3 hours ago, Maxman said:

We are in the process of updating the front page right now. It will be down for a little bit. Yes, we have a front page.  :)

You mean like a newspaper? I love newspapers! I’ll send my address and keep an eye out for it in the mailbox!

clint eastwood kids GIF

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Testing the forums. We havent moved them but had to install a new SSL certificate.

Trying to open the forums on my phone this morning and I got this; Screenshot_20230502_072935_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c21feb6241a0169be804664f7c1f6924.jpg

my tablet is normal. (Thats how I'm posting this) 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

We are in the process of updating the front page right now. It will be down for a little bit. Yes, we have a front page.  :)

There is a new design and some cool new features. Forums are moving to cloud hosting next week so we can start doing Live Video Events.  Anyone want to debate?  Actually what two posters would you like to see debate?

We will be able to set things like that up now and everyone can comment on it like in a chat room. When the live event is over it gets converted automatically to a normal thread so the debate lives on. Pretty cool feature.

This new server, it will knock your socks off.  Hat tip to anyone who remembers that reference.

Whoopy do good for you.

Meanwhile, the ocean's are increasing in temperature each month

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

There is a new design and some cool new features. Forums are moving to cloud hosting next week so we can start doing Live Video Events.  Anyone want to debate?  Actually what two posters would you like to see debate?

We will be able to set things like that up now and everyone can comment on it like in a chat room. When the live event is over it gets converted automatically to a normal thread so the debate lives on. Pretty cool feature.

This new server, it will knock your socks off.  Hat tip to anyone who remembers that reference.

One might say it's the AR of front pages? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Hoping these "upgrades" don't include new popups or scrolling through ads in a thread.  No offense, it just seems every time a webpage is upgraded its for more aggressive advertising.  If not, looking forward to the new features.

We aren't changing ad networks or anything like that. The new forums are expensive $229 per month vs $150 per year. We have to do it because they are sending the new features to their cloud hosted clients. And also because I am getting too old for this self hosted stuff.  :) We had a problem the morning of the draft and I was up until 9:30am working on it.

The ad network is on us to show more ads, they say we are leaving money on the table. But I agree with your thought, more ads create a terrible user experience. So I will be putting out an ad free option very soon for anyone that wants to go that route.