Jump to content

College football thread 11-25


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wild ending in the NC state vs north carolina game.

Video review negates the apparent tieing td nc state thinks they have won and starts running off the field, but wait, still 2 seconds left north carolina has one play left and scores again to tie the game, going to ot

And I ran out to bring back dinner with 3 minutes left in that game.  Oh well.  Time for Florida - FSU, which is a no lose game for me.  Either I get to watch Florida lose, which is always fun.  Or I get to watch a bad SEC team beat up on a good ACC team, which is also fun.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wild ending in the NC state vs north carolina game.

Video review negates the apparent tieing td nc state thinks they have won and starts running off the field, but wait, still 2 seconds left north carolina has one play left and scores again to tie the game, going to ot

Have a daughter alum from each.   I root NC State Football UNC Basketball.  LOVE Wolfpack!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Iowa should be looking for a new coach.  I mean I get having the long time venerable much loved coach but when that guy over about the last 3 years is still coaching in the 70's you need to move on.

Agreed.  My son works with a few iowa fans.  Not sure about all Iowa fans, but the guys he works with are happy with Ferentz.  7 or 8 wins, a bowl appearance just about every year is good enough for them.  Which is definitely not the way I approach fandom.

Curious as to  @HawkeyeJet's take on Ferentz.  Time to move on or is 8-4 every season okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

My son and I are both Miami hurricanes, my daughter is a Gator and my wife went to FSU. True split household. 

At least someone will be happy tonight.

My sister is a Hurricane, brother in law went to Penn State, so I am definitely enjoying the bragging rights.  Nobody else in the family went to big time college programs.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

At least someone will be happy tonight.

My sister is a Hurricane, brother in law went to Penn State, so I am definitely enjoying the bragging rights.  Nobody else in the family went to big time college programs.

Off topic, but how long does Kirby play the starter’s tomorrow? Tech is absolutely horrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Off topic, but how long does Kirby play the starter’s tomorrow? Tech is absolutely horrible.

Depends how the game goes.  We have had a tendency to play down to the level of our competition this year.  I would hope we have it well in hand at halftime and can sit guys for the second half.  But we have let a few teams hang around longer than they should this year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  My son works with a few iowa fans.  Not sure about all Iowa fans, but the guys he works with are happy with Ferentz.  7 or 8 wins, a bowl appearance just about every year is good enough for them.  Which is definitely not the way I approach fandom.

Curious as to  @HawkeyeJet's take on Ferentz.  Time to move on or is 8-4 every season okay.

I’m for sure ready to move on.  IF he were willing to hire a respected OC and release the reigns to said OC then I wouldn’t care if Kirk Ferentz stayed.  That, however, is the problem.  He’s obviously not going to fire his son, so none of the above will happen unfortunately.  My preference would be he retires to save his legacy or Belichick does him a solid and hires Brian Ferentz as OL coach or something in New England .  That said, I don’t think any of that happens.  I think he will be here for at least another 3-4 years.  They will promise some shakeups on offense.  It will be the same old sh*t, and they will be 7-5, 8-4 and that will be that.

For what it’s worth, I think Ferentz is slowly but surely losing a good chunk of the fan base.  There are always going to be Iowa fans that will ride with him until the end of the earth for the person he is, but everything with his kid is really souring lots of people.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my biggest pet peeves in football, defensive players not being at all ready at the snap of the ball, they are looking at each other gesticulating and doing every thing but watch the ball.  Half of FSU is standing around looking around when the ball is snapped, easy long td run.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in football, defensive players not being at all ready at the snap of the ball, they are looking at each other gesticulating and doing every thing but watch the ball.  Half of FSU is standing around looking around when the ball is snapped, easy long td run.

And FSU just caught Florida for the easy first down.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’m for sure ready to move on.  IF he were willing to hire a respected OC and release the reigns to said OC then I wouldn’t care if Kirk Ferentz stayed.  That, however, is the problem.  He’s obviously not going to fire his son, so none of the above will happen unfortunately.  My preference would be he retires to save his legacy or Belichick does him a solid and hires Brian Ferentz as OL coach or something in New England .  That said, I don’t think any of that happens.  I think he will be here for at least another 3-4 years.  They will promise some shakeups on offense.  It will be the same old sh*t, and they will be 7-5, 8-4 and that will be that.

For what it’s worth, I think Ferentz is slowly but surely losing a good chunk of the fan base.  There are always going to be Iowa fans that will ride with him until the end of the earth for the person he is, but everything with his kid is really souring lots of people.

Don’t you get the feeling that if he leaves, Iowa will be like tennessee(besides this year) after Fulmer, or Michigan st after dantoni

and after a few years after ferentz is gone, you’ll be wishing for a 8-4 season again 

I really think this is the best you can do with that program 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kinda weird I never connected to a college team. Part of the problem of course is living in the northeast. 
 

kinda almost became an OSU fan because I know an alumni from there but I’m kinda into the whole underdog thing lol. 
 

any suggestions? Doesn’t have to be an underdog, just not Alabama or OSU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...