Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

That’s not happening. but if he does, they just sit him, or deal with it.

See for me this is where all logic leaves the room and as a Jets fan shame on you, I expect better.

GB just deal with one of the greatest A holes to ever toss a football?!??

HA!!!

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Would be a hefty gamble but they could do that

The drop dead fall back option for the Packers isn't keeping Rodgers.  It's finding another team to off load his contract at a vastly reduced price.  Perhaps nothing.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Exactly, and as I was talking about, he would not skip camp

The Packers will move him before TC one way or the other.    Taking on that contract should be a fireable offense for the entire packers front office.

21 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

See for me this is where all logic leaves the room and as a Jets fan shame on you, I expect better.

GB just deal with one of the greatest A holes to ever toss a football?!??

HA!!!

Imaginary scenarios can only be given possible outcomes.
If you’re totally on board with the “Green Bay has no leverage here with this trade” view point, fine. Dig your head in the sand, and be happy.

In reality though, if that were true, this deal would’ve been done weeks or months ago. They’re in a bad position for sure, but how can you look at our QB room now and think we aren’t as well?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, ptisme said:

The drop dead fall back option for the Packers isn't keeping Rodgers.  It's finding another team to off load his contract at a vastly reduced price.  Perhaps nothing.

So, trade him somewhere he doesn't want to go, and he can nix, just to not give in?  Right, professionals.  Lol

29 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's only a (dead cap hit )if he's retired or playing for someone else in 25. 

Rodgers isn't passing up the 100 million because he doesn't get along with guttenkurst.... 

No, dead cap does not transfer to a new team if Rodgers is traded. If the Packers decide to exercise is his $60m bonus this year and his $45m bonus next year, regardless where Rodgers is in 2025, the Packers will receive that full dead cap hit.

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Exactly, and as I was talking about, he would not skip camp

I guess it could happen, but I’d be shocked if he shows up. Wouldn’t you think he and the Packers would agree it best for him to sit out while they continue to try and facilitate a trade?

If I were the Jets, i don’t think I’d be very happy to see him in their TC either. I’d be worried about him getting hurt or the odds of them just keeping him would increasing.

(before you say “but the contract…. I don’t think GB signed him to it envisioning they’d be trading him after one year, so as distasteful as it might appear, there are worse things then having him play it out there. (I seriously can’t imagine that happening, but it’s as viable a possibility as him showing up)

Finally, as a Jet fan, I could care less about the Packers cap woes. I just don’t see how Rodgers in their TC is a good thing for us.

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Imaginary scenarios can only be given possible outcomes.
If you’re totally on board with the “Green Bay has no leverage here with this trade” view point, fine. Dig your head in the sand, and be happy.

In reality though, if that were true, this deal would’ve been done weeks or months ago. They’re in a bad position for sure, but how can you look at our QB room now and think we aren’t as well?

-Lamar Jackson

OR

-sign a vet and draft a dude 

This is not rocket science 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I guess it could happen, but I’d be shocked if he shows up. Wouldn’t you think he and the Packers would agree it best for him to sit out while they continue to try and facilitate a trade?

It would be to the Packers benefit, not really Rodgers. Rodgers would benefit from the situation getting ugly and trying to force a trade by showing up.

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I were the Jets, i don’t think I’d be very happy to see him in their TC either. I’d be worried about him getting hurt or the odds of them just keeping him would increase.

Rodgers just has to report, he doesn't actually have to participate. He could have migraines or some other illness that would prevent injury.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

(before you say “but the contract…. I don’t think GB signed him to it envisioning they’d be trading him after one year, so as distasteful as it might appear, there are worse things then having him play it out there. (I seriously can’t imagine that happening, but it’s as viable a possibility as him showing up)

They signed him to this contract so they could have this option to trade him. If they decide to hold onto, that's totally possible but to do that would eliminate a future with Love due to the enormous hit they'd need to take on.

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Finally, as a Jet fan, I could care less about the Packers cap woes. I just don’t see how Rodgers in their TC is a good thing for us.

It's only an issue for us if Rodgers is running around or taking hits wrecklessly. I'd imagine Rodgers would be in the weight room with a mysterious injury and would only be reporting to make make things uncomfortable for Green Bay and Jordan Love.

