Enough already Kevin!!!

4HCrew

Heard Mawae on Sirus NFL Radio sounding off wondering why Jets let him go and are bringing in Kimo and possibly Runyan who are within the same age group.

GET OVER IT!!

Cannot figure it out?? It is your mouth!!!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that those guys can still play.

Let's see....he is doing interviews on NFL Network in the offseason and complaining about things and he wants to know why anyone would let him go. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and under Mangini and Tannenbaum, shown the door as well. Nice knowing ya, Kev.

seriously this thread exemplifies the reason Jets fans in my opinion are some of the worst fans around.

How quickly we forget how hard this guy has played for us for the past 8 years. Possibly the best center in the game for most of that time.

Do I think we made the right move letting him go? I dont really know. But I am grateful he was with the Jets and I have a lot of respect for the way he played for us. I remember Mawae going at it with some of the best MLB's in the league like Zack Thomas and dominating them.

People here should show a little bit of class and understand that the reason he's saying what hes saying in the media is because it's a slap in the face to put your body on the line year in and year out play with a broken hand amongst countless other injuries im sure, and then you get released after you blow out your knee.

People here should show a little bit of class and understand that the reason he's saying what hes saying in the media is because it's a slap in the face to put your body on the line year in and year out play with a broken hand amongst countless other injuries im sure, and then you get released after you blow out your knee.
He got paid didn't he? And its not like he's living on the street or anything.

seriously this thread exemplifies the reason Jets fans in my opinion are some of the worst fans around.

How quickly we forget how hard this guy has played for us for the past 8 years. Possibly the best center in the game for most of that time.

Do I think we made the right move letting him go? I dont really know. But I am grateful he was with the Jets and I have a lot of respect for the way he played for us. I remember Mawae going at it with some of the best MLB's in the league like Zack Thomas and dominating them.

Don't take it so seriously, some of the guys are having a little fun...

Couldnt of said it better myself. Its a real shame how bad some of us talk about players who gave it everything they had day in and day out after their gone.

Mawae played with an attitude, and ran around the locker room with a knife, looking for a home in someone's back. Groh was a back that knife found a warm fuzzy place to hide in. Mangini was here for that.... he was Jets staff then. Look no further for a reason, Kevin.

I'll never question Mawae's effort and ability between the lines. In that regard, he has my respect and admiration. But.... he talked, and seemed to think he ran the team. Mistake.

It has nothing at all to do with his time as a player here (although, as I said, he had a lot of trouble with big NT's) in the past - he was a great player. That said, he was not the Mawae of old the past two seasons. He's getting older and may, just may, have lost a half a step. Being that his deal is speed and athleticism, that is not a good thing. Additionally, the last thing a first year rookie head coach needs is Kevin Mawae in his locker room. It's better that he's gone, IMO, for the franchise. Finally, how much do you want to bet that the Pennington "egg" comment came from him? That just can't happen.

It has nothing at all to do with his time as a player here (although, as I said, he had a lot of trouble with big NT's) in the past - he was a great player. That said, he was not the Mawae of old the past two seasons. He's getting older and may, just may, have lost a half a step. Being that his deal is speed and athleticism, that is not a good thing. Additionally, the last thing a first year rookie head coach needs is Kevin Mawae in his locker room. It's better that he's gone, IMO, for the franchise. Finally, how much do you want to bet that the Pennington "egg" comment came from him? That just can't happen.

I never once said that I didn't agree with them releasing him. I just hate how Jets fans can be so two faced. Mawae was always a fan favorite and you come on here a month after his release and people just relentlessly rip him.

You can bet your whole bank account that Mawae was the one who made the egg comment but all the money you keep in there isn't going to make that assumption anything more than just that.

I never once said that I didn't agree with them releasing him. I just hate how Jets fans can be so two faced. Mawae was always a fan favorite and you come on here a month after his release and people just relentlessly rip him.

You can bet your whole bank account that Mawae was the one who made the egg comment but all the money you keep in there isn't going to make that assumption anything more than just that.

good player but he was a MAJOR clubhouse lawyer,,

told press groh was too tuf after he was fired, then complained herm was too easy after herm canned,,wants to see his name in press too much

Archived