The Jets cuts and notable cuts thread

Larz

32 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The LB position is still pretty scary and is looking like the potential weak link.

Outside of an aged Mosley, what is there to work with?

Sherwood and Barnes have sucked.

Nasrildeen was cut.

So what's the answer?  Chaz Surratt?

I know this is a joke, but yes.  Chazz Surratt.  The guys is as good an athlete as anybody and they seem to love him.  Would that be so bad?  It's not like he doesn't have a pedigree.  You also left out Williams.  I agree Sherwood hasn't been super bad, but apparently his coverage grade was very poor.  Barnes is a 5th round rookie.  I didn't expect him to be great out of the box.  At least he physically looks like he belongs.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know this is a joke, but yes.  Chazz Surratt.  The guys is as good an athlete as anybody and they seem to love him.  Would that be so bad?  It's not like he doesn't have a pedigree.  You also left out Williams.  I agree Sherwood hasn't been super bad, but apparently his coverage grade was very poor.  Barnes is a 5th round rookie.  I didn't expect him to be great out of the box.  At least he physically looks like he belongs.

They run 4-2 so they only need 2 but those 2 better be able to cover and read a screen.

14 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

100% totally fair on the bold, but I'll freely admit I cannot help myself when seeing any prepping of excuses or scapegoat of choice if things go south.

In the end QB is really the big one of this all.  Rodgers's history undoubtedly says he can easily be the Jets best QB by an insanely wide margin, but whether that comes to fruition is the big question.

Perhaps this team has just burned me a few thousand too many times for me to give them any benefit of the doubt anymore lol.

Yep - I have been there so many times. I don't want to believe in the team. I refuse to be dragged in. And then, just as soon as I start to get hope - they crush me... I get not wanted to get sucked into the hype...

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

1. No way Zach can start another game in Meadowlands for at least....oh....ever after the way he was booed off the state.  1st mistake he makes, which every QB makes them, he will be crucified

2.  Saleh himself said that he didnt want to bring in any vet prior to that 1st season where they both started.  So we as fans suffered through that losing season...ok ...we got them pups some good experience...what did they do? replaced them all.

# 2 was odd, wasn’t it?

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The LB position is still pretty scary and is looking like the potential weak link.

Outside of an aged Mosley, what is there to work with?

Sherwood and Barnes have sucked.

Nasrildeen was cut.

So what's the answer?  Chaz Surratt?

Sherwood hasn’t sucked and Barnes is a 5th round pick who played better than I expected.  What’s the problem with Surrate, the coaching staff seems to be happy with his play.

Kind of reminds me of when we signed Kwon and most said he can’t play a full season and if he does it doesn’t change the facts that he sucks.  A year later most of the people wanted him resigned.  There’s a reason he wasn’t

• Upvote 1