2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

6 hours ago, TBJ said:

All that matters in the playoffs is who is better in a 7 game series.

True but right now I think we just reset some opinions with that win.  Need to back it up with a win in Tampa tomorrow.

The we have another back to back this weekend with two matinee games (yuck).  Saturday against the mailing-it-in Penguins and Sunday against the very desperate Islanders.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, EM31 said:

True but right now I think we just reset some opinions with that win.  Need to back it up with a win in Tampa tomorrow.

The we have another back to back this weekend with two matinee games (yuck).  Saturday against the mailing-it-in Penguins and Sunday against the very desperate Islanders.

Tampa is a tough game, they need to play at their best in that one.

We only lost one 2nd game of a back to back all season.

Islanders have been better lately under Roy, and they're always going to play us tough. After that Stadium Series Miracle, they definitely want revenge.

I hope they destroy the penguins.

13 hours ago, TBJ said:

Tampa is a tough game, they need to play at their best in that one.

We only lost one 2nd game of a back to back all season.

Islanders have been better lately under Roy, and they're always going to play us tough. After that Stadium Series Miracle, they definitely want revenge.

Two out of three would be a good result

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2024 at 10:48 PM, TBJ said:

Rangers win 7-4

Bread adds 2 (5 points, 500th assist)

Zib, Miller, and Krieder score

Quick with the win

Up by 6 points again, Canes play the Leafs tonight

Any time the Rangers beat the Fishsticks I'm a happy man. Hopefully Lindgren's injury isnt season ending.

That was the last of back to back games. It was also the last of Rempe's suspension. I can only see this team getting better. The President's Trophy would be nice but I'll take the #1 in the Eastern Conference.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Also, Rempe's suspension is over so he's free to smash another Devil in a few weeks 😅

The juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one.  Refs will be hyper-vigilant when it comes to Rempe for the next little while.  The Devils are a spent force and we have already shown that we can bully them if it ever got to a playoff situation so just let them stew in their own juices this year.  We have bigger fish to fry.

• Upvote 1

Next five is a murderer's row of opponents.  Well, maybe not the Flyers but the other four are tough. We will find out a lot about this team.

Tue, Mar 19 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $111 
Thu, Mar 21 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $85 
Sat, Mar 23 8:00 PM

espn-abc@2x.png
ESPN+.svg
Tickets as low as $147 
Tue, Mar 26 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $128 
Thu, Mar 28 9:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $52 
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, EM31 said:

Next five is a murderer's row of opponents.  Well, maybe not the Flyers but the other four are tough. We will find out a lot about this team.

Tue, Mar 19 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $111 
Thu, Mar 21 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $85 
Sat, Mar 23 8:00 PM

espn-abc@2x.png
ESPN+.svg
Tickets as low as $147 
Tue, Mar 26 7:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $128 
Thu, Mar 28 9:00 PM
NHLPP|ESPN+
Tickets as low as $52 

That is a really tough stretch with no Lindgren and Trouba.

I really like this team chances. The playoffs are a crap shoot but they can pretty much win a series against anybody.

• Upvote 3

The Ryan Lindgren injury doesn’t appear to be as bad as initially thought, per Mollie Walker. The Rangers defenseman will be out a few weeks, and he avoided the worst case scenario. A few weeks is somewhat vague, as that could mean 3 weeks or more, but I think it’s safe to assume that, assuming the Rangers continue to win, he will be out until the playoffs. Maybe the season finale.

https://blueseatblogs.com/2024/03/18/ryan-lindgren-out-brandon-scanlin/

• Upvote 1

Hellebuyck was great. His goaltending could be very dangerous in the playoffs. 

For the Rangers: Zibanejad needs to get going and now. That shot he took at the end of the game was egregious. It’s crunch time now and our 1C needs to lock in if we want to go all the way because I couldn’t care less about winning one, two or three rounds, I want all four. 

Overall a good performance with a couple of greasy ones and two empty netters.  I thought we we definitely the better team over the full three periods and Quick played very well in the first when it could have been more than a one goal deficit..  Season sweep against the Bruins.

Florida on Saturday night.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, EM31 said:

Overall a good performance with a couple of greasy ones and two empty netters.  I thought we we definitely the better team over the full three periods and Quick played very well in the first when it could have been more than a one goal deficit..  Season sweep against the Bruins.

Florida on Saturday night.

Big game tonight! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers win in a shootout

2 Bread, 1 Fox

Zib and Bread with shootout goals

Shesty with the win

98 points best in the league

Fell asleep with around 4 minutes to go from exhaustion. Down 3-2. Woke up this morning amazed by the sheer tenacity of this team.
Breadman has been on a tear the past week. 

• Upvote 2

Florida is going to be a major problem. They have become a very physical team and out of the Boston, Carolina, Florida group they scare me the most.

All i know is that I want to get the regular season over with. Let's get the playoffs rolling.

In a lengthy stretch of "identity" games given to us by the schedule maker, we have two more to go before we get into the final stretch run.

Tonight it is the Flyers who are desperately trying to hang onto the third seed in the Metro division and then on the road against Colorado to finish out this murderers row.  I am sure that Tortorella will have his team jacked up to play as he does every night.  The problem with his teams is that he has them playing at defcon-5  from training camp onwards and then once the playoffs roll around there is no other gear to go to.  Eventually after several years he loses the locker room and soon after that the trust of ownership.  But that is down the road for this Philly team.

We cannot let them out effort us tonight if we are serious about being one of the best teams in the  league.  Time for one of those lock down performances and then on to Colorado who may be the best team in the league (if it isn't Boston or Florida or us). 

image.png.68b00d5393aef70e17e86411b6edd763.png