For everyone calling for Jimmy G/Rodgers/Carr/other big name vet...

To all saying they want to bring in a high profile vet. I'm with you. But that means you let white walk. Are you comfortable with this. Let's go through the facts:

1. Zach is not getting traded. Before you say "it's over, you have to move him", I ask you, be honest with yourself. They're all behind zach and said they want him back on the field. Put aside what you want, does that sound like a team ready to trade zach?

2. Zach does not have an insignificant contract. Mike white will command a not so insignificant contract. Big name vet will get a big contract. They are not paying 3 qbs and being forced to carry 3 qbs on the active roster.

So here's the question: would you rather have Mike white or Jimmy G (or other vet of your choice)? I guess I'd go Jimmy g but he also has an injury history. The other option would be let white and zach fight it out in training camp.

I'd be surprised if they were able to dump wilson this off season even if they want to. 

The next three games need to be a White audition.  Try and resign White but if he wants too much, see ya.

No matter what even if they stay with white and wilson they need to bring in a legit competitor, not joe flacco.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd be surprised if they were able to dump wilson this off season even if they want to. 

The next three games need to be a White audition.  Try and resign White but if he wants too much, see ya.

No matter what even if they stay with white and wilson they need to bring in a legit competitor, not joe flacco.

White is very unlikely to be cleared for another game this year.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

To all saying they want to bring in a high profile vet. I'm with you. But that means you let white walk. Are you comfortable with this. Let's go through the facts:

1. Zach is not getting traded. Before you say "it's over, you have to move him", I ask you, be honest with yourself. They're all behind zach and said they want him back on the field. Put aside what you want, does that sound like a team ready to trade zach?

2. Zach does not have an insignificant contract. Mike white will command a not so insignificant contract. Big name vet will get a big contract. They are not paying 3 qbs and being forced to carry 3 qbs on the active roster.

So here's the question: would you rather have Mike white or Jimmy G (or other vet of your choice)? I guess I'd go Jimmy g but he also has an injury history. The other option would be let white and zach fight it out in training camp.

What type of contract do you think Mike 28 yrs old w/5 starts White is going to command/get? 

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What's the deal with minshew? He always played well when I saw him which wasn't very frequent, but teams don't seem to see him as a starter for some reason?

Jags won the TLaw sweepstakes and teams found other upgrades at starter.....Eagles signed him as Jalen Hurts insurance before he took off......only 32 starting jobs in the NFL 

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because he isn’t seen as having a high ceiling by the Cult of Arm Strength.

The Jets as currently consisted would be much better suited to focus on getting a dude with a high floor.

Fanbase would grow to love Minshew if given the chance and he fits this offense very well....he's the more mobile, fancy steakhouse version of Mike White, but honestly speaking there's not gonna be a lot of options if any for the Jets to land a top 15 QB....

• Upvote 1

Lamar Jackson is a pipe dream but instantly makes the Jets superbowl contenders.

If the Front office is looking to turn into a contender next year, the move to make is Aaron Rodgers, it's another Favre experiment. They have to make a decision or find out what Jordan Love is. They don't seem to be contenders any longer, they could give the keys to Love and send Rodgers to a team where he could still contend.

He turns Garrett Wilson into a 2nd year 1,500 yard WR

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Wilson is not going anywhere bc his contract is prohibitive. He'll be the starter next year whether he's earned it or not,  the front office has made that clear. 

Just now, CeeJayy said:

Lamar Jackson is a pipe dream but instantly makes the Jets superbowl contenders.

If the Front office is looking to turn into a contender next year, the move to make is Aaron Rodgers, it's another Favre experiment. They have to make a decision or find out what Jordan Love is. They don't seem to be contenders any longer, they could give the keys to Love and send Rodgers to a team where he could still contend.

He turns Garrett Wilson into a 2nd year 1,500 yard WR

The Packers can't afford to trade Rodgers, it's not happening. The dead money is ridiculous,  $98 million

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Wilson is not going anywhere bc his contract is prohibitive. He'll be the starter next year whether he's earned it or not,  the front office has made that clear. 

I totally disagree. The front office has made clear he needs to earn his keep. There is no guarantee he's the starter next year. His contract and draft status is buying him one last qb competition with Mike white at best...

41 minutes ago, peebag said:

Mike White's a JAG.  Let him walk.

If that’s your standard, Carr and Jimmy G are JAGs who will cost a lot more.  

White’s inability to stay healthy means you have to bring in 1-2 new bodies.   I get that.  But it does not also mean you HAVE to let White walk.  

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, peebag said:

Mike White's a JAG.  Let him walk.

As someone who has pointed out plenty of White's shortcomings, I am guessing no other NFL team will want to sign him to be their #1. We should bring him back at a discount regardless of what we do in the offseason. 

Personally, I think this team needs to bring in a vet. I don't trust Saleh/MLF to develop a young QB. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If that’s your standard, Carr and Jimmy G are JAGs who will cost a lot more.  

White’s inability to stay healthy means you have to bring in additional bodies.  But it does not also mean you HAVE to let him walk.  

yeah, I would try to bring back White on a team friendly deal but you might not be able to do that

depends on the market for him

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Mike white is the best QB we have had in a very long time. All he does is play well. Keep him pay him and get rid of Zach we need a back up capable of winning a game

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I want Derek carr… but to your point…this team has to do what the cardinals did to Rosen. If you ain’t it, you ain’t it… you can’t keep doing the same thing and expecting something different

I was ok with Carr earlier in the year….but I’ve watched a lot more Raiders games in the past month or so and just can’t get behind him.  He disappears for quarters at a time with one of the best WRs in the league at his disposal. 

Is he better then Zach?  For sure, but I’d go Jimmy G before him.  Probably Minshew too.  Rodgers and Jackson are pipe dreams.  

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

yeah, I would try to bring back White on a team friendly deal but you might not be able to do that

depends on the market for him

Definitely a Joe Douglas task if they aren’t already ruling White out as an option.  Setting the price based on what he believes the market has in store for him and sticking to it is of course among his biggest strengths.  So I have no doubt he can bring White back at a reasonable price.

I’m just not convinced at this time that they will want him back, and that makes me sad.  

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Minshew was benched in 2020 for Mike Glennon...........I'm willing to consider him, and Jacksonville was a $#ow, but sometimes there is a reason a player is no longer a starter.

He was benched because they decided to tank for TLaw....

What was Glennon's record as a starter during that stretch? LOL 

• Upvote 1