The Jets cuts and notable cuts thread

Larz

23 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Threw the veteran a bone so he could be sign with another team before the deluge.  I'm pretty sure anyone with 4+ years of NFL experience doesn't have to go through waivers and can sign anywhere they want immediately

Agree and I think you’ll see it happen all weekend especially as teams play their last game 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wonder if there’s some conversation in the building about cutting Adrian Amos to keep both Trey Dean and Ashtyn Davis. Amos got $1.75mm guaranteed, but I haven’t heard or read his name all camp. 

Last open practice the team started in a 3S look that included him, Adams, and Whitehead. I think he's safe

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Threw the veteran a bone so he could be sign with another team before the deluge.  I'm pretty sure anyone with 4+ years of NFL experience doesn't have to go through waivers and can sign anywhere they want immediately

Yes, I think a lot of teams will do that.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wonder if there’s some conversation in the building about cutting Adrian Amos to keep both Trey Dean and Ashtyn Davis. Amos got $1.75mm guaranteed, but I haven’t heard or read his name all camp. 

You must have gone blind last weekend, he played well

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

Joe Douglas should be pardoned, the Lance pick trumps the dismal Wilson's pick. 

Part of the reason the Lance pick was so bad was everything the 49ers gave up to move up to get him, and if they gave it up for 3 they certainly would've given it up for 2...

• Upvote 4