Pats up and coming star CB in serious trouble!

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I carry a gun on my person daily fwiw.

And I’m sure you’re very responsible when doing so. Me? I’ve never even touched a real gun.

Don’t confuse me being skeptical of what the tweet said, or Larz saying “he’s toast” with me thinking this guy isn’t an idiot for doing what he did.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I knew you carried and had a copy of NRA rules under your pillow.  

what is your point? I'm saying it's irresponsible to carry loaded guns in a bag. It's basic gun safety you're taught early on when being introduced to firearms.

you seem to think it's fine for some reason. my opinion is that it's irresponsible and I'm not even talking about trying to board a plane. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

My patience for mouth breathers is running low. Can you read ?

Massachusetts Gun Laws prohibit the Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm or Feeding Device, and General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10(m) proscribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 2.5 years and up to 10 years in state prison.

Yes but thats only if he is convicted... The prosecutor can decide to drop certain charges and give him different charges... 

Money and political pressure is possible... That's why I am curious to see how Healey handles this. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And I’m sure you’re very responsible when doing so. Me? I’ve never even touched a real gun.

Don’t confuse me being skeptical of whatthat tweet said, or Larz saying “he’s toast” with me thinking this guy isn’t an idiot for doing what he did.

I don't know how mandatory minimum sentences work but the verbiage sure sounds like it is - I don't know - mandatory? If not maybe they need to work on that language?

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://gunsafetyrules.nra.org/

Blue Icon of an Unloaded Shotgun

ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use

If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.

derp GIF

Exactly this... safety 101... They should revoke his license to carry for this stupidity... 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I am pretty sure that QW was attempting to declare his firearm at the airport in NY when he got arrested.

90% of states allow you to do this.  NY isnt one of them...

I think the issue for Q is that he declared the gun, but had an Alabama permit.  He would have been fine with a NY permit.  He also had no ammunition with him.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know how mandatory minimum sentences work but the verbiage sure sounds like it is - I don't know - mandatory? If not maybe they need to work on that language?

Personally I think most laws could do without mandatory minimums.  But since they exist we know this guy is seeing jailtime.  Maybe some of the charges themselves get removed but he’s gotta be going to jail.  

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

what is your point? I'm saying it's irresponsible to carry loaded guns in a bag. It's basic gun safety you're taught early on when being introduced to firearms.

you seem to think it's fine for some reason. my opinion is that it's irresponsible and I'm not even talking about trying to board a plan. 

A gun with a loaded magazine without one in the chamber is a loaded gun.  If you have guns sitting in your safe in this condition the NRA is disappointed in you.  

If you are hunting the NRA wants you to drive around with your bolt action completely empty and then load it before every trip in and out of the vehicle.

I have been hunting with lots of people and have never seen anyone do it that way.  

Back to the topic - I think it’s bd for society to have a prison sentence for this man.  A warning and no charges are what should happen.  He should do better.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

In 2018, Jones was arrested at a Panda Express restaurant in Santa Paula, California, on charges of commercial burglary and conspiracy to commit a crime, both of which were initially felony charges. However, the charges were later reduced to a second-degree misdemeanor, and he served a 45-day house arrest sentence as part of a plea agreement.

ooopsie. There goes the first offense defense 

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

A gun with a loaded magazine without one in the chamber is a loaded gun.  If you have guns sitting in your safe in this condition the NRA is disappointed in you.  

If you are hunting the NRA wants you to drive around with your bolt action completely empty and then load it before every trip in and out of the vehicle.

I have been hunting with lots of people and have never seen anyone do it that way.  

I've never been hunting with someone who drives around with a loaded gun. We go to our location, get out of the vehicle and then load the guns.

What type of hunting are you doing where you drive around with loaded guns and jump out and start shooting?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

In 2018, Jones was arrested at a Panda Express restaurant in Santa Paula, California, on charges of commercial burglary and conspiracy to commit a crime, both of which were initially felony charges. However, the charges were later reduced to a second-degree misdemeanor, and he served a 45-day house arrest sentence as part of a plea agreement.

ooopsie. There goes the first offense defense 

Burglarizing a Panda Express 

wow 

S tier cornerback, trash tier criminal 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Personally I think most laws could do without mandatory minimums.  But since they exist we know this guy is seeing jailtime.  Maybe some of the charges themselves get removed but he’s gotta be going to jail.  

sure seems that way. @Reasonable Jets Fan made a good point that they could just charge him with something else, which would elude the mandatory minimum. 

• Upvote 1

Massachusetts law imposes a mandatory minimum sentence of 18 months in jail or prison for illegally carrying a firearm, even for a first offense.Jan 26, 2023

So there’s 2 more mandatory penalties for a total of 4

2x 1.5 = 3

2x 2.5 = 5

5+3 = 8

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've never been hunting with someone who drives around with a loaded gun. We go to our location, get out of the vehicle and then load the guns.

What type of hunting are you doing where you drive around with loaded guns and jump out and start shooting?

Oh man.  You should try out west once.  Arizona Colorado and Wyoming is where I’d go.  

Way lower density but public land as far as the eye can see.  In and out of the vehicle at least a few times a day.  You drive to different spots and glass.

• Upvote 1

Punishment for possessing a firearm in a secured area at an airport can carry up to a 2.5-year house correction sentence or a five-year state prison sentence, according to Massachusetts state law.

on it’s own as a first offense he could beat this. Given his history and circumstances they may tag on like 6 months for this but it could be up to 10 years with both counts 

4 hours ago, Larz said:

My patience for mouth breathers is running low. Can you read ?

