2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Gotta approach Mika gently about waiving his NMC, but if it upsets him so be it. He’s the most overrated, overpaid player on the team. He scores 4 points in one game then is a non factor for the next 5 games. He’s way too inconsistent to be the top C. He was bad all year and looked scared on the ice against Florida.

I know we are likely stuck with him, but he’s way too soft of a player to be a true 1C. Messed up big time with that contract

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Gotta approach Mika gently about waiving his NMC, but if it upsets him so be it. He’s the most overrated, overpaid player on the team. He scores 4 points in one game then is a non factor for the next 5 games. He’s way too inconsistent to be the top C. He was bad all year and looked scared on the ice against Florida.

I know we are likely stuck with him, but he’s way too soft of a player to be a true 1C. Messed up big time with that contract

Even though I'm sure they want to, I think they know better than to ask him.  They know he won't do it.

11 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Dolan is the least of the Rangers problems right now. He’s been a solid owner for the NYR, he doesn’t get in the way and he cuts the checks. What else can you ask for?

Agreed.  Dolan is just fine as NYR owner.  It seems like he meddles more in the Knicks and leaves the Rangers to the hockey guys.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2024 at 9:08 PM, Maynard13 said:

WAKE THE FCK UP. Who the FCK plays hockey in Florida!  Stupidest franchise idea ever. 

This year is the 5th year in a row that a Florida team is in the Stanley Cup.  lol

On 6/2/2024 at 10:21 AM, BradSmith16fan said:

Rangers 22 penalties, Panthers 18 during series. Florida had 5.06 per game during regular season, Rangers 3.70. During game 6, a lot of times I saw Rangers on the ground by Sergei without the puck, no calls. "Missed" tripping end of game 4, Reinhart knocks Trouba in face at end of game 4, no call. "Let them play", yet a bunch of softies in my opinion were called on Rangers during the series. Only one they got away with in game 6 was the  defenseman slash on Tkachuk. Not to mention game 5 when Mikkola ran Igor over and then they call offsetting penalties when could have been 5 on 3.

I'm a Ranger fan but to me that's a bit of sour grapes.  

On 6/1/2024 at 9:05 PM, Maynard13 said:

Zibanajad is a ghost. Panarin is a ghost. Kreider is playinmg like sheet.  Are these guys even on the ice?  They need to go all in, defenseman up high, and the fowards by the net. They must create opportunities around the net.  They cannot fall behind 2-0.  They have to change strategy against these guys.

On 6/1/2024 at 11:15 PM, Maynard13 said:

Dont agree. They just disappeared.  Just dont get it. Did the same thing the last number of times they've been in the playoffs with thier previous HC's.  Their 'leaders' just vanish and they totally depend on their goaltender. You cant win like that in the NHL. I dont care who your goaltender is.  They are not physical enough and dont have enough muscle.  They are a finess team and it just doesnt translate in the playoffs.  

The Panthers were the better team.  Barkov is an absolute beast.  The Rangers stars disappeared because Florida is incredible defensively.  It hurts to say but the better team won.

On 6/3/2024 at 12:46 AM, EM31 said:

The bottom line is that this team was out skated for much of the time in all three of our playoff series.  Yes even Washington.  Igor was great and against both Washington and Carolina we were able to snipe goals at important times.  This team as currently constructed is not going anywhere.  We need to remove Trouba who is a defensive liability.  One that we have been able to overcome most of the time but someone who has contributed to many of the  turnovers which have lead to Grade-A chances against us.

We need to figure out why such a large amount of the team's current salary cap is tied up in players who have either contributed nothing or almost nothing in three straight playoff runs.  Panarin, Zibanajad and yes, Kreider.  When you add Trouba into that mix those are four players with huge salary cap allocations who have not given us anything positive and in the case of Trouba, Panarin and Zibanajad who have actually been net negatives on the ice.

None of those four is going to magically get any younger or any better next year.

Kreider contributed nothing in this playoff run?  Not fair at all.

I'd love it if they can move on from Trouba.

Panarin is still a great regular season player but seems too small against the more physical teams. 

Zibanejad did not have a god playoffs.  He also doesn't score at 5v5.  His contract could looks like it's going to be a real problem.

