QB School: Mike White film review

Lith

14 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Do Mike Whites against the bills 

WTF is wrong with you ?

Do every QB against the Bills last year and Mike Whites game was probably in the top five even with 4 Ints. Keeping in Mind 3 of MW's total Ints for last year went off Jets receivers hands right to the other team. Also considering Corey Davis' Fumble before the half when the Jets were driving to tie the score and the next time MW got the ball he was down 24-3

On 12/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Darnold's Forehead said:

My question is, why has there been no "Zach Wilson Mike White was OUTSTANDING against the Bears!" analysis video anywhere?  You know, the ones that were regurgitated here all of last year?  Are hyperbolic analyses only reserved for Zach or were they all BS to begin with?

- "an Aussie's take"

MFW's success was not only dismissed by the media but also by Saleh (who was using words like "obvious" and "boring" to describe MFW's play).  He's clearly trying to protect ZW's psyche. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm still terrified the Jets may try to put Zach back in and I mean Terrified. Every QB in this league struggles in a game or a half and who knows maybe we don't see that from White for a while but its probably going to come at some point and I hope they have the common sense not to go back to Zach because he's terrible

I think Saleh is very much a vibes guy and I think he knows what the impact of benching White would be, especially if it was to shoehorn Zach back in there. This is my optimistic take.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Saleh is very much a vibes guy and I think he knows what the impact of benching White would be, especially if it was to shoehorn Zach back in there. This is my optimistic take.

+1, Saleh’s not going to mess up a good thing.  He’s also smart enough to know that Wilson’s reset isn’t a one week thing.  
Without an injury, I don’t see Zach getting back in this season.   
This isn’t Todd - Robinson where Michael’s didn’t want Robinson to play even though the team seemed to play better with Robinson at QB

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

+1, Saleh’s not going to mess up a good thing.  He’s also smart enough to know that Wilson’s reset isn’t a one week thing.  
Without an injury, I don’t see Zach getting back in this season.   
This isn’t Todd - Robinson where Michael’s didn’t want Robinson to play even though the team seemed to play better with Robinson at QB

It’s not fair to Zach, either, nor is it productive towards his development. If they keep him, let him try again next offseason with a clean slate

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not fair to Zach, either, nor is it productive towards his development. If they keep him, let him try again next offseason with a clean slate

Agree 100%.  Put Zach back in now, with the pressure to lead the team to the playoffs after this long dry stretch and the fact that even if he plays up to last weeks standard we still might not make the playoffs and you’re setting him up to fail.  To lose him forever.  

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

WTF is wrong with you ?

Do every QB against the Bills last year and Mike Whites game was probably in the top five even with 4 Ints. Keeping in Mind 3 of MW's total Ints for last year went off Jets receivers hands right to the other team. Also considering Corey Davis' Fumble before the half when the Jets were driving to tie the score and the next time MW got the ball he was down 24-3

The complete vitriol for Zach is wild. Can’t we be suspect of both? Can we hope that both are successful? Why do we need to tear down one mercilessly and praise the other to no end?

If you say anything negative regarding White, or something not over the moon positive then people attack with foam in their mouths.

The reality is that we have no idea what White will become. Will he be a flash in the pan? Who knows.

Can Zach rebound? Perhaps.

I just don’t feel the need to blindly follow, like most if you in the MW fan club, with a very small sample size.

Personally I want the JETS to do well and I don’t need to spew venom at one qb to raise the other.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think you're right but what really pisses me off is watching these idiots on TV who claim to be Jets fans yet still don't get the fact Mike White is light years better than Wilson. Its almost like god for bid if Mike White has a bad game. I ask WTF are these idiots watching ? 

We have to listen to Idiot Kurt Warner saying the Jets made a big mistake going to Mike White !! How can anyone be this stupid when Zach Struggles to even put up 150 yards sometimes struggles to put up 100 and has games with less than a 50% completion percentage in todays NFL ??? We all wanted Zach to be good but the fact is he's not just bad he may very well be the worst QB I have ever seen. Its almost like these guys hate the Jets and choose to troll us rather than state what's actually going on right in front of their eyes . 

I love Rich Eisen but I just heard him call Mike White a back up QB and asking the question how long will this last ?? Does that insinuate that Mike White is simply not allowed to have a bad game ? Does that insinuate Mike White is not allowed to learn from possible Mistakes ? I mean WTF is going on here ? 

