Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

And Rodgers showing up a Packers camp. That would be a fun day. Two guys who think they are starting. We dont need Rodgers until July or August. He will be here way before that. 

If… we meet the Packers asking price. (who knows what that actually is though? I certainly don’t)

BTW Rodgers isn’t going to be in GB’s TC unless they want him there. You’re smart enough to know that.

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

And Rodgers showing up a Packers camp. That would be a fun day. Two guys who think they are starting. We dont need Rodgers until July or August. He will be here way before that. 

He won’t do that. He won’t get involved. 

I was responding to you saying as time ticks by the pressure is on the packers. That’s not true. They can deal him Memorial Day. 

I think it will get done draft weekend or about June 5th. 

Rodgers was not on the same page with the young WRs early last season and took some heat for skipping voluntary workouts.  It matters. The jets need him much sooner than the packers have to act. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

He won’t do that. He won’t get involved. 

I was responding to you saying as time ticks by the pressure is on the packers. That’s not true. They can deal him Memorial Day. 

I think it will get done draft weekend or about June 5th. 

Rodgers was not on the same page with the young WRs early last season and took some heat for skipping voluntary workouts.  It matters. The jets need him much sooner than the packers have to act. 

Rodgers will be joining an offense where he was the MVP for two straight seasons and his #1 receiver, who he is already working out with and the backup QB, who knows the offense as well. I am pretty confident, he will be fine.

15 minutes ago, doitny said:

are you kidding? thats why he hated GB for drafted Love instead of helping him try to win a SB. you draft a QB at 13th and we didnt trade for him yet he wont come. 

So....you do not see the difference between the GBP drafting Love in the first round while AR was still on the GBP at age 35, and the situation where if the deal for AR to the NYJ  was not finalized by draft day (original proposition) and the Jets draft a QB at 13 and then AFTER THAT still trade for AR?  You really think that would piss off AR?  LOL.

Just now, JETS SB said:

Rodgers will be joining an offense where he was the MVP for two straight seasons and his #1 receiver, who he is already working out with and the backup QB, who knows the offense as well. I am pretty confident, he will be fine.

2 out of 15. Not great bob. 

• WTF? 1

27 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What makes you so sure? You read someone say that in a tweet and you choose to believe them?

If the Jets don’t meet the ask, there is absolutely no reason why GB can’t let this go past the draft, and hope another team will become interested in AR in ‘23 for ‘24&25 picks. Failing that, they can adjust their price with the Jets to an equivalent of what they want now.

GB has Rodgers. We don’t. We’re the ones without a QB and who want to win now.
They just care about draft capital and in their situation, 23 or equivalent 24 picks really don’t make a big difference.

Wrong. Go back to the drawing board.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If… we meet the Packers asking price. (who knows what that actually is though? I certainly don’t)

BTW Rodgers isn’t going to be in GB’s TC unless they want him there. You’re smart enough to know that.

Wut??

AR has a current valid deal/contract with GBP that IF he shows up, and does what the contract requires, he's guaranteed $110 million over the next two years....whether they want him there or not.  He'd either be the most expensive backup in NFL history or severely f*ck with Love's head.

Smartest thing AR could do if the trade isn't done is show up in GB.  What kind of turmoil would that cause?  And, god forbid he got hurt, GB would be stuck with the remaining $110 million.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

“What have Jet fans have said for months now” for $500 Alex.

and yet… here we are.

Where are we exactly? April 15th? There is no deadline until Rodgers has to show up, which to me would be July. Only for panicking Jets fans, they are scrambling because they are impatient. JD has shown us enough, in his ability to make trades, that he will make it happen, if its reasonable. He seems confident with what he has said. No reason to overpay for a guy that will be playing for us, in the end. The Packers cannot keep him. But panicking is part of the Jets fans nature. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because you don't evaluate a QB on the jets track record. You evaluate the actual QB prospect. That's pure cynicism 

Ok then, how much trust do you have on this team in evaluating QB prospects? Plus, there are better options than going for a 1st round QB again. There are good prospects every season, and the Jets always get it wrong. Plus, if they did go for it, it's a huge gamble that will likely end up with them on the chopping block.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because eventually this team is gonna need to figure it out and draft a quality QB.  

