The Jets cuts and notable cuts thread

Larz

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Amazing the usual suspects are already making excuses if the season turns south. 

No accountability 

What’s really amazing is the usual suspects bringing up what a failed season would mean and who should be fired.  
Already have decided if it will be Saleh or JD.  Chuck it all away.  Who gives a shlt that it becomes another rebuild 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

And his winning seasons show that.

Because little things like losing 3/5ths of his OL, his star running back his #2 WR etc. is his fault.  Before the injuries we were 7-3.  Thinking injuries might be related to the rest of the season

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Yep, and we were starting 0-8 last year with an injured Zach, weren't we?  You guys give way too much credit to other teams - Pats stink, Bills are taking a step back, Cowboys aren't that good. Eagles and Chiefs will be the toughest games. Otherwise I can't see those teams wanting to go up against our D, Chiefs included. When you have a defense like ours you don't go on big losing streaks unless our offense is inept or injured. I feel like we'll have a much tougher time with Philly (as we always do) than with the Chiefs at home. I think we win that game. I can see us going 4-2 to start or 3-3. No worse than that. It helps we are home against the Bills the first game.

Point was just that those first six games are going to be important. If the Jets are going to be competitive they need to at least go 3-3. I think you'd agree, if they're worse than that it's going to get look pretty ugly around here.

Right now if the spreads I'm seeing are accurate the Jets are projected to win three and lose three. One decent spread (favored by 5.5 against the Pats) and a bunch of toss ups - no more than two points either way. The schedule starts with a bunch of toss ups and should be viewed accordingly. We'll certainly know a lot more after the home opener.

Some give other teams too much credit, you're probably not giving them enough. The Bills took a step back last year but are positioned to take a step forward. They may, they may not - but I think they already took the step back and I'd be cautious about expecting another. The Pats stunk last year and swept the Jets. The Cowboys are similar in a lot of ways to the Jets - potentially have the best defense in the league, veteran QB who knows what he's doing, one high end receiver, explosive young RB. And I wouldn't overlook Mahomes, plus an offense that runs through the tight end is going to be a tougher matchup for this defense than one that runs through receivers. Definitely nice to get the Chiefs and Bills at home.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, derp said:

Point was just that those first six games are going to be important. If the Jets are going to be competitive they need to at least go 3-3. I think you'd agree, if they're worse than that it's going to get look pretty ugly around here.

Right now if the spreads I'm seeing are accurate the Jets are projected to win three and lose three. One decent spread (favored by 5.5 against the Pats) and a bunch of toss ups - no more than two points either way. The schedule starts with a bunch of toss ups and should be viewed accordingly. We'll certainly know a lot more after the home opener.

Some give other teams too much credit, you're probably not giving them enough. The Bills took a step back last year but are positioned to take a step forward. They may, they may not - but I think they already took the step back and I'd be cautious about expecting another. The Pats stunk last year and swept the Jets. The Cowboys are similar in a lot of ways to the Jets - potentially have the best defense in the league, veteran QB who knows what he's doing, one high end receiver, explosive young RB. And I wouldn't overlook Mahomes, plus an offense that runs through the tight end is going to be a tougher matchup for this defense than one that runs through receivers. Definitely nice to get the Chiefs and Bills at home.

They don’t have to go 3-3 in their first 6, 2-4 will set them up fine for the rest of their schedule.  Who really cares that some will make it ugly around here?  What relevance does it have to the rest of the year? 
The Bills are the Bills.  They’re the top team in the division and defending AFCE champs and still are until they’re not on top.  But they’re not unbeatable anymore.  Not seeing how they’re positioned to to take a step forward, at least nowhere near how we’re positioned too. We beat them a year ago with Zach why can’t we beat them with Rodgers? 
The Pats games with Rodgers and how this defense has come together we win both Pats games.  
Teams should be afraid of the Jets, we’re a tough opponent, not a walk over anymore

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

They don’t have to go 3-3 in their first 6, 2-4 will set them up fine for the rest of their schedule.  Who really cares that some will make it ugly around here?  What relevance does it have to the rest of the year? 
The Bills are the Bills.  They’re the top team in the division and defending AFCE leaders.  But they’re not unbeatable anymore.  Not seeing how positioned to to take a step forward, at least nowhere near how we’re positioned too. We beat them a year ago with Zach.  
The Pats games with Rodgers and how this defense has come together we win both Pats games.  

Yeah, that's what I said in the original post regarding going 2-4. The 3-3 comment was back at a poster who basically implied 3-3 was the floor and scoffed at the idea that people think the early schedule was hard.

Of course the Bills are beatable. They should beat the Pats. They'd better beat the Pats. They should've beat the Pats last year.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The Bills are the Bills.  They’re the top team in the division and defending AFCE leaders.  But they’re not unbeatable anymore.  Not seeing how positioned to to take a step forward, at least nowhere near how we’re positioned too. We beat them a year ago with Zach.  

If they lose to the Bills and Pats along with either the Chiefs or Bronco's they are in a big hole in the AFC.    They beat the Bills and Pats they could go 2 and 4 but that means two losses in the confrence which could be a problem later. 

The AFC is a dog fight.  Division and confrence losses are going to be painful.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

What, did @kevinc855 start an OnlyFans or something?

Why was I not informed?

It's not worth the $9.99 he charges. 

Trust me.

All I got was a bunch of videos of him slamming his weiner in a desk drawer while complaining about the lack of talent at our 6th WR spot.

