James Robinson revenge game?

LSJF

With Bam hurting… Does James Robinson get a crack to inflict some revenge on the Jaguars? With the weather, there should be more runs, but you never know with LaFleur, he might drop 50 passes in this horrible weather…

since James Robinson was given away to us, this might be his chance to do some good and some damage on the jags… Just a thought…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, the Claw said:

Honestly, I doubt it. It would be a nice story but he just hasn’t shown anything since he got here.

What about that series late in the game against Buffalo, where the Jets ran the ball right down the field? Didn't he get a carry or two in that series?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Honestly, I doubt it. It would be a nice story but he just hasn’t shown anything since he got here.

He was a terrible guy to target in trade. The injury (Achilles) he’s recovering from is a 2-year thing. Many RB never return to form. Look at Cam Akers.

Lawson is the exception, not the norm. Any fan criticizing him is sorta ignorant of the fact he’s been impactful in what should have been a mostly recovery-oriented season.

This was a dumb move by JD. There were better street FA available at the time.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LSJF said:

With Bam hurting… Does James Robinson get a crack to inflict some revenge on the Jaguars? With the weather, there should be more runs, but you never know with LaFleur, he might drop 50 passes in this horrible weather…

since James Robinson was given away to us, this might be his chance to do some good and some damage on the jags… Just a thought…

You know what, the season is on the line and if I were the coach for this weather and having the starter Bam hurting, if he can play I would have all 4 RBs active even if it means we only can keep 4 WRs active since there is a good chance with passing especially with Zak that we will not be able to move the ball that way. I have seen and played in games in HS like this and running may be the only way you can score or setup really short FGs or you will lose against anybody you play.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Coquito said:

What about that series late in the game against Buffalo, where the Jets ran the ball right down the field? Didn't he get a carry or two in that series?

Ashtyn Davis has come in from time to time and played fairly well, doesn’t mean I think he’s going to start and play well against the Jaguars. 

Robinson will likely get carries but I don’t think this will be some revenge game or whatever. 

• Upvote 1

I still believe Robinson can be a productive back. And yes, with Bam banged up and the weather forecast being what it is he could get some more opportunities. However, I don't see this as a 'revenge' game.

Fact is, the Jags will do what most teams have done against a Zach Wilson led Jets team- stack the box and shut down the run.  

There's a reason MLF throws the ball 50 times and its not because he hates running it or is a terrible OC. If you can't run the ball because the defense is selling out on the run- you HAVE to throw the ball until the defense backs off. 

I think we will see the Jets TRY to run the ball to maintain a balanced attack but will fairly quickly be forced to turn to a short passing attack. 

This will be a great opportunity for the Jets big 3 WRs Davis, Wilson, Moore to make a huge impact. It will be raining and these guys will relied upon to make tough catches, probably on a number of critical 3rd downs. Drops will KILL the Jets in this game. Big pays through the air will keep the Jets in this game. 

• Upvote 1

He's been sitting mostly for two reasons: 

1. Draft pick compensation. He hasn't proven to be "good" by a wide enough margin for the Jets to feel comfortable giving up the higher draft pick if he were to meet incentives for a draft pick jump (175 yards)
  2. Not playing within the offense enough. Part of this is scheme fit, other part is him needing to learn it to achieve more consistency. 

I think he gets a lot of playing time this week due to injuries mentioned + injuries to the receivers + the weather + short week (he's fresh). Personally you have to get him involved and go for the wins. Our run game is horrid right now and they need a spark. If he eclipses 175 yards it means he's playing well or the other guys have gotten hurt; need him. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they feed him today and revert back to more of a committee for SEA and MIA. 

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I still believe Robinson can be a productive back. And yes, with Bam banged up and the weather forecast being what it is he could get some more opportunities. However, I don't see this as a 'revenge' game.

Fact is, the Jags will do what most teams have done against a Zach Wilson led Jets team- stack the box and shut down the run.  

