Ranking most athletic draft class by team

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-class-ranking-ras-score-2023/sxi5an8xwcge2eog67bwbpan

Ranking 2023 NFL draft classes by RAS score

1. New York Jets

Average score: 9.64

There were only five players in the 2023 draft class with a perfect 10 grade, and it's no surprise that the Jets landing one of them helped New York top the field. Zack Kuntz and Jarrick Bernard-Converse — both drafted in the later rounds — were the most athletic picks for the Jets in a group that featured two players without measurements and the rest having no lower than 9.12.

Player Position College Round-Overall RAS score
Zack Kuntz TE Old Dominion 7-220 10
Jarrick Bernard-Converse CB LSU 6-204 9.78
Will McDonald IV DE Iowa State 1-15 9.66
Israel Abanikanda RB Pittsburgh 5-143 9.63
Zaire Barnes LB Western Michigan 6-184 9.12
Carter Warren OT Pittsburgh 4-120  
Joe Tippmann C Wisconsin 2-43  

Pats = #14

Dolphins = #16

Bills = #22

It will be interesting to see if this process of evaluation works 2 drafts in a row

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

in the later rounds especially i'd rather them draft incredible athletes. 

49ers = 31. They didn’t start drafting until pick 99. Many of the incredible athletes have been taken by then, which makes the Kuntz pick at #220 all the more curious 

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

49ers = 31. They didn’t start drafting until pick 99. Many of the incredible athletes have been taken by then, which makes the Kuntz pick at #220 all the more curious 

I'm slow tonight I guess. I don't get the correlation between the 49ers and the kuntz pick....

8 hours ago, neckdemon said:

I'm slow tonight I guess. I don't get the correlation between the 49ers and the kuntz pick....

No correlation... only observation.  I guess I was surprised that a freak athlete like Kuntz was still available at #220. Teams like the 49ers, who didn't have picks in the first 3 rounds were left with the less athletic players.

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

14 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

"We were sitting there at the top of the seventh round and just going through some of the guys who just had that freak factor to him and he was right there at the top — the size, the speed, the length, the jump, just everything," said GM Joe Douglas,

"Another size speed freak," Douglas said of Kuntz, who also took home district crowns in the high jump as a sophomore and junior.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

No correlation... only observation.  I guess I was surprised that a freak athlete like Kuntz was still available at #220. Teams like the 49ers, who didn't have picks in the first 3 rounds were left with the less athletic players.

Ahhh yeah I see what you're saying. I was definitely just slow

• Upvote 1