Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Is this for real? Congrats on 10 months if so.

You case for jgb being coached seems pretty evident.

What I’m trying to discern is who it’s coming from. Would 80 do it here if he’s doing it in the scum chat? I dunno.

The reality is, someone in the scum team is doing jgb and their team a huge disservice by over-informing him and not allowing him to naturally look like a new player.  

This would be interesting. Scum has a first-timer teammate which is a huge asset. Coaches them up to draw obvious attention to a first day lynching. I know this is WIFOM but it wouldn't be scum having to choose a glass of wine. It would be them drinking both glasses -- tossing a newb's best strength (ability to play ignorance) while burning him for a D1 lynching. 

I’ll weigh in on both sides here… Jif feels like aggravation that we all do t see what he sees. He gets that way because of the massive gap between his goid s scum hunted he thinks he is versus how awful we know he is.

At the moment, not getting scum vibe. Reserve the right to change my mind and kick you all in the pussy.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Better question, how does a newb know what policy lynches and gambits are?

Gambit is a pretty universal term. Policy lynch and mod kill not so much, and aren’t exactly things I think I’d be searching for on the mafia wiki as a newbie unless something in the game prompted it.

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

Causes a massive distraction with horrendous logic that 6-7 people call him out on.

Claims ignorance after and tries to double dip to drive another side-show on the exact same topic.

It won't work. Ask away but you're not going to get any more explanations than the 7 you already have.

Scummy.

None of this makes any sense.  I have 2 votes on me.  I aint dying today homeboy and I aint scum.

You, on the other hand, are hitting all sorts of tells. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

This would be interesting. Scum has a first-timer teammate which is a huge asset. Coaches them up to draw obvious attention to a first day lynching. I know this is WIFOM but it wouldn't be scum having to choose a glass of wine. It would be them drinking both glasses -- tossing a newb's best strength (ability to play ignorance) while burning him for a D1 lynching. 

You’re adding convoluted jibberish to my case. Not needed.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Gambit is a pretty universal term. Policy lynch and mod kill not so much, and aren’t exactly things I think I’d be searching for on the mafia wiki as a newbie unless something in the game prompted it.

Let him answer.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not ‘crusher isn’t voting numerous’, it’s more here’s a comment calling out crusher for not suspect 80 specifically, as if he onus’s 80 is scum.

This specifically is the most nuanced scummy thing I’ve seen in pages. 

catch up, homey.  he's hitting tells left and right

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because the illuminati came to me in a dream. I googled it and a mafia glossary to know WTF is going on. 

It's true he was over there reading away and I was like:Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

But then learning from you animals on the fly seemed like folly so I followed suit soooo......

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

I change my answer. I was wandering through the Palestinian desert on a pilgrimage when I stumbled upon the Qumran Caves which revealed to me the hidden terminology of this game on ancient scrolls I found there. Then I invented a time machine to populate the Internet with this information to be able to say I googled it.

Every week I have to "expert up" on a new case. One week it's pharmacology, next week it's loaders used to move hulls down an shipyard assembly line (guy lost his leg, nasty case), once it was the components of train breaking systems to defend against a patent infringement claim.

I'm a lawyer -- this is what we do.

While valid, this explanation is also convenient. I guess time will tell. 

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

on pac - doesn't he always do this when he doesn't have a PR too? not that i care if he gets lynched. seems to make it safe either way.

no idea what your land of the lost comment means. never saw or read it.

I’m playing catch up.   Don’t like this.   Why would you offer up the potential to call out a player who might be a town power role?

13 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

If you’re town, this doesn’t help us. Consolidating on someone is our best bet.

Eh….don’t like this either.   This feels like forcing someone to change their vote.  Logic is sound, but you also accused me of vote hopping earlier and here you are telling someone to hop on the latest train.

im digging up more thoughts.  This was just an initial read through

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Votecount
80 - jvill, Stark, Smash (3)
Greenseed - 80, Hal (2)
Jif - Pac, jgb (2)
jgb - lurker, greenseed, Jif, Ape, Barry (5)
Arsis - Beaver (1)
Barry - Arsis (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
DEADLINE: Monday 9AM EST

553343882_smile-lamorne-morris(1).gif.bac06a19da2120a2ea4514f805360cd6.gif

#ulteriormotives

23 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Votecount
80 - jvill, Stark, Smash (3)
Greenseed - 80, Hal (2)
Jif - Pac, jgb (2)
jgb - lurker, greenseed, Jif, Ape, Barry (5)
Arsis - Beaver (1)
Barry - Arsis (1)

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
DEADLINE: Monday 9AM EST

Can we get #6 ... #6 anyone... looking for #6.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

So why the change from Being so sure Nolder wouldn’t make a rookie scum, to the opposite theory that Nolder made jgb scum? There wasn’t any change in jgb’s behavior that I noticed.

Not true. After my theory, 3 things happened that changed my mind:

1. I was called out for “gaming the mod”and assured that Nolder selects roles at random.

2. Jgb had a strange fascination with “roles” then quickly shut that down.

3. Jgb started using advanced player terminology, some of which wasn’t on his cheat sheet (WIFOM, mod kill, scum hunt, etc.)

…after getting called out by @Jetsfan80@The Crusher and @Integrity28 and then seeing these little terminology slips it became obvious the guy is getting coached. I know we don’t lynch first time players on D1 (another great rule btw, GFYs), but I was hoping to see who would come running to his rescue. 

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s a pressure effort, Lurk. You’ll experience it at some point.

Honestly if you get to L-1 I might relent .... I enjoy our dynamic...

"You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

Then again we'll probably just kill each other? ?

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Crusher why move off? Holding your cards or have a new target in mind?

Keeping your powder dry is cool I guess but I wonder… 80 has completely evaded any suspicion from you…

Suspicious On To You GIF by Originals

80 tends to get himself voted off with a quickness. Verbal and Nyn use to play seemingly to just vote him off. I like to give him a day or so and I have a way of reading his play as it relates to how he approaches directing votes.

Peen had  a very good post, the one I unvoted  him after quoting him. I took the pressure off him because we have more time and I want him to answer to add babes to his observations. 

No, no new target. Seeing patient now then to the gym. I’ll read later and get on a couple things I saw this morning, 

Im less if a strategic player and more of a gut instinct player. 

• Upvote 2