For everyone calling for Jimmy G/Rodgers/Carr/other big name vet...

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Found this on a raiders forum…

Carr once again proved who he is. Competent but not great. Overpaid.

Sounds like our guy!! That’s all we need. 

Mike White is all basically all these things except he won't be "overpaid".  He puts  on some muscle in the offseason and manages to stay healthy and we're cooking with gas.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly how much do you think White is going to cost?

If the answer is "Less than $30M per year", he's going to be cheaper than the likes of Rodgers, Carr and Jimmy G.  

Remember when the case against Robby Anderson was “he’s not worth $15M/year?” Yeah, no kidding. No one else thought so, either.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CeeJayy said:

Lamar Jackson is a pipe dream but instantly makes the Jets superbowl contenders.

If the Front office is looking to turn into a contender next year, the move to make is Aaron Rodgers, it's another Favre experiment. They have to make a decision or find out what Jordan Love is. They don't seem to be contenders any longer, they could give the keys to Love and send Rodgers to a team where he could still contend.

He turns Garrett Wilson into a 2nd year 1,500 yard WR

He’d take DPs and assuming $50mill/yr cap hit. Who you letting walk?  Q? 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike White is all basically all these things except he won't be "overpaid".  He puts  on some muscle in the offseason and manages to stay healthy and we're cooking with gas.

Mike White has been in an NFL training program for like 4- 5 seasons now already….why isn’t he bulked up already?  His frame ain’t built for it I’d guess or it’d have already happened. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Financially I don’t think this works. Zachs contract is fully guaranteed and jones is a FA. What a tag and trade? That’s 50 mil the jets would pay just for jones I believe in this scenario 

It’s a wild hypothetical. In another post I acknowledge will require giants to tag and trade or extend and trade.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t want him. He has experience, he has excellent stats and he’s only 26. And the last time the Jets had a QB with his level of cool, they won the SB.

And he’s gonna be a reasonable cost as well. No draft picks maybe $6M a year depending on other suitors 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Derek Carr has over 35K passing yards and 200 passing TDs. Mike White gets injured every time he plays football. They are no where near basically the same.

Relying on White as the 2023 starter would be more foolish than relying on Becton to be the starting LT.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Derek Carr has over 35K passing yards and 200 passing TDs. Mike White gets injured every time he plays football. They are no where near basically the same.

Relying on White as the 2023 starter would be more foolish than relying on Becton to be the starting LT.

Yet on a per-game basis, White's stats this year are better than Carr's.  And White doesn't have Davante Adams.  Nor is he paid $40M a year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Mike White has been in an NFL training program for like 4- 5 seasons now already….why isn’t he bulked up already?  His frame ain’t built for it I’d guess or it’d have already happened. 

Maybe not but he needs to figure something out.  We're gonna need him next year barring a major acquisition.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Do you do a straight swap of BYU for Danny Dimes if it means signing Danny to 2 years at $38M?

Giants would have to tag-and-trade or extend-and trade, of course.

Wouldn’t preclude us from reupping MW but Minshew would likely go elsewhere. That dude will pick the best opportunity to start, I do believe.

I wouldn't be excited about it but it gets Wilson off the team so....sign me up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

a per-game basis ?

White has started 6 games and got injured in 3 of them.

Carr threw for almost 5000 yards last year with Henry Ruggs as his #1 WR.

Yes or no:  You want to trade heavy assets for Carr and pay him $40M a year?

If he's so good why are Raiders fans on board with moving him?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes or no:  You want to trade heavy assets for Carr and pay him $40M a year?

If he's so good why are Raiders fans on board with moving him?

If Carr is actually available I'd trade for him. Not giving up an unreasonable deal but would give up our 1st for him. I doubt the Raiders make him available. Raiders fans are barely above Bills fans in terms of average IQ, so idgaf what they think about anything tbh.

As for paying him $40mm/year?

wolf of wall street omg GIF

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Carr is actually available I'd trade for him. Not giving up an unreasonable deal but would give up our 1st for him. I doubt the Raiders make him available. 

As for paying him $40mm/year?

wolf of wall street omg GIF

Glad you aren't the GM.  Minshew + White and keeping our picks is a far better and cheaper strategy than getting Carr.

Especially since we're already paying Wilson a lot of money on his rookie deal.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think the main competition will be Seattle if they choose notvto resign Geno 

I did think he’d land there last off season TBH…  but SEA has high picks and will prob go QB in draft.

NYJ offer Minshew a great opportunity to start. A busting QB and an oft-injured one as the only competition on a very solid team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You didn't present me with a choice you goof. You asked me if I would be OK with it.

derp GIF

I've stated my ideal choices numerous times, didn't think it had to be presented yet again.

Fine:  White + Minshew vs trading a 1st for Carr.  Which do you prefer and why?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I've stated my ideal choices numerous times, didn't think it had to be presented yet again.

Fine:  White + Minshew vs trading a 1st for Carr.  Which do you prefer and why?

I don't see White + Minshew as a realistic option because we won't have a trade partner for Zach Wilson and we won't pay 3 guys starting qb money. Unfortunately it's going to be Zach + someone + possibly a draft pick.

I need to learn more about Minshew but I can be sold on him. 

36 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The answer is clear when we are talking about upgrading the QB position in the offseason - if you put Lamar Jackson on this team, we are looking at a division title next year and contention for a Superbowl year in and year out.

The Jets already have Breece Hall

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Still not answering the question.

I'll put you down for Carr and say you're wrong.  Glad we figured this one out.

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see White + Minshew as a realistic option because we won't have a trade partner for Zach Wilson and we won't pay 3 guys starting qb money. Unfortunately it's going to be Zach + someone + possibly a draft pick.

I need to learn more about Minshew but I can be sold on him. 

derp GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Does anyone actually think Garrapolo, Carr, Minshew, are any better than Mike White? And furthermore, none of those guys including White make the Jets a legit SB contender, and are nothing more than a stop gap and hoping to squeak into the playoffs as a 6th seed.

Mike White gets injured every time he plays football. I'm also pretty confident in saying that Derek Carr is better than him based on his body of work including over 35k career passing yards and 200 TDs. Garrapolo has played one 16 game season in his career. Don't know enough about Minshew yet.