Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My understanding is the Packers want the 2024 first unconditionally AND a 2023 pick. I'd venture to be if this happens AFTER the draft, the Jets would be willing to part with the 2024 first since they would have used their picks this year.

If the jets give up an unconditional first for a possible one year rental...  

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

What better offer? Besides your misguided opinions on having a boatload of your cap go to 2 QBs, your whole idea is founded on waiting for a mystery team.

AND that mystery has to be willing to give up the premium assets you want, which they wont do for a pissible 1 year rental. AND AR has to want to play for that mystery team or else they wouldn't even attempt to trade for him. 

You are literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

How is Rodgers being my starter negative...? 

• Haha 1

The inevitable media circus surrounding Zachary taking the #1 reps at the mandatory minicamp in June make all this discussion about training camp and the actual season very unlikely.  Once the packers get passed june 1 there really isn’t any benefit to either side from a constant media blitz and distraction.  Theoretically and hypothetically the packers can wait until September to do the deal, so their bluff carries more weight than the Jets bluff, but realistically both sides want it done before minicamp imho

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

The inevitable media circus surrounding Zachary taking the #1 reps at the mandatory minicamp in June make all this discussion about training camp and the actual season very unlikely.  Once the packers get passed june 1 there really isn’t any benefit to either side from a constant media blitz and distraction.  Theoretically and hypothetically the packers can wait until September to do the deal, so their bluff carries more weight than the Jets bluff, but realistically both sides want it done before minicamp imho

The Exorcist Laugh GIF by filmeditor

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Because Green Bays cap hits and the Jets cap hits are not the same. The Packers have to eat the signing bonuses they've already paid out. For the Jets it would be:

2023: $16m

2024: $32m

2025: $58m dead cap (could be split over 2 years)

there is also a 53 mil cap hit in 2026

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm not doing the homework for you. Google what it would cost cap wise to keep Rodgers this year, 2024 and 2025, add in Love's 5th year option at 20M next year, realize they would effectively have 1 year to evaluate love because he'll throw a fit if you franchise him given all that he's endured, sprinkle in you'll have zero cap flexibility to add around him in order to evaluate him due to the cap constraints. Again, your shtick is getting tiresome.

The problem here is he incorrectly thinks the packers have cheap control over him for 3 more years.

3 hours ago, ptisme said:

I normally don't respond to this kind of drivel but you don't even know me and my posts aren't trolling so f*ck off.

You wrote "drivel" when 99% of people would've written "dribble" (maybe that's an exaggeration but the larger point remains).  +1 to you!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They can easily keep both for 3 more years. The Packers have never been big free agent spenders regardless. 

If you can't acknowledge the basic reality of math, that the cap can be easily manipulated and that Jordan Love is not going anywhere regardless of the Rodgers situation, I can't help you

The Packers would like to move on, they don't have to. They don't have to do anything 

Honest question: When I told you why you were wrong on this earlier did you read it?   They have to move on from Rodgers or they will be cutting good players or letting go of Love without seeing if he can play.

2 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Honest question: When I told you why you were wrong on this earlier did you read it?   They have to move on from Rodgers or they will be cutting good players or letting go of Love without seeing if he can play.

They don't even have to extend Love for 3 years. Love isn't going anywhere

It's not preferable with paying both in 25. But with the salary cap ceiling going to possibly 300 million in 25 , it doesn't matter. Especially if it's just for one year. 

There's no viable circumstance in any scenario where Love has to be moved in the next few years

Even in 26 in this far out hypothetical, you would sign him to a 3 year extension with two years guaranteed. In other words easy to walk away from. 

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

If only you could hear how it sounds to the rest of us when you willingly admit spite is the option you would go with over maximizing return. Bragging about it even. These are the people that eventually get to "capitalism sucks".

Spite?  It's called not being railroaded....

7 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They don't even have to extend Love for 3 years. Love isn't going anywhere

It's not preferable with paying both in 25. But with the salary cap ceiling going to possibly 300 million in 25 , it doesn't matter. Especially if it's just for one year. 