There's a reason MLF throws the ball 50 times and its not because he hates running it or is a terrible OC. If you can't run the ball because the defense is selling out on the run- you HAVE to throw the ball until the defense backs off. 

I think we will see the Jets TRY to run the ball to maintain a balanced attack but will fairly quickly be forced to turn to a short passing attack. 

This will be a great opportunity for the Jets big 3 WRs Davis, Wilson, Moore to make a huge impact. It will be raining and these guys will relied upon to make tough catches, probably on a number of critical 3rd downs. Drops will KILL the Jets in this game. Big pays through the air will keep the Jets in this game. 

With the weather being awful, It might be hard to have the long passes, maybe short passes to the tight ends, RBs and WRs…

Like you said if they stack the box against him run, they may not have a choice but to pass to set up the run

• Upvote 1

He has shown good hands out of the backfield in the past and he sure as hell has fresh legs.  Unless there is something going on we don't know about I think he should be active and get touches tonight.  I understand he doesn't play special teams and that may be why Johnson gets the active nod over Robinson but a win tonight is worth the risk with Bam not healthy.

• Upvote 1

he was very good before his injury guess he is a shell of himself 

Wilson is awful in good weather him in rain he will throw 5 ints if they let him throw-I predict a run heavy ultra conservative game plan-If I was the jets OC I would use moore out of the backfield like the niners use deebo-he has speed and in the rain one move and he will be off to the races

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he was very good before his injury guess he is a shell of himself 

Wilson is awful in good weather him in rain he will throw 5 ints if they let him throw-I predict a run heavy ultra conservative game plan-If I was the jets OC I would use moore out of the backfield like the niners use deebo-he has speed and in the rain one move and he will be off to the races

Does anybody know why TY Johnson has been missing in action, he was finally starting to come on… Between him and James Robinson, is Michael Carter injured, what is he just lacking ?

2 minutes ago, LSJF said:

How many carries, he would definitely be fresh legs tonight

29 carries for 85 yards.  That is just under 3 yards per carry.  That is not good enough!  I do agree that if Bam is not good for tonight, then he should be activated and get some carries.  Another chance for him to make an impact.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LSJF said:

Revenge? He was traded away from Jacksonville. 

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

He’s been injured though, so probs not fresh enough.

Hopefully from sitting out three weeks or so, he’s healed a little bit, since everybody else is banged up, it would be great if he could step in and do some damage

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the Claw said:

He’s been injured though, so probs not fresh enough.

He's been a healthy scratch, partly due to the terms of the conditional trade and partly due to the emergence of Knight, who has an ankle issue. This is a must win game and we are light on receivers. I could see more RBs being up this week and Robinson getting a decent amount of carries w/fresh legs.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

another JD expert move... trading for James Robinson 

Joe Douglas is overrated. He has some great moves and some terrible ones. He's mediocre people treat him like the savior of NY Jets football. 

It’s interesting, we have prior GM’s to compare Joe D too… if you can’t see that he has improved our roster even with all these injuries, then the hate is blind, even in Super Bowl winning organizations, they have bust drafts as well… JD is not God, but he’s been the best thing that we’ve had here in quite some time,… If James Robinson helps us in anyway tonight, then the trade looks a little better …. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he also traded for Joe Flacco. Think about that for a second, Joe Douglas gave a draft pick for Joe Flacco. Insane. 

Flacco has more worth onthe sideline. I don’t think it was a mistake to trade for him, just a mistake to play him on the field.

15 minutes ago, LSJF said:

It’s interesting, we have prior GM’s to compare Joe D too… if you can’t see that he has improved our roster even with all these injuries, then the hate is blind, even in Super Bowl winning organizations, they have bust drafts as well… JD is not God, but he’s been the best thing that we’ve had here in quite some time,… If James Robinson helps us in anyway tonight, then the trade looks a little better …. 

yes he improved the roster that he tore down to the ground

the Jets have been 6-10 and 7-9 before no one threw a parade for these people 

James Robinson is washed. He's coming back from an Achilles many skill guys don't really come back from that.