College football thread 11-25

freestater

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No not having zac flashbacks, i am just very conservative about QBs until they face some real heat against the best competition.  Lawrence by many was a near flawless QB but against the big boys in mos important games he had troubles.

If Williams dices up Georgia and Michigan then that will show you are probably correct.   He certainly has all the tools you could ask for.

Also Lawrence was never the prospect Williams is. TL always had holes in his game, I can't find any in Williams. And I never say that.

By the time he gets drafted he'll be 21 with 3 full seasons of starting experience at OK and USC....it's not like he's playing creampuffs.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Also Lawrence was never the prospect Williams is. TL always had holes in his game, I can't find any in Williams. And I never say that.

By the time he gets drafted he'll be 21 with 3 full seasons of starting experience at OK and USC....it's not like he's playing creampuffs.

If I'm going to nit pick anything about his game, I'd like to see him get the ball out in rhythm a lillte more often. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

If I'm going to nit pick anything about his game, I'd like to see him get the ball out in rhythm a lillte more often. 

That's todays game in college. 

He's a true soph with two years of elite production in elite conferences...kid just turned 20 last week. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's a true soph with two years of elite production in elite conferences...kid just turned 20 last week. 

I know, its just the current QB on the Jets roster has made me over correct to the point that I hate when QBs leave the pocket :)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I know, its just the current QB on the Jets roster has made me over correct to the point that I hate when QBs leave the pocket :)

But he's always looking downfield to make a play...it's different.  You have the Zachitis Syndrome..

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

But he's always looking downfield to make a play...it's different.  You have the Zachitis Syndrome..

I get nervous when I see a guy dance around back there, even if he is keeping his eyes downfield.  Not sure you can get away with some of those same throws in the NFL.  And if you look back about 6 years ago, you will probablly find that I said the same thing about Patrick Mahomes.  I learned my lesson, and I will take my chances with Williams.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, RobR said:

Caleb Williams is awesome, and he has great playmaking ability.

Part of me has Zach ptsd from some happy feet display, but Williams is playing better comp and still tends to step up. Also Zach's biggest problem is airmailing balls left and right, but Williams has real good accuracy. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get nervous when I see a guy dance around back there, even if he is keeping his eyes downfield.  Not sure you can get away with some of those same throws in the NFL.  And if you look back about 6 years ago, you will probablly find that I said the same thing about Patrick Mahomes.  I learned my lesson, and I will take my chances with Williams.

Besides every skill in the book he runs his offense like a seasoned veteran. Too me that is the most impressive trait and something you rarely see either in college or the pros.

He makes it look easy and he's a kid.  His dedication to his body reminds me of Mandarich. 

• Upvote 2