Pats up and coming star CB in serious trouble!

I think someone this irresponsible has to put the time in Jail.   "I forgot I had two deadly weapons in my carryon" ..." just making sure no dumbass took my seat !"  ... I mean come on.  Hunting I have zero issues with and gun ranges ... same.  But idiots that tote lead to look cool or feel big scare me.

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Cheatriots can easily cut dum-dum 

IMG_6462.jpeg

Yet another Belichick draft pick lasting only a couple years on the roster.

Dude has only drafted like 3 good players since 2017 that are still on the team:  Deatrich Wise, Rhamondre Stevenson and Ja’Whaun Bentley.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet another Belichick draft pick lasting only a couple years on the roster.

Dude has only drafted like 3 good players since 2017 that are still on the team:  Deatrich Wise, Rhamondre Stevenson and Ja’Whaun Bentley.

Yikes lol.  The only suspense here is if the cheatriots drag their feet, does the league suspend him ?  

He won’t go to court for like 6 months 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Do the charges include the aggravating circumstances of Belichick being a scumbag? 

That is just implied at this point. To save on printing costs they no longer spell that out each time.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've never been hunting with someone who drives around with a loaded gun. We go to our location, get out of the vehicle and then load the guns.

What type of hunting are you doing where you drive around with loaded guns and jump out and start shooting?

Here in CT we hunt dear with our cars and trucks on the Merrit parkway.   No need to step out of your car at all.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Jesus... Fine 6th I guess... Sorry for my misunderstanding... Among the strictest in country... Sorry I said number 1... 
Maybe they have the harshest penalties I just know they are a tough state on guns
That list is bullsh*t. NY should be ahead of CT and MA should be ahead of them both. MA is brutal.
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

A gun with a loaded magazine without one in the chamber is a loaded gun.  If you have guns sitting in your safe in this condition the NRA is disappointed in you.  

If you are hunting the NRA wants you to drive around with your bolt action completely empty and then load it before every trip in and out of the vehicle.

I have been hunting with lots of people and have never seen anyone do it that way.  

Back to the topic - I think it’s bd for society to have a prison sentence for this man.  A warning and no charges are what should happen.  He should do better.  

wierd view.  so if it's just a warning, won't that mean everyone is going to try to bring a loaded weapon on a plane?

what if it's not caught at security.  

On 6/18/2023 at 10:29 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

What a dumb thing to have a mandatory minimum sentence about.   This seems like a lack a maturity but society doesn’t benefit by putting him in prison.  

what about his robbery with a gun 5 years ago.  that's okay as well?

the crime is also walking into a panda express.  who does that?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what about his robbery with a gun 5 years ago.  that's okay as well?

the crime is also walking into a panda express.  who does that?

Misdemeanor.  Not a scarlet letter.  He’s got a job now and seems to be doing generally well.

It’s better for us all if he keeps it turned around.  Send him to Prison for 2.5 years what’s the most likely end to this story? 

32 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

wierd view.  so if it's just a warning, won't that mean everyone is going to try to bring a loaded weapon on a plane?

what if it's not caught at security.  

Google it.  6542 guns were found at airports last year.  

8 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Misdemeanor.  Not a scarlet letter.  He’s got a job now and seems to be doing generally well.

It’s better for us all if he keeps it turned around.  Send him to Prison for 2.5 years what’s the most likely end to this story? 

he was lucky (in my opinion) that it got pled down to a misdemeanor.  and this was his second incident involving a gun.

he's got a job but apparently he's already mouthing off to his boss.  he was suspended by his employer less than a year into his career.

personally i think the end to this story doesn't change much.  given his track record i'd bet he's getting in trouble with the law after his football career is over.  

On 6/18/2023 at 7:33 AM, slimjasi said:

Wow 

how are these guys so dumb? 

Most people aren't too bright, and college doesn't change that. Here's an example below.

"My parents had helped me with undergrad. But then I went to grad school and racked up $70,000 in student loan debt in the worst economy in nearly a century to get a degree in human rights."

https://medium.com/equality-includes-you/im-not-ashamed-of-my-pointless-degree-or-student-loan-debt-663e9e4e1db6

On 6/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, Larz said:

Massachusetts law imposes a mandatory minimum sentence of 18 months in jail or prison for illegally carrying a firearm, even for a first offense.Jan 26, 2023

So there’s 2 more mandatory penalties for a total of 4

2x 1.5 = 3

2x 2.5 = 5

5+3 = 8

I don't disagree with what you're saying but, without looking it up, those are surely the mandatory penalties for a conviction

At this point he's been charged, not convicted. If they drop or otherwise decline to pursue these charges as part of a plea bargain, then it stands to reason these convictions - and the minimum jail time penalties along with them - never happen.