WTF was going on in the first 4 games watching Joe Flacco stand like a ******* oak tree and also be unable to move this offense while MW stood on the sidelines ? I guess we all know that would have put untold pressure on poor Zach . 

Bottom line is Zach Wilson is afraid to play QB in the NFL there is no way he can succeed in the pocket being afraid and he is a complete bust. End of Story.

Just now, BurntDice said:

The complete vitriol for Zach is wild. Can’t we be suspect of both? Can we hope that both are successful? Why do we need to tear down one mercilessly and praise the other to no end?

If you say anything negative regarding White, or something not over the moon positive then people attack with foam in their mouths.

The reality is that we have no idea what White will become. Will he be a flash in the pan? Who knows.

I just don’t feel the need to blindly follow, like most if you in the MW fan club, with a very small sample size.

Personally I want the JETS to do well and I don’t need to spew venom at one qb to raise the other.  

Here's the thing Mike White has had some very explosive games he moves the offense consistently and Zach Wilson has done none of this not even remotely close. Zach gets praised for not making a mistake while he throws for 100 yards and wins a game because the defense was incredible. 

Stating the facts about Zach's play is not venom its simply the truth. I wanted the kids to succeed but based on what we have seen in 20 games its not going to happen. 

If MW came out and struggled I would state the obvious Like "hey we need to look for another QB next year" but the fact is he only struggled in one single game while he lit it up in 2 others I'm not sure what else people want . If Zach had even one of those MW type games in the 20 he played that would have at least been encouraging but unfortunately he did not. When we talk about Zach we say things like how can he not complete a 5 yard pass, why did he flee the pocket with no pressure, why is he looking at Wide open WR's as shown on the All-22 and not throwing the ball ? Exactly WTF is going on in this kids head ?

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think you're right but what really pisses me off is watching these idiots on TV who claim to be Jets fans yet still don't get the fact Mike White is light years better than Wilson. Its almost like god for bid if Mike White has a bad game. I ask WTF are these idiots watching ? 

We have to listen to Idiot Kurt Warner saying the Jets made a big mistake going to Mike White !! How can anyone be this stupid when Zach Struggles to even put up 150 yards sometimes struggles to put up 100 and has games with less than a 50% completion percentage in todays NFL ??? We all wanted Zach to be good but the fact is he's not just bad he may very well be the worst QB I have ever seen. Its almost like these guys hate the Jets and choose to troll us rather than state what's actually going on right in front of their eyes . 

I love Rich Eisen but I just heard him call Mike White a back up QB and asking the question how long will this last ?? Does that insinuate that Mike White is simply not allowed to have a bad game ? Does that insinuate Mike White is not allowed to learn from possible Mistakes ? I mean WTF is going on here ? 

WTF was going on in the first 4 games watching Joe Flacco stand like a ******* oak tree and also be unable to move this offense while MW stood on the sidelines ? I guess we all know that would have put untold pressure on poor Zach . 

Bottom line is Zach Wilson is afraid to play QB in the NFL there is no way he can succeed in the pocket being afraid and he is a complete bust. End of Story.

Yeah it makes 0 sense how these morons think. The way I see it, if Zach was able to go 5-2 against tough teams while being historically bad just imagine what Mike White, an obviously much better and much more skillful QB, will fare. This whole "ceiling" bullsh*t is getting way overblown. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I big thing about Zach and its a really big thing is he is going to play well in practice because he has a red jersey and has no fear of the pocket or the pass rush. In the live games he can not handle that pressure he plays scared and I'm not sure how that changes. Name me one time you can remember Zach Wilson standing tough in the pocket with pressure all around him make a throw and take a hit after doing it ? Name me one time you can at this point remember that happening ? Its does not happen because in his world his back is too the LOS while running away from the play which leads to a circus play which leads to a throw away.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I big thing about Zach and its a really big thing is he is going to play well in practice because he has a red jersey and has no fear of the pocket or the pass rush. In the live games he can not handle that pressure he plays scared and I'm not sure how that changes. Name me one time you can remember Zach Wilson standing tough in the pocket with pressure all around him make a throw and take a hit after doing it ? Name me one time you can at this point remember that happening ? Its does not happen because in his world his back is too the LOS while running away from the play which leads to a circus play which leads to a throw away.

Carolina game ? 

He must've developed some sort of trauma after that game. 

16 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Zakk Wylde?

jamming rock n roll GIF by Zakk Wylde