There's no viable circumstance in any scenario where Love has to be moved in the next few years

Even in 26 in this far out hypothetical, you would sign him to a 3 year extension with two years guaranteed. In other words easy to walk away from. 

Love becomes a free agent after next season if the Packers don't pick up his 5th year option next month...  How do you suggest the Packers brass explains to its fans at the shareholder meeting that they will be paying massive money to keep two quarterbacks after next year?

8 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I never said it's cheap or preferred. I simply said they can deal with it 

No, they can't even deal with it. If they had a list of plans labeled A through Z, keeping Rodgers for 3 more years would even register on the chart. Keeping him for 1 additional year would barely be a Z-

3 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Love becomes a free agent after next season if the Packers don't pick up his 5th year option next month...  How do you suggest the Packers brass explains to its fans at the shareholder meeting that they will be paying massive money to keep two quarterbacks after next year?

The Packers are going to pick up the option man. Jordan Love is their future 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

Lol sure, I guess they could "deal with it" but that "it" is having 1 year of Jordan Love with over $100m devoted to QB

Let's move on, this is fantasy talk.   Rodgers will not be a member of the Packers next season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

No, they can't even deal with it. If they had a list of plans labeled A through Z, keeping Rodgers for 3 more years would even register on the chart. Keeping him for 1 additional year would barely be a Z-

How does a hof QB starting for your franchise not register. 

I'll keep saying it

Rodgers hating guttenkurst doesn't preclude him from playing for green bay....

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

Let's move on, this is fantasy talk.   Rodgers will not be a member of the Packers next season.

I hope you are right. I want the jets to get Rodgers. It's exciting and the jets fans deserve it. I just don't want to see the jets get screwed by the Packers. 

I know as a bills fan that sounds weird but I respect a fair shake 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

How does a hof QB starting for your franchise not register. 

I'll keep saying it

Rodgers hating guttenkurst doesn't preclude him from playing for green bay....

Rodgersology: The study of the pettiness and vengefulness of one Aaron Charles Rodgers.   I've got doctorate level knowledge of this subject which I've gained through observation over the last 18 years.   Whether it was his desire to be a HOFer to prove all the teams that passed him by wrong or the behavior he exhibited toward Greg Jennings for the mortal sin of saying high to his former team mate (Favre) during warmups before a game against the Vikings.  Or later his disowning of his entire family.   More recently his disowning of the entire national media...  An idle mind is the devils playground and this dude has an idle mind.  There is absolutely ZERO chance he will ever play for a team Gute is involved in again.  

I'll take it one step further: I don't believe it was Woody that got cold feet on the agreement.   I think it was Rodgers telling the Jets to hold out and not give the Packers what they want out of "spite".   Rodgers owned the Bears and Packers.   Count the Jets as team number three he owns...    TBH the Jets are making a deal with the devil.   But it may just win them a SB.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ptisme said:

Rodgersology: The study of the pettiness and vengefulness of one Aaron Charles Rodgers.   I've got doctorate level knowledge of this subject which I've gained through observation over the last 18 years.   Whether it was his desire to be a HOFer to prove all the teams that passed him by wrong or the behavior he exhibited toward Greg Jennings for the mortal sin of saying high to his former team mate (Favre) during warmups before a game against the Vikings.  An idle mind is the devils playground and this dude has an idle mind.  There is absolutely ZERO chance he will ever play for a team Gute is involved in again.  

I'll take it one step further: I don't believe it was Woody that got cold feet on the agreement.   I think it was Rodgers telling the Jets to hold out and not give the Packers what they want out of "spite".   Rodgers owned the Bears and Packers.   Count the Jets as team number three he owns...    TBH the Jets are making a deal with the devil.   But it may just win them a SB.

GIF by Giphy QA

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Why in the blue hell would the Packers not start Rodgers. 

Good lord 

Good lord, you are thick. 

Besides the fact Rodgers would essentially throw a tantrum and refuse to start, you then have Jordan Love pissed off after telling him all off season it was his team and his time. 

Nothing you say makes any sense. Could the Packers keep 2 QBs? Sure, but it comes at a massive detriment in terms of cap cost, hamstringing their ability to fill out a roster.

That move also manages to piss off both QBs

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1