*** College Game Day 01-09 National Championship Game!***

Beerfish

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t bet but I find it funny when the over gets covered and all the work is done by one team lol.  

O/U was 63 IIRC.  So one more TD takes care of it.  

You’re a heartless bastard. What about all the guys who took the under? They have mouths to feed, and all you care about is your own amusement.

game of thrones shame GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This run that Georgia is on is something else. Reminds me of that run at Miami where they were churning out 5 first rounders per year. Smart might produce the #1 overall two years in a row at DL which is insane when you think about it.

Alabama has been doing that for the last 10 years.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/LongFormArticle/Every-Alabama-Football-first-round-NFL-draft-pick-of-the-Nick-Saban-era-186760372/#186760372_7

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well they were silly to make that bet and should feel bad 

Shows what I know.  Figured if the under hit, we would be in good shape, but if the over hit, we would be in trouble.  Never imagined that we would make the over almost singehandedly.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Alabama has been doing that for the last 10 years.

Saban will have Bama back next year.  He had to sit on the set and listen to the panel discussing Georgia as the new standard in college football.  That is not going to sit well with Saban.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Shows what I know.  Figured if the under hit, we would be in good shape, but if the over hit, we would be in troublr.  Never imagined that we would make the over almost singehandedly.

Unreal.  Biggest blowout in national title history and it won’t be broken easily.  

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Saban will have Bama back next year.  He had to sit on the set and listen to the panel discussing Georgia as the new standard in college football.  That is not going to sit well with Saban.

I hate Saban but I'll never argue his success at churning out NFL players. He's the goat and it's undeniable.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

They should have been there this year. 2 losses in the SEC should be equivalent to 1 loss in the Big Ten. It's so nuts they still give no deference to this.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

This might sound silly, but in my entire life I’ve never had a team I root in any sport for go back to back.

Is it anywhere near as good the second time?

Completely different when it is a win like this, with none of the drama of last year.  But this year I felt like I was already playing with house money, winning the Natty last year.  The one I really wanted was the SEC this year, once we won that, the rest was gravy.

I guess that means last years was a bit more special -- especially finally getting the best of Bama when they had kicked us around for so long.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They should have been there this year. 2 losses in the SEC should be equivalent to 1 loss in the Big Ten.

As long as it was a 4 team playoff, it should have always been two SEC teams, the Big 10 winner and then a wild card team. (That way a 3rd SEC team could get in)

Completely different when it is a win like this, with none of the drama of last year.  But this year I felt like I was already playing with house money, winning the Natty last year.  The one I really wanted was the SEC this year, once we won that, the rest was gravy.

I guess that means last years was a bit more special -- especially finally getting the best of Bama when they had kicked us around for so long.

Congrats buddy! 

• Upvote 2

This is by far the more impressive championship. Forget how hard it is to repeat in the first place. How the **** do you lose 15 guys to the draft and then win the championship again the next year? And another 9 to the transfer portal? And in the SEC. Legit the most impressive repeat maybe in the history of college ball.

• Upvote 3