Is Matt Leinart the real deal?

No. There's no need to draft Chad Pennington Jr.

Hey now 124,thats not fair...He hasn't played a single game in the pro's yet,plus where was all the "he has no arm" criticism before last year's draft and before he decided to stay in school? I swear,some people will look for anything to complain about...

And besides,he prefers to go by "Chad Pennington II: Electric Boogaloo".

I think Leinart will be a good NFL QB. I think Schaub will be one too. Forget Leinart. The Jets are in a position, through trades, to have 5 of the first 50 picks. They can start a foundation with this year and next years draft. If the Jets really like Schaub as reported then they should aggressively pursue him next year.

If arm strength was the major factor in QB success, then Joe Gilliam would have won 5 SBs with the Steelers instead of Terry Bradshaw.

If arm strength was the major factor in QB success, Joe Montana would have been a flop.

You have to have some arm strength for sure, but you also need touch, smarts, toughness and resiliency to be a great QB.

Personally, I don' think we should draft a QB with #4, but I do think that Leinart is going to be a very good, if not great QB in the NFL.

Its a complete mystery..as in every other player in the draft...

Remember Tony Mandarich!

Remeber Tom Brady and Terrel davis..

NOT ONE person has a clue as to how players will pan out.

B-Man Truer words were never spoken!! The Draft is a Crap shoot deluxe!:cheers:

Its a complete mystery..as in every other player in the draft...

Remember Tony Mandarich!

Remeber Tom Brady and Terrel davis..

NOT ONE person has a clue as to how players will pan out.

The truth.

Which is why post draft grades are about the most meaningless things in sports.

Yes, Leinart is the real deal, but he's a better fit for a dome team or nice climate city in my view

Not that he can't succeed in the northeast, he can, but it's a matter of degree ... I think he succeeds to an even greater degree if he doesn't have to battle the elements for the most part {8 homes games and at least a few road games as well if he lands in the right conference}

Just like Chad succeeded with the Jets to a degree, but his arm strength was always an underlying issue, I believe Leinart will be very similar ... he's a damn good QB so he'll succeed, but when the weather turns nasty at the meadowlands {NE, Buff, etc} I think his arm strength will be "A" factor ... maybe not a huge factor, but a factor to some degree

IMO Jay Cutler is the best fit for the NY Jets, but Leinart is the safer pick

In other words, if I'm Floyd Reese {Titans GM} I'm drafting Matt Leinart, and if I'm Tangini that doesn't make me cry if it leaves Cutler on the board for the Jets

Archived