Maybe. This isn't the year. Not because of lack of talent but because there are better uses of the pick and better options than drafting one this year.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

So....you do not see the difference between the GBP drafting Love in the first round while AR was still on the GBP at age 35, and the situation where if the deal for AR to the NYJ  was not finalized by draft day (original proposition) and the Jets draft a QB at 13 and then AFTER THAT still trade for AR?  You really think that would piss off AR?  LOL.

1. WTF are you talking to me about the Jets drafting a QB at 13 for? When did I say anything about them doing that?

2. I think we’re all pretty up to snuff with his contract by now, so spare me with that noise also.

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Maybe. This isn't the year. Not because of lack of talent but because there are better uses of the pick and better options than drafting one this year.

In Rd 1-2?  Agreed.  Rd 3 or later?  I'm fine with it.  Every GM in the league should be taking shots at QBs in the mid-late rounds nearly every season.  

• Upvote 1

At some point you guys are going to have to accept that the Packer GM isn’t going to get steamrolled by JD in this deal. 
Rodgers will almost certainly be a Jet, but you’re going to be upset with what it will cost.
This Gute fella ain’t a pushover like the Seahawk guy was.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In Rd 1-2?  Agreed.  Rd 3 or later?  I'm fine with it.  Every GM in the league should be taking shots at QBs in the mid-late rounds nearly every season.  

Oh of course. My point is drafting QBs in the early rounds is not the way to go, especially considering the Jets' track record and the other options on the table. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Where are we exactly? April 15th? There is no deadline until Rodgers has to show up, which to me would be July. Only for panicking Jets fans, they are scrambling because they are impatient. JD has shown us enough, in his ability to make trades, that he will make it happen, if its reasonable. He seems confident with what he has said. No reason to overpay for a guy that will be playing for us, in the end. The Packers cannot keep him. But panicking is part of the Jets fans nature. Carry on.

The last thing you’ll ever see is me panicking on a football message board.
I’m just trying to look at this from both sides, not just as a Jets fan.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not addressing anything about Saleh, JD, or the facts of what is actually going on.  I’m well informed regarding all of that.  Yes, their job security depending on this getting done will make sure that it, likely, gets done.  Just like Gutenkunst’s needs to rid himself of the contract he gave Aaron, to prove that Love was the right pick, and build around him so that he can properly be evaluated will, likely, push it over the finish line.

I’m just addressing the absolutely arrogant, laughable, and ridiculous belief that Packers fans hold, which is that we, as Jets fans, give 2 sh*ts about having to watch someone other than Rodgers if we don’t give them a gazillion picks, one of which being a guaranteed 1st round pick.

“Let the Boyle era begin…” - lmfao.  My guy, I have sat through some of the worst QB play pro football fans have ever seen for the better part of the last 12 years.  You think I give a flying you-know-what about waiting if it means not overpaying for a QB who is a, potentially, 1 year rental?

This needs to be a sticky on this thread 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

They cannot be stuck with Rodgers. That is the entire point. Not even sure why we are even talking about this. The trade will be made on draft day, after the Jets draft in the 1st round. 2 2nds and its done. 

They literally can pay Rodgers 60 million and he would be the starter.  Rodgers and guttenkurst hating each other doesn't preclude Rodgers playing for green bay. It doesn't move love anywhere. The Packers succession plan just gets pushed back 

32 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They literally can pay Rodgers 60 million and he would be the starter.  Rodgers and guttenkurst hating each other doesn't preclude Rodgers playing for green bay. It doesn't move love anywhere. The Packers succession plan just gets pushed back 

I think I’m going to have to agree with @JETS SB What’s the purpose of you being here?

