James Robinson revenge game?

LSJF

Just now, LSJF said:

20/20 hindsight… Super Bowl MVP  might be a good mentor etc…

backup QBs are rarely mentors. They want to play. Joe Flacco doesn't care about Zach's development. He's just crappy enough not to threaten it. 

They should have hired Joe Flacco as a coach if that's his role a guy who helps Zach and you hope never plays. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes he improved the roster that he tore down to the ground

the Jets have been 6-10 and 7-9 before no one threw a parade for these people 

James Robinson is washed. He's coming back from an Achilles many skill guys don't really come back from that. 

Yes let’s overlook the talent  he brought in, the pro bowlers, new pro bowlers, rookies of the week, pIayers like Breece and Avt  , yes let’s overlook that, you’re right McCaggnan ruled, Idzik was the man, love me some Terry Bradway … No offense man, you are lost … Not completely his fault that Becton is eating his way out of the league

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

backup QBs are rarely mentors. They want to play. Joe Flacco doesn't care about Zach's development. He's just crappy enough not to threaten it. 

They should have hired Joe Flacco as a coach if that's his role a guy who helps Zach and you hope never plays. 

Meh, coming out of training camp, it was everybody’s consensus, that Joe Flacco as old as he is was a capable back up with a little in the tank, not a savior, he was considered one of the best back ups in the league, if you believe the press, which I don’t always  of course… But he seems more than capable, and did OK the first three games, it was just in Buffalo where it look like he just wanted to die 

11 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Yes let’s overlook the talent  he brought in, the pro bowlers, new pro bowlers, rookies of the week, pIayers like Breece and Avt  , yes let’s overlook that, you’re right McCaggnan ruled, Idzik was the man, love me some Terry Bradway … No offense man, you are lost … Not completely his fault that Becton is eating his way out of the league

this is called reduction to absurdity. I never said it was all JD's fault but these players that he picked got hurt and Zach was a huge bust

GMs who pick huge busts at 2 don't usually get extensions and raises. Don't shoot the messenger I don't make the rules. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this is called reduction to absurdity. I never said it was all JD's fault but these players that he picked got hurt and Zach was a huge bust

GMs who pick huge busts at 2 don't usually get extensions and raises. Don't shoot the messenger I don't make the rules. 

GMs that get fired are the ones who get hired by kidder Peabody, or recommended by league stooges… I think JD will get more than enough time to keep improving

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Any time a player is traded to a good team from a bad one, it i a good thing. He was probably fine being traded

He probably still has a chip on his shoulder, he was the man, and worked really hard to get back to playing… And probably felt like he was dumped… If anything, a chip on his shoulder, real or imagined, it’s always good to show the team what they could’ve had an lost

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's been a healthy scratch, partly due to the terms of the conditional trade and partly due to the emergence of Knight, who has an ankle issue. This is a must win game and we are light on receivers. I could see more RBs being up this week and Robinson getting a decent amount of carries w/fresh legs.

Lets hope so, but I think the fresh legs thing is debatable. Robinson’s fresh isn’t really very fresh since he tore his achilles about a year ago. 

He’ll get touches though, for sure.

39 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Lets hope so, but I think the fresh legs thing is debatable. Robinson’s fresh isn’t really very fresh since he tore his achilles about a year ago. 

He’ll get touches though, for sure.

we'll see. he had some good games early in the season for the Jags where he averaged near 6 ypc. 

w1: 11/66 w/TD + receiving TD

w3: 17/100 w/TD

hasn't been his best year, that's for sure.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, LSJF said:

He probably still has a chip on his shoulder, he was the man, and worked really hard to get back to playing… And probably felt like he was dumped… If anything, a chip on his shoulder, real or imagined, it’s always good to show the team what they could’ve had an lost

Well, he was traded here without a clear starter on the roster and really hasn't  done a lot. I don't  think he was hurt. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Well, he was traded here without a clear starter on the roster and really hasn't  done a lot. I don't  think he was hurt. 

Either way , hope he at least can help w the short yardage/goal line opportunities I hope we have ...