2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Well I guess it had to end sooner or later. They looked sluggish allowing Columbus to get into their zone way too easy.

Trade deadline is going to be interesting. Need a RW to go with Mika and Kreider, Probably a 3rd line Center and maybe a defenseman.

• Upvote 1

Looking at a couple of former players and if we shouldn’t have let them go.

Both came up with Rangers.

Center- JT Miller Signed 7 yr  $56m contract in 2023. FA at 36 years old. Top 5 in points last few years.

Goalie- Alexander Georgiev 3 yr. 10.2 m contract in 2021 vs. Shesterkin signed   4 yr. $ 22.4 contract in 2021. 

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Center- JT Miller Signed 7 yr  $56m contract in 2023. FA at 36 years old. Top 5 in points last few years.

Goalie- Alexander Georgiev 3 yr. 10.2 m contract in 2021 vs. Shesterkin signed   4 yr. $ 22.4 contract in 2021. 

Igor is better than Georgiev.  Miller was an issue but it took him a very long time (5 or 6 years) and one additional team (the Lightning) to blossom into what he has become today for Vancouver.  

If you want to talk about really good players we traded away too early (or let walk) then Pavel Buchnevich beats both of those.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Igor is better than Georgiev.  Miller was an issue but it took him a very long time (5 or 6 years) and one additional team (the Lightning) to blossom into what he has become today for Vancouver.  

If you want to talk about really good players we traded away too early (or let walk) then Pavel Buchnevich beats both of those.

Igor definitely has a better GAA than Georgiev, but are the Rangers a better defensive team than Colorado.

Yes, Miller took awhile to develop as an all-around player, but he was always a fan & teammate favorite for his hustle.  Pavel also plays LW. Center has always been our shortcoming IMO.

image.thumb.png.225e2f39a146f24b3816865a25a9cee5.png

Miller

image.thumb.png.d344335a4bff7d38893676018e8db264.png

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Getting rid of Miller and Buch were both mistakes.

They could not keep Georgie as a back-up and Shesterkin was the obvious choice.

The cap hell they were/are in from bad contracts/buyouts has a lot to do with why Buch was traded, but the return was not good.

The return for the trade Miller was in was not good either and he should have never been included in that deal.

• Upvote 2

Ducks GM Pat Verbeek was there last night. Rangers have been linked to both Vatrano and Henrique. Media playing up Kaako, but if I’m DucksI I’d want someone a lot better than him. Guy is basically a 3-4 th line guy. As a Devils fan, Henrique would be a great fit. Reminds me of Lou getting Neil Brotten at the deadline in 1995. Same type of player. Is a good playoff player too, but I don’t have to tell you guys that.😎

• Ugh 1

So far, Rempe and Reaves haven't chatted. Reaves was just standing in front of the Leafs bench for a minute, taking a drink of water, but Rempe was busy warming up.

Panthers tonight.  They are currently the best team in the East in my opinion and one that is built to be playoff ready.

These two teams also happen to be #1 and #2 in the current ESPN NHL power rankings so a real clash of heavyweights and possible eastern conference finals playoff preview.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39625686/nhl-power-rankings-2023-2024-best-teams-standings-playoffs

Let's go skin a cat tonight.,

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see what the Rangers do at the deadline. Looks like they are looking for a RW to go with Zib and Kreider. Possibly a 3rd line center and maybe some defense

Heard alot about possibly bringing Vatrano back along with Henrique. I would like to see them maybe make a call to Minnesota and see what it would take get Zuccarello back. Looks like he has two more years left after this year at a little over 4 million. Wonder what it would take to bring him back and put him on the top line.

Ryan Reaves says he didn’t fall asleep till 6:30 am after fighting Matt Rempe. Figures he’s the longest opponent he’s ever fought. “He’s going to be a menace in this league.”

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, shawn306 said:

It will be interesting to see what the Rangers do at the deadline. Looks like they are looking for a RW to go with Zib and Kreider. Possibly a 3rd line center and maybe some defense

Heard alot about possibly bringing Vatrano back along with Henrique. I would like to see them maybe make a call to Minnesota and see what it would take get Zuccarello back. Looks like he has two more years left after this year at a little over 4 million. Wonder what it would take to bring him back and put him on the top line.

Zib and Kreider need to be broken up, I've seen more than enough of both of them no-showing. Zibanejad hasn't scored a 5v5 goal in forever.

22 minutes ago, hawk said:

Who was the last pure goal scorer for the Rangers?  That one guy that you just couldn't lose track of.

Reinhart, is absurd.

Maybe Gaborik

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, hawk said:

Who was the last pure goal scorer for the Rangers?  That one guy that you just couldn't lose track of.

Reinhart, is absurd.

Sam Reinhart was the sabers best player, and I told some buffalo fans that when they had him.

Jack Eichel has 19 goals.

Sam Reinhart has 44, lol.