Patriots sign Jones and Gramatica

Alk

Jets were courting Jones as well. I guess he wanted to go to a place where he could start. He wouldn't be starting here. Good pick up.

He won't be starting here either. He gives our special teams an immediate boost though.

Jones starting for anyone is a joke. Gramatica...eh! I suspect they'll sign some FA kickers from the CFL, College and Europe too. Let the competition begin!

Hey Garb, take a look at his kicks from 50+ yds. prior to his injury two seasons ago. Unbelievable.

With Tampa, right? Eh, I'm not excited. I think I would rather some bearded rebel from the white north - like Edmonton or something. My guess is that kicking a football in NE, in the snow, wind and bitter cold is hard ;)

His clutch ability in the playoffs is great too.

You guys were right, any "street" kicker can fill Vinitieri's shoes

This guy is pretty much a street kicker these days but IMO he's not the guy. They just have to make sure they have a kicker going into camp. Probably picked him up in hopes that he can maybe get his career back on track because for the first few seasons there weren't many that were better than him.

With Tampa, right? Eh, I'm not excited. I think I would rather some bearded rebel from the white north - like Edmonton or something. My guess is that kicking a football in NE, in the snow, wind and bitter cold is hard ;)

He played college ball at kansas st., he's kicekd in bad weather before.

LMAO.

Tell me agian how Adam V is no big loss.

When did the season start? I seem to have missed the games that we have lost already by less than a fg. You don't know any better than anyone else whether he was a big loss or not. It's wishful thinking is what it is. But it's okay to be scared.

When did the season start? I seem to have missed the games that we have lost already by less than a fg. You don't know any better than anyone else whether he was a big loss or not. It's wishful thinking is what it is. But it's okay to be scared.

Wishful thinking? LOL....Yes it is...On your part.

Wishful thinking? LOL....Yes it is...On your part.

Lets play a game. Make me a list of games that Vinatieri won for us last couple seasons. I kow you guys like living in the past with Martin and Pennington and all but it really is irrelevant what Vinatieri did for us 3 or 4 years ago.

Lets play a game. Make me a list of games that Vinatieri won for us last couple seasons. I kow you guys like living in the past with Martin and Pennington and all but it really is irrelevant what Vinatieri did for us 3 or 4 years ago.

Let's play another game-Name a kicker who will be counted on and will succeed in clutch kicks in playoffs and SB's as Vinitieri was.

There is always the chance that you are correct, SJ. If that is the case, man how grateful I am for being a fan of a team that was considered a dynatsy. I mean, what a great run they had - and it may not be over. Pray, PRAY that you can someday say the very same thing.

There is always the chance that you are correct, SJ. If that is the case, man how grateful I am for being a fan of a team that was considered a dynatsy. I mean, what a great run they had - and it may not be over. Pray, PRAY that you can someday say the very same thing.

truer words have never been spoken

i agree,,

but that doesnt change the fact its ending,,

Let's play another game-Name a kicker who will be counted on and will succeed in clutch kicks in playoffs and SB's as Vinitieri was.

Again, that was then. Did you see his kick in the Denver game? That was a clutch kick. We were still in that game. He completely shanked it. He's not the same kicker that we had 3 years ago. That's pretty obvious judging by the lack of interest he got in free agency.

Again, that was then. Did you see his kick in the Denver game? That was a clutch kick. We were still in that game. He completely shanked it. He's not the same kicker that we had 3 years ago. That's pretty obvious judging by the lack of interest he got in free agency.

You didn't answer my question-Obviously Viniatieri was a BIG part of teh Patriot SB runs.

Who will succeed as he did in those spots and step in those shoes?

You didn't answer my question-Obviously Viniatieri was a BIG part of teh Patriot SB runs.

I don't know who but like I have said many times, none of those kicks were anything special. Vinatieri isn't the only kicker that could have made those kicks, it just so happened that he was our kicker at the time. 45 yd. field goals in perfect conditions...that's what kickers are paid to do.

Dierk,

AV was 3-6 in the playoffs since 2003.

If he didn't miss those two first half chippy FG's against the Panthers, Brady could have taken a knee at the end of the game instead of frantically trying to get into FG range.

And what about his shanked FG against the Broncos last year when the Pats were right back in the ballgame.

Let's keep things in perspective.

Jones will make the roster as a special teamer.

He takes out too many of his own players to play on defense.:eek:

Gramatica won't survive the first roster cut.

agreed, belly will take what he learned from a division rival coach & draft one in the 2nd rd. gramatica is a smokescreen for draftday

:)

i agree,,

but that doesnt change the fact its ending,,

Why?

The AFC East would like that to be and all of the NFL would like that to happen, but this team is built for a long run. With Belichick calling the shots and sticking to his plan and Brady the QB, this team has two key components to winning a championship. Great QB and Coach.

Dillon and Troy Brown are the only players over 30 of the 27 currently on the roster for the offense. 23 of the 31 defensive players are under 30 to include everyone on the DL. They have 11 picks in the draft. Granted, they will probably trade some of those to future years or move up to select - so in all actuality another 5-8 rookie players have a chance to get in the "program."

As I said above and in the past, this team is being built for a nice long run like the 49ers had from 1981 until 1997ish. They might not win another title under Belichick and Brady, but I would be surprised if they don't. Very very surprised.

Why?

The AFC East would like that to be and all of the NFL would like that to happen, but this team is built for a long run. With Belichick calling the shots and sticking to his plan and Brady the QB, this team has two key components to winning a championship. Great QB and Coach.

Dillon and Troy Brown are the only players over 30 of the 27 currently on the roster for the offense. 23 of the 31 defensive players are under 30 to include everyone on the DL. They have 11 picks in the draft. Granted, they will probably trade some of those to future years or move up to select - so in all actuality another 5-8 rookie players have a chance to get in the "program."

As I said above and in the past, this team is being built for a nice long run like the 49ers had from 1981 until 1997ish. They might not win another title under Belichick and Brady, but I would be surprised if they don't. Very very surprised.

nah,,over,,they may win the east again this year but it will be close and they have no chance of advancing in playoffs

ya gotta admit southern, that was pretty funny

:)

actually i thought it was goofy,,

thats what we all do here in offseason,,predict records, super bowl contenders, draft picks,,

they just cant stand banter when it doesnt revolve around gobblin the last bit of spooge from a patriot loincloth

actually i thought it was goofy,,

thats what we all do here in offseason,,predict records, super bowl contenders, draft picks,,

they just cant stand banter when it doesnt revolve around gobblin the last bit of spooge from a patriot loincloth

ya gotta admit garb, that was pretty funny:)

Archived