Massachusetts Gun Laws prohibit the Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm or Feeding Device, and General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10(m) proscribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 2.5 years and up to 10 years in state prison.

This excludes NE Patriot players. Read the fine print. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I was going to post about two hours ago when he vanished from this thread that I could just imagine how @Larz would spend the rest of his day scouring for any pertinent “legalese” he could uncover regarding Massachusetts gun laws.

Tonight Show Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yes like laws pertain to ALL US citizens. I wonder if he had a camcorder in that bag with videotape of other team’s practices. Then he’d definitely be going to jail. 

Massachusetts law imposes a mandatory minimum sentence of 18 months in jail or prison for illegally carrying a firearm, even for a first offense.Jan 26, 2023

So there’s 2 more mandatory penalties for a total of 4

2x 1.5 = 3

2x 2.5 = 5

5+3 = 8

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

Under Massachusetts Law, possessing ammunition, if not licensed to do so is a criminal offense and, if found guilty of the crime, could result in up to 2 years in the house of correction along with fees ranging anywhere from 0-$500.00.

this is another charge he could beat but again more likely will get another 6 months, something like that. 

8 year’s mandatory plus another 20 discretionary sentence, this dude is cooked 

• More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This whole time we thought Hal is Zach’s Uncle. Turns out he’s Elmer Fudd. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I know a guy who gets a pocket knife confiscated at the airport every couple years.  Brings it by mistake.   He’s a great guy who does volunteer work nonstop or visits his grand kids.

After an athlete got busted at an airport I had a business dinner with maybe 8 people and 2 different guys at the table said they had almost  brought guns in by mistake.  They had been shooting and left pistols in the bags.  Throw MA magazine stuff and there you go. 

I could see giving a serious fine, but jail time, unless coupled with threatening behavior or a crime of some sort, seems extreme. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This whole time we thought Hal is Zach’s Uncle. Turns out he’s Elmer Fudd. 

I’ve killed a lot wascally wabbits in the desert - with rifles, pistols, shotguns, and bows.

I can skin and gut and remove the head of one with out getting bloody in about 30 seconds. And they are delicious in stew. 

Just now, BJG said:

I’ve killed a lot wascally wabbits in the desert - with rifles, pistols, shotguns, and bows.

I can skin and gut and remove the head of one with out getting bloody in about 30 seconds. And they are delicious in stew. 

Oops.  This isn’t Hal.  I promise.  

5 minutes ago, BJG said:

Disgusting!!  Morally abhorrent!!! 

Get your meat from the meat tree like you should.  

This is most definitely not me.   I judge this awful person as well.  Shameful.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Disgusting!!  Morally abhorrent!!! 

Get your meat from the meat tree like you should.  

This is most definitely not me.   I judge this awful person as well.  Shameful.  

What does hunting have to do with this? 

I hunted in the 80s and I’ve been to shooting ranges recently.  I’m a massive TV western fan. I have a PhD in Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Rifleman.  I have a Parker silver double barrel shotgun.  

I don’t understand how a moron bringing loaded handguns with highly illegal clips to an airport brings in hunting and morality questions?

You can open carry like Matt effing Dillon in Texas, but this idiot was in Massachusetts.  

I really don’t understand the confusion.  

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

What does hunting have to do with this? 

I hunted in the 80s and I’ve been to shooting ranges recently.  I’m a massive TV western fan. I have a PhD in Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Rifleman.  I have a Parker silver double barrel shotgun.  

I don’t understand how a moron bringing loaded handguns with highly illegal clips to an airport brings in hunting and morality questions?

You can open carry like Matt effing Dillon in Texas, but this idiot was in Massachusetts.  

I really don’t understand the confusion.  

Are you suggesting that a thread on JN wandered off topic?  That’s a serious and unusual situation that needs to be investigated.

1st off - I don’t consider myself to be a gun guy.  I don’t carry or currently live near places I’d hunt.

But they frame this dumb like they always do.  He probably is a gun guy and probably forgot the guns were in the bag.  They make it sound like this is an assault on an airport. 

Taking a gainfully employed taxpayer and putting him in prison for forgetting he had guns in his bag is insane.  He needs to do better but prison would be a huge disservice to him and to society.

• Upvote 1

Doesn’t matter what one’s beliefs are on the 2nd amendment or gun issues, I think we can all agree that this is really dumb.

A main responsibility of gun ownership is knowing where your weapons are at all times and ensuring they are secured. “I forgot they were in my bag” when you know you didn’t secure them at home before you left isn’t good enough.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Yes but thats only if he is convicted... The prosecutor can decide to drop certain charges and give him different charges... 

Money and political pressure is possible... That's why I am curious to see how Healey handles this. 

4 charges with mandatory sentences.  

edit to add Massachusetts has for profit prisons. Not sure where he might wind up but if you want to add outside influences to the discussion..   

• More Ugh 1

48 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Are you suggesting that a thread on JN wandered off topic?  That’s a serious and unusual situation that needs to be investigated.

1st off - I don’t consider myself to be a gun guy.  I don’t carry or currently live near places I’d hunt.

But they frame this dumb like they always do.  He probably is a gun guy and probably forgot the guns were in the bag.  They make it sound like this is an assault on an airport. 

Taking a gainfully employed taxpayer and putting him in prison for forgetting he had guns in his bag is insane.  He needs to do better but prison would be a huge disservice to him and to society.

Why are you rationalizing it ? 

My friend it was a carry on bag. No way he forgot he had 2 loaded guns in there. 

why is prison a disservice to society for someone who is charged with 10 counts?

I want you on my jury if I ever need one 😂