2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

Rangers Acquire Alex Wennberg

New York Rangers President and General Manager Chris Drury announced today that the team has acquired forward Alex Wennberg from the Seattle Kraken in exchange for the Rangers’ own second-round selection in the 2024 NHL Draft and a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2025 NHL Draft (originally belonging to Dallas).

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-acquire-alex-wennberg

Panthers and Canes loading up.  Not sure that both of them didn't just overpay but let's see how well the new pieces are fitted into the existing teams.

We never really got Tarasenko to work here as a trade deadline addition.

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Guentzel to the 'Canes. I was really hoping we could land him. Now it's Vatrano or bust.

I'd rather get Buuch back than Vatrano.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, TBJ said:
I'd rather get Buuch back than Vatrano.

Rumor has it that he would cost even more than Vatrano.

He should, he's a much better player.

If I were a Ranger fan I would be livid if Drury can’t get a guy to play on your top line because he refused to trade Kaako. That’s just insanity,
If you were a Ranger fan you'd have meaningful hockey to watch this spring!
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
7 minutes ago, section314 said:
If I were a Ranger fan I would be livid if Drury can’t get a guy to play on your top line because he refused to trade Kaako. That’s just insanity,

If you were a Ranger fan you'd have meaningful hockey to watch this spring!

I’m a Panther fan. I’ll be watching a lot more of them than you will 😎

NY Rangers 2024 trade deadline summary

The trade deadline has come and gone for Chris Drury and the Rangers. In total, they made 3 trades at the NHL level and 1 at the AHL level. The Rangers 2024 trade deadline summary is one of low key moves. They didn’t make any big splashes, but they did address their needs.

Rangers 2024 trade deadline summary:

Rangers acquire center Alex Wennberg from Seattle for 2nd and 4th round picks.

Rangers acquire defenseman Chad Ruhwedel from Pittsburgh for a 4th round pick.

Rangers acquire forward Jack Roslovic from Columbus for a 4th round pick.

Rangers acquire AHL forward Nic Petan from Minnesota for Hartford forward Turner Elson.

The Rangers also returned Adam Edstrom and Matt Rempe to the AHL. This is likely a paper transaction for at least one of them, but we don’t necessarily know yet.

https://blueseatblogs.com/2024/03/08/rangers-2024-trade-deadline-summary/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, section314 said:

Cant trade a guy with a cool name like that Kappo Kaako.

• Haha 1

I am fine with not overpaying to swing for the fences this year.  To be honest and in years past, the big splashy deal has not really worked out (Tarasenko, Kane, Copp).

Yeah we caught lightning in a bottle with Vatrano that one year but mostly these deadline trades seem to fizzle.

This team will sink or swim depending on whether Mika and Kreider kick it into gear and earn their paychecks.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Mets/Jets…….Panthers?! 
Gordon Ramsay Wtf GIF by Hell's Kitchen

at least @Lith stayed within a 20 mile radius!

Was just a shot at the guy who responded to one of my posts. I am, and always will be a Devils fan. Had season tix from 1987-2004. This season for them has been very Jet like.😩

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

I am fine with not overpaying to swing for the fences this year.  To be honest and in years past, the big splashy deal has not really worked out (Tarasenko, Kane, Copp).

Yeah we caught lightning in a bottle with Vatrano that one year but mostly these deadline trades seem to fizzle.

This team will sink or swim depending on whether Mika and Kreider kick it into gear and earn their paychecks.

I'm glad Drury was able to make some moves that could be good for the team without having to sacrifice the future.

People are going to have to step up now that Trouba is out.

5 hours ago, TBJ said:

Rangers recall Matt Rempe; Adam Edstrom remains in Hartford

https://blueseatblogs.com/2024/03/08/rangers-recall-matt-rempe-edstrom/

Even aside from the fighting Rempe was making more plays on the ice than Edstrom so this move makes sense.  It is also good to know we have a physically imposing forward in Hartford who is not a liability on the ice.  One who can be called up if when someone gets injured.

Go log some extra ice minutes kid and be ready to go if and when the call comes next time around.

STL tonight after four days rest and now that the locker room knows who isn't being traded.  Gotta get serious about the stretch run starting now

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Even aside from the fighting Rempe was making more plays on the ice than Edstrom so this move makes sense.  It is also good to know we have a physically imposing forward in Hartford who is not a liability on the ice.  One who can be called up if when someone gets injured.

Go log some extra ice minutes kid and be ready to go if and when the call comes next time around.

STL tonight after four days rest and now that the locker room knows who isn't being traded.  Gotta get serious about the stretch run starting now

100% but Rempe does not have a guaranteed spot on this roster with the trade deadline additions.

He's going to have win that spot, tonight is a big game for him.

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

100% but Rempe does not have a guaranteed spot on this roster with the trade deadline additions.

He's going to have win that spot, tonight is a big game for him.

It may be a Jeremy Lin flash-in-the-pan type thing but he has generated a real buzz since he has been in the line up.  I think Laviolette needs to keep rolling him out there until or unless he turns into a liability.

The whole team plays bigger when he is in it and that has to be good once the level of physical play starts to ramp up here in the stretch run.

Was just a shot at the guy who responded to one of my posts. I am, and always will be a Devils fan. Had season tix from 1987-2004. This season for them has been very Jet like.
I too would pretend to be a Panthers fan if my team was the Devils.

New guys both played well.  Both of them.  Dominant win against a team that is down right now. You want to be ruthless in games like this and tonight was a very good start.

Screw you Carolina. It is still a four point lead

• Upvote 1