There's better content out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If they lose to the Bills and Pats along with either the Chiefs or Bronco's they are in a big hole in the AFC.    They beat the Bills and Pats they could go 2 and 4 but that means two losses in the confrence which could be a problem later. 

The AFC is a dog fight.  Division and confrence losses are going to be painful.  

That’s well and good but we’re talking about teams like the Pats and Broncos, teams that should be scared of playing the Jets not the other way around.  With a QB we easily win both games last season and the Broncos looked like dig shlt this preseason as did Rus

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That’s well and good but we’re talking about teams like the Pats and Broncos, teams that should be scared of playing the Jets not the other way around.  With a QB we easily win both games last season and the Broncos looked like dig shlt this preseason as did Rus

If you think BB and Payton are afraid to play the Jets you're out of your mind.  They are going to work their asses off to figure out a way to do it.  We better do the same thing.  

You've been watching NFL football as long as I have.  You know games aren't won with platitudes and attitudes they are won on a couple of plays along with great preperation.  

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If you think BB and Payton are afraid to play the Jets you're out of your mind.  They are going to work their asses off to figure out a way to do it.  We better do the same thing.  

You've been watching NFL football as long as I have.  You know games aren't won with platitudes and attitudes they are won on a couple of plays along with great preperation.  

Plus, it helps to have an Ernie Adams. He’s the real GOAT.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

If BB and Payton aren’t afraid they’re stupid, but they’re not stupid.  We should have beaten the Pats 2xs last year and the Broncos have been a mess this preseason with Russ still struggling 

I’m not going on platitudes, I’m going on their rosters and I expect us to make more plays than both those teams.  I could be wrong but I can’t see losing to the Broncos or doing worse than 1-1 vs the Pats.  

• Upvote 1

Question….if a player is waived and then claimed by another team, does that player HAVE to report to said team?

I know it’s an automatic promotion to the active roster, pay increase, and a better chance to play…..but is a player able to say “thanks but no thanks, I’d rather stick with the team I spent training camp with and go on their practice squad?” 

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The LB position is still pretty scary and is looking like the potential weak link.

Outside of an aged Mosley, what is there to work with?

Sherwood and Barnes have sucked.

Nasrildeen was cut.

So what's the answer?  Chaz Surratt?

When had Sherwood sucked? He was great last year when he was on the field. Look at what the ravens do with their LBS. They GROOM guys to become starters. I know it’s a new idea around here. Have a guy sit for 2 years learning and growing then he’ll start and play well. This is what’s going on with Sherwood the coaches love him and he’ll be good 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

he got rid of Mims 1 season too late - it was reported someone wanted to trade for him last season.  JD held out for more and got a 7th rounder out of it

I tho getting rid of Pinnock was a mistake and have yet to see Adams play any better but I dont fault them for keeping Adams but rather they held onto Davis a higher pick that has yet to make any difference aside from STs

Nas was a 6th round pick who couldnt stay healthy and was getting abused at LOS

not following what Becton has to do with any of this really

I tho Bam outplayed MC this preseason and last season despite the fumble in pile when he was on the ground

On the whole, we’ll respectfully agree to disagree.

I do agree that letting go of Pinnock (a starter and special teamer for the Giants) was a mistake because they kept Davis instead, who is maybe a slightly better special teamer who will be gone no later than after this year (maybe earlier).  Pinnock would have at the very least been good safety depth & a special trainer for the next 2 years.  To me, that’s a mistake.

But on the whole, there is no overwhelming evidence that JD has been too stuck to his draft choices.  Many examples to the contrary.  

A couple more for you:

1. Zach got 2 years to start, not 3 like other young QBs.  We know that would have been career suicide but still .. ;)

2. JD replaced former starting draftees Bryce Hall and Brandin Echols (after 1 year of starting each) with Sauce Gardner & DJ Reed.  A GM who was stuck with his draftees would not have done this

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

On the whole, we’ll respectfully agree to disagree.

I do agree that letting go of Pinnock (a starter and special teamer for the Giants) was a mistake because they kept Davis instead, who is maybe a slightly better special teamer who will be gone no later than after this year (maybe earlier).  Pinnock would have at the very least been good safety depth & a special trainer for the next 2 years.  To me, that’s a mistake.

But on the whole, there is no overwhelming evidence that JD has been too stuck to his draft choices.  Many examples to the contrary.  

A couple more for you:

1. Zach got 2 years to start, not 3 like other young QBs.  We know that would have been career suicide but still .. ;)

2. JD replaced former starting draftees Bryce Hall and Brandin Echols (after 1 year of starting each) with Sauce Gardner & DJ Reed.  A GM who was stuck with his draftees would not have done this

1. No way Zach can start another game in Meadowlands for at least....oh....ever after the way he was booed off the state.  1st mistake he makes, which every QB makes them, he will be crucified

2.  Saleh himself said that he didnt want to bring in any vet prior to that 1st season where they both started.  So we as fans suffered through that losing season...ok ...we got them pups some good experience...what did they do? replaced them all.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The AFC is tough. I think making the playoffs should be the minimum expectation but with Buffalo, Cleveland, Jax, Cinci, Baltimore, Pitt someone’s going to be on the outside looking in. 

I’d add Miami and San Diego to that list. (I agree with the point you’re making here however)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh stop with the dramatics Karen. You m know what I mean

That this fan base has a nat for letting things go. We don’t know what winning is so we don’t expect excellence 

You’ve gotten 5 thumb downs and people laughing at the post.  
Don’t see them all as Karen’s 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think they let Pinnock go because liked Adams more

Agree with the rest of your post though