This isn't my thing, so I'm just spitballing here. I did watch a Holiday Inn Express commercial 15 years ago, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying but, without looking it up, those are surely the mandatory penalties for a conviction

At this point he's been charged, not convicted. If they drop or otherwise decline to pursue these charges as part of a plea bargain, then it stands to reason these convictions - and the minimum jail time penalties along with them - never happen.

This isn't my thing, so I'm just spitballing here. I did watch a Holiday Inn Express commercial 15 years ago, though. 

The prosecutor and judge could be cheaters season tickets holders but really it’s just a matter of time. He could beat ammo charges and maybe the airport charges but the other charges are very serious and the feeder clip law was recently passed. 
His timing is really bad too after Morant 

there is no intent or motivation issue, no witness credibility issues  it’s simple possession 

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

The prosecutor and judge could be cheaters season tickets holders but really it’s just a matter of time. He could beat ammo charges and maybe the airport charges but the other charges are very serious and the feeder clip law was recently passed. 

there is no intent or motivation issue, no witness credibility issues  it’s simple possession 

The prior gun arrest lead me to believe your second paragraph is wrong. 

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Hey this isn't me doubting he's 100% guilty; just that mandatory sentences are for those convicted of crimes, not those accused. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me right now he's accused not convicted, and until it's known that there's no plea down deal, that's all it is.

Deals are between his attorney & the prosecutor, though; I don't think the judge is really involved if both sides agree to a deal that keeps the case off his calendar.

But yeah, ask someone who knows better. I just pretend I know stuff. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

OK. So crimes involving guns committed by people with jobs should be punished by warnings because that is better for society?  What is the valid reason for carrying a loaded weapon on a plane?  I can't even bring a 4 oz tube of toothpaste in my carry on, but a loaded gun with illegal magazines get a no problem/oops I forgot/I didn't know excuse?

And variances in state gun control laws are a surprise to you and unnecessarily complicated and unfair.  What about all the other laws that vary by state ?  Abortion, privacy, discrimination, voting rights, etc?  No big deal there?

35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

OK. So crimes involving guns committed by people with jobs should be punished by warnings because that is better for society?  What is the valid reason for carrying a loaded weapon on a plane?  I can't even bring a 4 oz tube of toothpaste in my carry on, but a loaded gun with illegal magazines get a no problem/oops I forgot/I didn't know excuse?

And variances in state gun control laws are a surprise to you and unnecessarily complicated and unfair.  What about all the other laws that vary by state ?  Abortion, privacy, discrimination, voting rights, etc?  No big deal there?

You think 6542 people were trying to sneak guns on planes last year and they should all be in prison? 

You think 6542 people were trying to sneak guns on planes last year and they should all be in prison? 
I think there are plenty of gun laws on the books and the problem we have is enforcing them. I have my carry and conceal permit. I know the laws of the states I plan on visiting. It's too bad this idiot didn't. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. None. Zero.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

As compared to the hundreds of thousands of people in prison for drug use?  Or others there for petty crimes?   I would put those 6542 in prison in a heartbeat over many of the people in jail now.  I don't want to get political, but some crimes are victimless and some are not.  It's not hard to fathom that carrying a loaded gun on a plane is a crime, and ignorance is never an excuse for committing a crime.  

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I think there are plenty of gun laws on the books and the problem we have is enforcing them. I have my carry and conceal permit. I know the laws of the states I plan on visiting. It's too bad this idiot didn't. I have absolutely no sympathy for him. None. Zero.

After looking at everything I’m going to guess the magazine size is probably what got him arrested.  Maybe the misdemeanor history.

He shouldn’t have those magazines out and about let alone in a gun there.  He shouldn’t forget them in a bag (I’m guessing this is what happened - but it’s really dumb) and he shouldn’t take them to the airport.

Lots of stupid stuff.  I still think prison is too much.  I won’t be surprised if there is a plea deal.