Pats up and coming star CB in serious trouble!

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:
you can bring a gun if you check it I think. But it should be legal to have your gun on you always. *should*

A shootout at 37,000 feet sounds like a great idea. Decompression of the cabin? Ain't no thang! Grab those masks that drop while dodging bullets!

Rights come with responsibilities. Such as knowing where your gun is at all times and that it is secured when not with you. No one seems to want to mention that if you “forgot” your gun is in your bag because you didn’t check to make sure it was secured before you left home, you have failed in this responsibility.

Let’s also not forget that this player plead guilty to burglary in 2018. An unlikely champion for the guns rights folks.

• Upvote 2

Rights come with responsibilities. Such as knowing where your gun is at all times and that it is secured when not with you. No one seems to want to mention that if you “forgot” your gun is in your bag because you didn’t check to make sure it was secured before you left home, you have failed in this responsibility.
Let’s also not forget that this player plead guilty to burglary in 2018. An unlikely champion for the guns rights folks.
You are correct but you would be shocked at how many people have no clue about gun laws, including lawyers

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

You are correct but you would be shocked at how many people have no clue about gun laws, including lawyers emoji1745.png

Ignorance of the law is not a defense -- especially when the safety of others is concerned.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

well driving as far as I know is not protected rigth where as bearing arms is. Why did you have to licensse your dog? Seems to me the big diff is state issue verse a federally protected right. 

Well you should be allowed to carry on a flight in my personally opinion. I dont think if you had a gun then you magically want to shoot everyone if you get on a plane. I do believe you can check a gun in a secure box - maybe true not sure....

you may very well be right about him deing a dumbass and costing himself. It just reminded me of people flying into NY or DC with a gun to only be greeting by law enforcement informing them that thier legal gun is not longer legal and they are now under arrest etc. 

State gov nor fed government should infrindge on your rights...ok im going to try to read these other replys but i mostly want to talk football not gun rights, tyring to be respectful and not ignore anyone lets see how it goes. 

IMO a federal right doesn't mean you don't have any regulation. True or not, TSA has been very clear about guns on planes - fair or not, that is the law. It isn't a north-east thing, nor is it an MA thing. I have a federally protected right to free speech, but I can't shout fire in a crowed theater not can I speak if I have a gag order or share gov't secrets.

I get that you may not like the laws. I also get that for the many that preach tolerance, they don't seem to be very tolerant of people who own guns. But, he broke the law; not liking the law doesn't change the fact that he broke it. The fact that he broke a federal law in MA doesn't make it a Northeaster ridiculous issue.

Just glad this was not a top Jets draft pick. Can't wait for the season to begin.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:31 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah seems as another poster commented he cost him self maybe not the laws...there is away to transport on plane ...my bigger concern was say it was legal gun whwere he came from - transported it legally and then when arrived in state is magically is illigal and now he is screwed. Patriot plauer or not I dont want anyone to get jammed up by dumb laws.

You are actually allowed to mail firearms across state lines.  You just have to remove the bolt.  I’ve done it.

On 6/23/2023 at 10:23 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

the world needs good ones for sure! you guys get a bad wrap because of screw balls, but lawyers can help alot of people. Hope you are a good one!

Lawyers are a lot like guns. You need one because every other azzhole seems to have one.

12 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You are actually allowed to mail firearms across state lines.  You just have to remove the bolt.  I’ve done it.

depending ont he state and the gun, for sure. 

But you a citizen should not be deemed a criminal for having a guy on your person to defend your self, family or property anywhere/anytime especially not because of some imaginary line.

19 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The bolt (in or out) has nothing to do with the legality of mailing a firearm.

You can mail a semi-automitic or manual action long gun (rilfe or shotgun) via USPS to a resident of the same state, if the gun is legal in that state and the sender and recipient can both legally possess the gun.  You can mail the same gun across state lines, but the recipient has to be a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder (usually a licensed gun dealer, gunsmith or manufacturer).  You cannot mail ammunition in the same package.  At most post offices, the postal workers don't know these federal regulations.  The postmaster usually does.

Handguns have to be shipped via common carrier (UPS, Fedex), and at least one of the parties to the shipment has to be a FFL holder.  For example, I have S&W pistol that needed some warranty work.  I'm in GA.  They're in MA.  S&W sent me a Fedex 2nd day label.  I shipped the gun to them.  They shipped the repaired gun back to me the same way.  100% legal because they have an manufacturer's FFL.

For "NFA" National Firearms Act items (automatic weapons, suppressors, short barrelted rifles / shotguns), the rules get more complicated.

With regard to travelling with a firearm in checked baggage (or properly stowed in a vehicle), the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986 (federal law) allows that you can travel thru a place where the firearm would otherwise be illegal, as long as you don't dally in that place on your way to the legal destination.  So, I could legally catch a connecting flight through Boston with my checked firearm with > 10 capacity magazine, as long as it wasn't my destination and I was headed somewhere the gun and magazine were legal.  I wouldn't want to test it, though.  I lived in MA for a decade, and my limited experience with law enforcement there suggests they have no sense of humor, or their underwear is too tight.  You easily could spend a night in jail, miss your flight, and end up with a large legal bill for the trouble of asserting the 1986 federal law overrules state law.

I am in favor of the people having maximum gun rights.  My philosophical view is the 2nd Amendment is the bite to the 1st Amendment's bark.  We hope to never need it, but better to have it than not.  Citizen gun violence is rounding error compared to government gun violence.

Bringing this back to Jones:  I'm sympathetic because MA gun laws are ridiculous, but at some point, you do have to exercise responsibility and comply with the law, if you want to live in and do business in a state.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

depending ont he state and the gun, for sure. 

But you a citizen should not be deemed a criminal for having a guy on your person to defend your self, family or property anywhere/anytime especially not because of some imaginary line.

12 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

You can have a guy on your person as much as you want. 

You guys bucking for mod?