2023/2024 LETS GO RANGERS!!!

TBJ

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Ya totally clean hit.  He's a superb player.  Hope he sees tons of ice time in the playoffs lol

He just can't help himself. I think it's the color red that makes him mean. Like a bull.

25 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He just can't help himself. I think it's the color red that makes him mean. Like a bull.

Was watching the post game on MSG and they asked McDermitt about his first shift in period 1 when he was talking with Rempe before a faceoff. He said he bought up the cheap shot he gave Bastian the last time they played and said”let’s go” and he said  no. Then they asked him if he was frustrated after Rempe did it again and the refs jumped in and he said  he wished they would have let me “ teach him a lesson. When guys do what he did and get challenged for it, you have to answer the bell. He refuted and I’ve lost all respect for him.” Basically called him a pussy. This stuff gets around the league pretty quickly. Somebody on the Rangers better set this kid straight or he will have a very short NHL career.

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Was watching the post game on MSG and they asked McDermitt about his first shift in period 1 when he was talking with Rempe before a faceoff. He said he bought up the cheap shot he gave Bastian the last time they played and said”let’s go” and he said  no. Then they asked him if he was frustrated after Rempe did it again and the refs jumped in and he said  he wished they would have let me “ teach him a lesson. When guys do what he did and get challenged for it, you have to answer the bell. He refuted and I’ve lost all respect for him.” Basically called him a pussy. This stuff gets around the league pretty quickly. Somebody on the Rangers better set this kid straight or he will have a very short NHL career.

It does suck that Rempe didn't go with McDermitt. Maybe next time.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It does suck that Rempe didn't go with McDermitt. Maybe next time.

Shame on the officials. It was the same thing that happened to Bastian by the same guy. Bastian hadn’t played since. You have to let the players police themselves. They prohibited a guy from protecting his teammate which is why teams have tough guys.

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The score was not indicative of last night's game, the Rangers dominated and nj never really threatened until that goal at the end. Rempe owns the debbies. Onto the next.

To be fair, that was a really dirty hit and he needs to stop doing it before someone either cheap shots him or one of our other guys.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

To be fair, that was a really dirty hit and he needs to stop doing it before someone either cheap shots him or one of our other guys.

The Rangers have been the weak team getting pushed around for too long. Now we’re the bullies I’m not going to apologize for it. 

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

The Rangers have been the weak team getting pushed around for too long. Now we’re the bullies I’m not going to apologize for it. 

Bullies is fine. Cheap and dirty? No thanks.

21 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Bullies is fine. Cheap and dirty? No thanks.

He's facing a disciplinary hearing. Let's see if he gets suspended.

Rempe to have Player Safety hearing for actions in Rangers game

Forward facing discipline for elbowing Devils defenseman Siegenthaler

https://www.nhl.com/news/matt-rempe-to-have-hearing-for-elbowing-jonas-siegenthaler

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TBJ said:

He's facing a disciplinary hearing. Let's see if he gets suspended.

Rempe to have Player Safety hearing for actions in Rangers game

Forward facing discipline for elbowing Devils defenseman Siegenthaler

https://www.nhl.com/news/matt-rempe-to-have-hearing-for-elbowing-jonas-siegenthaler

Since it’s his 2 nd time doing the same thing he” ll probably get a minimum of 5 games.

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’ve been negative in the past but holy sh*t that was a great win. These guys might actually have what it takes. 

Carolina will be really tough. 

And you know when it comes to the big playoffs the Rangers never EVER make it easy.

• Upvote 3

I think that win probably made a bunch of the talking heads around the NHL sit up and take notice.  This Rangers team is better than most people thought and the standings may not be a fluke after all.  People have been more than ready to dismiss the standings as a result of our fast start, the Hurricanes getting out of the gate slowly, battling injuries and so on.

This was the game when the "better team" (the Hurricanes), well rested and playing at home against their big Division rival was supposed to dismiss the Rangers and move within two points of the Metropolitan division lead. 

That was the script.  Instead the Rangers went on the road in the 2nd game of a back to back and shut out Carolina in 1-0 game.  The Rangers now have a six point lead on Carolina and where both teams have just 17 games remaining.   Maybe it is time for the experts to rethink some of their basic assumptions. 

Florida is still out there and they are scary good but there is no other team in the East that I think may be better than us right now.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I think that win probably made a bunch of the talking heads around the NHL sit up and take notice.  This Rangers team is better than most people thought and the standings may not be a fluke after all.  People have been more than ready to dismiss the standings as a result of our fast start, the Hurricanes getting out of the gate slowly, battling injuries and so on.

This was the game when the "better team" (the Hurricanes), well rested and playing at home against their big Division rival was supposed to dismiss the Rangers and move within two points of the Metropolitan division lead. 

That was the script.  Instead the Rangers went on the road in the 2nd game of a back to back and shut out Carolina in 1-0 game.  The Rangers now have a six point lead on Carolina and where both teams have just 17 games remaining.   Maybe it is time for the experts to rethink some of their basic assumptions. 

Florida is still out there and they are scary good but there is no other team in the East that I think may be better than us right now.   

Florida is still better than us, they just beat us at the Garden pretty good but I do think we can hang with any of them.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Florida is still better than us, they just beat us at the Garden pretty good but I do think we can hang with any of them.

All that matters in the playoffs is who is better in a 7 game series.

• Upvote 2