Jets standing by QB Zach Wilson 'through hell or high water'

Bronx

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch.

“Player needs to meet them halfway.”

Zach is done. He’s uncoachable.

The reports about entitlement, the non-captain thing and “affluenza” were dismissed predraft as baseless.  What a joke.

"affluenza" - do you have a link for this? I've never seen anyone use that term to describe Zach Wilson. Of course, coincidentally (lol), Channing Crowder JUST appeared on Colin Cowherd's show this week and described Mac Jones of all people with this exact term - I'm assuming you heard it there and decided to apply it to Zach Wilson?

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

"affluenza" - do you have a link for this? I've never seen anyone use that term to describe Zach Wilson. Of course, coincidentally (lol), Channing Crowder JUST appeared on Colin Cowherd's show this week and described Mac Jones of all people with this exact term - I'm assuming you heard it there and decided to apply it to Zach Wilson?

There was talk about this 

Maybe that word wasn’t used, but same idea

Something about Wilson’s uncle owning Jet Blue

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

In concept i agree, but the problem with this situation is that the regime is setting it up so he won’t have a chance to prove himself next season.  If they bring in carr he plays every game.  Wilson may not even dress. 

His stock rises when he doesn't play.  

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

There was talk about this 

Maybe that word wasn’t used, but same idea

Something about Wilson’s uncle owning Jet Blue

Fine - I personally reject the idea that your uncle owning JetBlue means you don't know how to work hard. I think that's pretty unfair. 

I think people should be treated on a case by case basis - if there were rumors about him being entitled or not hard working, that is one thing. But to assume he has these negative character traits just because his family has a lot of money is not right, IMO. It all depends on how he was raised and what values his parents instilled in him as a boy/young man. 

I think Wilson was an overdrafted prospect based on one big year in a small program and was just not ready to play in the NFL (and maybe never will be). I don't think it's necessary to invoke class warfare and sh*t on his character just because he was born rich. He just sucks as an NFL QB. 

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This can't work unless Zach comes back and does a complete 180. He has to come back and get his completion  percentage  into the 65 range, needs to throw for about 300 yards a game, needs to throw the ball accurately,  stop throwing off his back foot, and play under control in the pocket.  

That is a lot to ask in one off season. This team is in win now mode. We can't  spend another season to see if Zach can be the guy. That was this season. The team is ready, Zach is not. 

Completion percentage is one of if not the single worst stat to grade a QB on. If Zach is the QB we need to score. If he does that by having a 55% completion rate but 9 YPA, or by using his legs or playing backyard ball it does not matter

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch.

“Player needs to meet them halfway.”

Zach is done. He’s uncoachable.

The reports about entitlement, the non-captain thing and “affluenza” were dismissed predraft as baseless.  What a joke.

Jeez talk about jumping to conclusions with the uncoachable thing.  When the weather channel mentions snow , do you also start telling everyone there’s a blizzard coming?

Look I’m disappointed in Wilson too but some of you guys are way too eager to attack the kid.  

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Completion percentage is one of if not the single worst stat to grade a QB on. If Zach is the QB we need to score. If he does that by having a 55% completion rate but 9 YPA, or by using his legs or playing backyard ball it does not matter

Zachs completion percentage  sucks because he can't  complete passes that should be layups 

57 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Jeez talk about jumping to conclusions with the uncoachable thing.  When the weather channel mentions snow , do you also start telling everyone there’s a blizzard coming?

Look I’m disappointed in Wilson too but some of you guys are way too eager to attack the kid.  

It's semantics.  He's not putting in the work.  He's not doing what the coaches ask him to do.

The moment MW was named starter, his teammates immediately praised his work ethic.  Even Woody chimed in about this.

It's not that hard to read between the lines.

Wilson isn't injured, yet Chris freaking Streveler is active over him.

What more do you need to know?

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

They should trade him to an organization that thinks he has value because they have the coaching tools to develop him.  

No dispute here. If someone places more value on him than us, that's where he should go certainly.

I expect Steve Young, Simms, and other surrogates to hammer this point relentlessly in the media.