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It would be to the Packers benefit, not really Rodgers. Rodgers would benefit from the situation getting ugly and trying to force a trade by showing up.

Rodgers just has to report, he doesn't actually have to participate. He could have migraines or some other illness that would prevent injury.

They signed him to this contract so they could have this option to trade him. If they decide to hold onto, that's totally possible but to do that would eliminate a future with Love due to the enormous hit they'd need to take on.

It's only an issue for us if Rodgers is running around or taking hits wrecklessly. I'd imagine Rodgers would be in the weight room with a mysterious injury and would only be reporting to make make things uncomfortable for Green Bay and Jordan Love.

I agree with everything you said here, my friend. What i don’t understand is how any of the above helps us?

7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dude our “best” option is pushing 50, besides what are we supposed to do black magick a QB??????  

I know you think you’re making some kind of point here, but I’m sorry. I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about now with this post. ?‍♂️
Are you trying to say you want to draft a QB in the 1st round this year?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I were the Jets, i don’t think I’d be very happy to see him in their TC either. I’d be worried about him getting hurt or the odds of them just keeping him would increasing.

That would only be possible if Rodgers voluntary lobotomy were successful

19 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I know you think you’re making some kind of point here, but I’m sorry. I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about now with this post. ?‍♂️
Are you trying to say you want to draft a QB in the 1st round this year?

What I’m trying to say is:

funny face tease GIF

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They are picking up his 5th year option regardless of whatever Rodgers does man. Why is simple math this hard. 

It's hard for you because you refuse to accept you're wrong and have been wrong. Of course they'll pick up the 5th year option. But they're not handing love 50M a year without a body of work which is why their president said they are moving on from Rodgers. Rodgers wouldn't play there next year if Murphy went on mcafee with him and got in his hands and knees and begged him to return on a live YouTube broadcast. You can't accept this reality because it doesn't jive with the narrative you're trying to spin in which the jets are a pathetically desperate franchise and need to send GB 8x firsts immediately to secure Rodgers because GB has zero pressure to do anything. I get the narrative, it weakens the jets and ensures they're a continued laughing stock. But you've worn out your welcome on this board with the 1000000x posts in the past week pushing the same nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree with everything you said here, my friend. What i don’t understand is how any of the above helps us?

It doesn't really. The Packers will be able to ask for the most compensation as we get closer to camp. If they start going into training camp, that will hurt us from a chemistry standpoint.

I think we both agree, it likely won't get to that point though.

Now in an even more extreme situation, what happens if the Jets say "F*ck it" in the middle of Training Camp, and call Green Bay's bluff of having a $60m backup? Would the Jets be willing to sacrifice week 1? They may feel, even with Zach Wilson, the team is good enough to hold its own for a week.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sammybighead said:

It's hard for you because you refuse to accept you're wrong and have been wrong. Of course they'll pick up the 5th year option. But they're not handing love 50M a year without a body of work which is why their president said they are moving on from Rodgers. Rodgers wouldn't play there next year if Murphy went on mcafee with him and got in his hands and knees and begged him to return on a live YouTube broadcast. You can't accept this reality because it doesn't jive with the narrative you're trying to spin in which the jets are a pathetically desperate franchise and need to send GB 8x firsts immediately to secure Rodgers because GB has zero pressure to do anything. I get the narrative, it weakens the jets and ensures they're a continued laughing stock. But you've worn out your welcome on this board with the 1000000x posts in the past week pushing the same nonsense. 

They don't have to give 40-50 mill a year because

1, he hasn't played yet

2. He's not unrestricted for 3 more years

Again why is math hard

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They don't have to give 40-50 mill a year because

1, he hasn't played yet

2. He's not unrestricted for 3 more years

Again why is math hard

I'm not doing the homework for you. Google what it would cost cap wise to keep Rodgers this year, 2024 and 2025, add in Love's 5th year option at 20M next year, realize they would effectively have 1 year to evaluate love because he'll throw a fit if you franchise him given all that he's endured, sprinkle in you'll have zero cap flexibility to add around him in order to evaluate him due to the cap constraints. Again, your shtick is getting tiresome.