Zack Kuntz... Hmmm

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why did he last until the 7th round then though?  Clearly there must be more to the story than we're thinking about.

I heard that he did not come across as a guy that "loves" football. Apparently in his interviews he talks about his love for basketball not football. If you watch the phone call, Middleton sort of hints at him needing to step up and be dedicated. Let's face it GMs and coaches obsess over "first in first out football above everything" alpha personalities. Our coaching seems to not do well with this kind of guy so I wouldn't hold my breath, but I think Middleton might be the right guy to motivate him 

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Had a few minutes to look over the highlights of all the Jets draft picks.  I have to say, pretty intriguing.  Lots of speed and athletic ability.

I never even heard of Zack Kuntz, but I really like the highlights.   He runs good routs, is aggressive to the ball and appears to have good hands.  I have a feeling he's going to be a contributor.  I'm wondering how the Jets are going to use him. 

Will he line up as a TE or be used more like a big WR ???  

Have to remember he won’t be playing against guys from Liberty next year.

Think the kid has a lot of potential.

But he is gonna need a year or 2 to get up to speed IMO.  It’s not an easy transition.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

So if you run good  routes, have good hands, and are an athletic freak what exactly is the project ? Sometimes you get lucky maybe this is our guy for once

Everyone has him rated as a project.  
He doesn’t have good hands, was listed as something he needs to work on.  Along with route running.
For all the accolades we want to imagine he’s earned, he only started 15 games in college.  He’s a freak but he has to learn the position.   He plays the game like a tall WR.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He doesn’t have good hands, was listed as something he needs to work on.  Along with route running.
For all the accolades we want to imagine he’s earned, he only started 15 games in college.  He’s a freak but he has to learn the position.  

Exactly.

We all want him to be George Kittle ASAP (how that guy made it to the 5th round is beyond me I was begging for him in the 3rd that year).

But Kittle played at Iowa in the Big Ten he was ready to play NFL football.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Exactly.

We all want him to be George Kittle ASAP (how that guy made it to the 5th round is beyond me I was begging for him in the 3rd that year).

But Kittle played at Iowa in the Big Ten he was ready to play NFL football.

I would love to see him become the long shot who makes it but the idea that he has it all or that he fell in the draft because of desire is absurd 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would love to see him become the long shot who makes it but the idea that he has it all or that he fell in the draft because of desire is absurd 

I never heard of the kid before until we drafted him so I’m not counting on him to ever amount to anything.  If he does amazing.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

For all the accolades we want to imagine he’s earned, he only started 15 games in college.  He’s a freak but he has to learn the position.   He plays the game like a tall WR.  

yes... tall wr.  that is what i see him being used as.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So if you run good  routes, have good hands, and are an athletic freak what exactly is the project ? Sometimes you get lucky maybe this is our guy for once

Yes.  He's a lottery ticket right now.

If he hits it can be massive - but the likelihood of that happening is minimal.

• Upvote 2