Mika has 6 years left at 8.5 million per. I don't think that is movable

Kreider 3 years at 6.5 Million. Might be movable

Panarin 2 years at 11.6 million per year. Probably not movable 

Trouba 2 years at 8 Million per year. Maybe

Igor is talking about 13 million per for his next deal. Yikes

Drury is going to have do some creaative Sh!t to make this work

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Panthers were the better team.  Barkov is an absolute beast.  The Rangers stars disappeared because Florida is incredible defensively.  It hurts to say but the better team won.

I wouldn’t really argue that “the better team won”, but there is no way the Rangers played up to their ability in that series. It’s a trend we see every year in the playoffs with this group. Boston put up a bigger fight than the Rangers did.

20 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Trouba has to go, which sounds crazy for a team lacking physicality but he was a liability the entire post season. That’s where Drury needs to start  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Trouba has to go, which sounds crazy for a team lacking physicality but he was a liability the entire post season. That’s where Drury needs to start  

Well he was playing with a broken ankle so that might have something to do with his drop in play.

19 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Well he was playing with a broken ankle so that might have something to do with his drop in play.

Saw that. I can’t imagine Jones would have played worse than Trouba did though. He’s likely going to be a 3rd pairing anyway next year, hope we can find a way to dump him.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes the better team won but this isn’t new for some of these Rangers “stars”. They have repeatedly done this disappearing act and it’s why we end up getting bounced. You have to be able to play well against the best teams to win it all and unfortunately this group doesn’t seem to have that ability. 

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Need to find a way to win the Stanley Cup next year because that Igor contract is going to cripple us if Drury gives it to him. 

2 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers’ Jacob Trouba played entire playoffs on broken ankle

https://www.amny.com/sports/jacob-trouba-ankle-rangers-6-4-24/

GUTLESS!

Pretty sure he said his ankle was better by the time playoffs rolled around although he’d obviously still be in pain. Either way he was the biggest defensive liability on the team and him and Zibanejad are the two biggest reasons we aren’t playing for a Stanley Cup. 

8 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Yes the better team won but this isn’t new for some of these Rangers “stars”. They have repeatedly done this disappearing act and it’s why we end up getting bounced. You have to be able to play well against the best teams to win it all and unfortunately this group doesn’t seem to have that ability. 

They disappeared for a reason though.  Sasha Barkov didn't win the Selke by accident.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They disappeared for a reason though.  Sasha Barkov didn't win the Selke by accident.

What about dropping 4 straight to TB 2 years ago? Or that awesome effort we got in game 7 last year in NJ?

there is a trend with these guys, and they need to figure out what the issue is 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GangGreened said:

What about dropping 4 straight to TB 2 years ago? Or that awesome effort we got in game 7 last year in NJ?

there is a trend with these guys, and they need to figure out what the issue is 

I think that is it in a nutshell

2022 up 2-0 against Tampa Bay in the ECF lose the next 4

2023 2-0 up on the Devils. Lose in 7

2024. up 2-1 on Florida in the ECF. Lose in 6. 

It is pretty obvious that when space gets tight and the D locks down they have issues. They need to find a guy who can produce when that space gets tight. 

On 6/5/2024 at 7:43 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Barkov is very good. This though, is not the first time these Rangers have gone through stretches like they did against the Panthers. 

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry @Beerfish.  I'm still rooting for you guys but it doesn't look good now.  What an anti-climatic ending.  The Panthers are really good at squeezing the life out of games.

Panthers are good but the oilers went farther than they should with the worst goaltending in the league.  Skinner is atrocious.   But then again I knew this years ago.  He was disgusting awful in the playoffs last year and is worse this year.

The oilers management have always been 100% boneheads, they are wasting mcdavid and draisaitl becasue they refuse to address goaltending,  it is pathetic

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Panthers are good but the oilers went farther than they should with the worst goaltending in the league.  Skinner is atrocious.   But then again I knew this years ago.  He was disgusting awful l in the layoffs last year and is worse this year.

The oilers management have always been 100% boneheads, they are wasting mcdavid and draisial becasue tehy refuse to address goaltending  it is patheric

It might not be that easy to address it to the level they'd want to though.  The NJ Devils are in a similar situation right now.  Meanwhile, the Rangers have great goaltending but holes in the lineup.

• Upvote 2