way.

No Mets fan, for instance, regrets a single memory from the ‘86 season just because the players were mostly scum.  

I don’t disagree, I don’t want to watch sh*tty players that are great guys, but on the flip side I do buy into a team that has good players that are good guys a little more than I do a team full of SBs that are great. Just a personal preference that definitely has changed over time 

29 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Doesn’t bother me. Do you. I prefer rooting for sports team that like, you know, win and stuff. I find good humans in my family and friends group.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

I can agree with some.

Carter is obvious

Avt is very personable

Flacco looks like a super down to earth guy

Garrett Wilson is very intelligent but could stand to be better spoken

Lawson is a fun dude as with Berrios

Zack just tried to fit in. That's cool.

Saleh, as much as he's hated for his football IQ, seems like a guy I'd love to work beside

JFM is a family man just trying to provide. Lots of nobility in that

Not on the roster but steveler is likeable

Now for the lot so great

Clemens is downright terrifying (not a bad thing on the field. 

I love the player but sauce is too cocky for me

Davis is a thug

I'm a known Becton supporter but he's too emotional and self conscious

These are obviously all personal opinions. Just the way I see it. 

How did you get thug?  

JD built a high character team since they head coach is not a disciplinarian.  Just my take 

22 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

I can agree with some.

Carter is obvious

Avt is very personable

Flacco looks like a super down to earth guy

Garrett Wilson is very intelligent but could stand to be better spoken

Lawson is a fun dude as with Berrios

Zack just tried to fit in. That's cool.

Saleh, as much as he's hated for his football IQ, seems like a guy I'd love to work beside

JFM is a family man just trying to provide. Lots of nobility in that

Not on the roster but steveler is likeable

Now for the lot so great

Clemens is downright terrifying (not a bad thing on the field. 

I love the player but sauce is too cocky for me

Davis is a thug

I'm a known Becton supporter but he's too emotional and self conscious

These are obviously all personal opinions. Just the way I see it. 

Ashtyn Davis indeed is a thug been saying it since we drafted him. He’s a menace to the entire city!

94B90670-201F-4C8A-9A94-8A85184D05B0.png