It’s one thing if two Jet fans disagree amongst themselves. At the end of the day we’re on the same side, rooting for the same team on Sundays.

Why not go back to where you came from, and let us worry about our team? Go tell the Bills fans all about Levis and Stroud.

56 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Okay, I’m all ears… you don’t see GB asking for picks after the draft that equate to what they want now?

Dude. Your statement is flat out wrong. Every media person, fan, pundit, alien, plant, and gerbil have already outlined all the reasons they need to get out from under that contract. This notion that they just care about draft capital and its not important which year the picks are is just wrong.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dude. Your statement is flat out wrong. Every media person, fan, pundit, alien, plant, and gerbil have already outlined all the reasons they need to get out from under that contract. This notion that they just care about draft capital and it’s not important which year the picks are is just wrong.

First of all you didn’t answer my question As for your statement? Wrong. You just believe the pundits who agree with your view point.
They want to move on from Rodgers and play Love. If they still wanted AR, they can handle the contract.
In case you haven’t noticed, just about every one of us will be happy to see the Jets take that horrific contract off their hands 

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

so instead of getting a OG or even a OT if you dont trust Becton will be back we instead get a guy who cant help us win now? yeah of course he will be pissed. we have at least 3 holes to fill on the line. C...OG..OT. we need a WR with Moore gone. we lost a few guys on the DL. we have a lot of holes to fill. 

so instead of picking a stud everyday player who could help us win a road playoff game in Buffalo you want to use our highest draft pick on a guy who will be sitting on the bench for 1 or 2 years until Rodgers is gone? then why are we bothering to get him? 

im pretty sure if we draft a QB at 13th Rodgers wont come here. im even more sure that if we did that we wouldnt trade for Rodgers anymore. 

46 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think I’m going to have to agree with @JETS SB What’s the purpose of you being here?

It’s one thing if two Jet fans disagree amongst themselves. At the end of the day we’re on the same side, rooting for the same team on Sundays.

Why not go back to where you came from, and let us worry about our team? Go tell the Bills fans all about Levis and Stroud.

Because I have accounts on multiple NFL message boards and enjoy talking/ debating football outside my own fandom echo chamber.  I also respect jets fans and grew up liking jets players. Marvin Jones and Sam Cowart were legends of mine growing up. Wayne Chrebet, Ray Mickens among others

Stop avoiding the question 

48 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dude. Your statement is flat out wrong. Every media person, fan, pundit, alien, plant, and gerbil have already outlined all the reasons they need to get out from under that contract. This notion that they just care about draft capital and its not important which year the picks are is just wrong.

The Packers already have a QB. The picks in the future are all that matter. Whether it's multiple picks now or next year, it still helps Love. Not sure what's so hard to understand here. 

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

First of all you didn’t answer my question As for your statement? Wrong. You just believe the pundits who agree with your view point.
They want to move on from Rodgers and play Love. If they still wanted AR, they can handle the contract.
In case you haven’t noticed, just about every one of us will be happy to see the Jets take that horrific contract off their hands 

They want to, they don't HAVE to....

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

8 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because I have accounts on multiple NFL message boards and enjoy talking/ debating football outside my own fandom echo chamber.  I also respect jets fans and grew up liking jets players. Marvin Jones and Sam Cowart were legends of mine growing up. Wayne Chrebet, Ray Mickens among others

Stop avoiding the question 

I included your prior post that I quoted. Where is the question you say I’m avoiding?

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I included your prior post that I quoted. Where is the question you say I’m avoiding?

Nothing is forcing green bay to trade Rodgers. Rodgers isn't retiring obviously

There's only upside to green bay waiting woody out. 

The question is how do the jets actually give themselves an out so guttenkurst doesn't go full court press and demand 3 1sts, Jermaine Johnson or god knows what else. Guttenkurst isn't going to just give woody a solid 

Woody/ Douglas can't come to the negotiation with Zach Wilson as plan B.  

Plan b has to be a viable option like Levis or Stroud