Jets are 4 and 3 b#tches

Dunnie

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

And wait a minute, didn't you start a thread saying you were wrong about Zach Wilson at 5 and 2?  LOL, Which one was it, doom or feeling good?  :)

No that was after the Bills game, at 6-3.  I also thought Zach might have started to show signs of life after the KC game.  won't get duped again by "flashes".

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No that was after the Bills game, at 6-3.  I also thought Zach might have started to show signs of life after the KC game.  won't get duped again by "flashes".

Still kind of funny. You are saying the collapse at 5 and 2 was easy to see coming. But it doesn't look like you saw it if you were duped by the flashes two games later.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Still kind of funny. You are saying the collapse at 5 and 2 was easy to see coming. But it doesn't look like you saw it if you were duped by the flashes two games later.

1) And then what happened?  I was right the first time.  Just let emotion take the lead after beating the Bills.  It happens.

2) Learned my lesson from last year.  Unsustainable play is unsustainable and flashes are meaningless.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) And then what happened?  I was right the first time.  Just let emotion take the lead after beating the Bills.  It happens.

2) Learned my lesson from last year.  Unsustainable play is unsustainable and flashes are meaningless.

Yes, which means apparently it wasn't easy to see coming. :)

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

you also claimed that the only thing holding back the Jets was ZW, how did the Jets do the end of the season without ZW, with the playoffs on the line? Do you give yourself a demerit for being wrong on that, or only give yourself credit for something that turned out to be incorrect? Your claim was we can't keep winning with ZW being so bad, and everyone else on the team was responsible for the wins. Well, you were really wrong, so how do you grade yourself?

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

I know you're a big marathon runner, do you celebrate and brag about being in the middle of the pack half way through the race? 

Funny.

I don't brag about anything I do personally. Honestly I probably do, but as a rule I really try not to . We are just football fans though, so bragging after a win is perfectly acceptable.

It is okay to be happy and root for the Jets after all. :)

If I was on the team or affiliated with them? Hell no I wouldn't brag about being six and three because the job isn't done.

Lucky for us! We're just fans so we could brag away.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No sillier than when people were running victory laps at 5-2 last year with impending doom coming in the 2nd half that any reasonable person could see coming.  

Too bad its a 17-game season, not 7.

I can see it now:

HALF THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD:  "Jets are going to the AFC Championship!"

JETSFAN80:  "Zach still hasn't thrown three touchdowns in a game yet though."

• Upvote 1

4 and 3 is definitely nothing to brag about. But when you consider how this season started, I am happy they aren't 0 and 7.

With the crazy finishes they have had, 4 and 3 seems like a miracle. BUT -- they have to play better all around, especially the offense.

Getting to 5 and 3, then hopefully 6 and 3 would be huge. They have a ton to prove, Monday night will be a good next step hopefully.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

you also claimed that the only thing holding back the Jets was ZW, how did the Jets do the end of the season without ZW, with the playoffs on the line? Do you give yourself a demerit for being wrong on that, or only give yourself credit for something that turned out to be incorrect? Your claim was we can't keep winning with ZW being so bad, and everyone else on the team was responsible for the wins. Well, you were really wrong, so how do you grade yourself?

Careful, you are letting logic overtake your emotions here.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lets just focus on maybe hoping Zach doesn’t completely sh*t himself this week, eh?

I think that is what everyone has been saying all along dude, and if we win, who cares?  Baltimore fans didn't care that they didn't score offensive touchdowns for five straight weeks when they won.  They also didn't care that Trent Dilfer only threw one TD pass in the Super Bowl they won. 

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

ok sorry, 32, 32, 32, 32, zach fng sucks, sh*ts bed, sh*ts pants, sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks, 32, 32, 32, 32

better?

Nope....now you are sounding like the other half of the board...  :) 

P.S. I was actually agreeing with you!

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No sillier than when people were running victory laps at 5-2 last year with impending doom coming in the 2nd half that any reasonable person could see coming.  

Too bad its a 17-game season, not 7.

Wow   You were able to predict the injuries to Breece, AVT, Brown,o line,  and the WRs?

Thats very impressive.  

Can you predict something useful like the stock market or who is going to win the election?

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

Wow   You were able to predict the injuries to Breece, AVT, Brown,o line,  and the WRs?

Thats very impressive.  

Can you predict something useful like the stock market or who is going to win the election?

he cherry picks his predictions, his real prediction was that we will keep losing with zach and everyone else was so good that with any other qb we would be an elite team. He fails to mention how bad the offense was the last few games WITHOUT zach wilson, and how really, he was wrong

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think that is what everyone has been saying all along dude, and if we win, who cares?  Baltimore fans didn't care that they didn't score offensive touchdowns for five straight weeks when they won.  They also didn't care that Trent Dilfer only threw one TD pass in the Super Bowl they won. 

We won’t win, because of Zach.  That’s MY point.  Sh*t QB play catches up with you.

And a 2000 Ravens reference?  Really?   Dilfer threw 12 TDs in 8 starts (11 games) that year, back when DBs could still touch receivers.  Zach has gone multi-game stretches without throwing a TD.  Dilfer even had a 3-TD game that year, something Zach has never done.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

4 and 3 is definitely nothing to brag about. But when you consider how this season started, I am happy they aren't 0 and 7.

With the crazy finishes they have had, 4 and 3 seems like a miracle. BUT -- they have to play better all around, especially the offense.

Getting to 5 and 3, then hopefully 6 and 3 would be huge. They have a ton to prove, Monday night will be a good next step hopefully.

I still maintain it is all Saleh.  He allowed Zach to air it out once and he did so to great effect. But he has continued to reign him in from them. And yes it is Saleh not Hackett. It is widely reported that essentially Hackett and Zach had to beg to open it up. I am hoping that Saleh got the message this past Sunday.  You have to attack on offense. Stop trying to win 7-6. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JohnnyLV said:

I still maintain it is all Saleh.  He allowed Zach to air it out once and he did so to great effect. But he has continued to reign him in from them. And yes it is Saleh not Hackett. It is widely reported that essentially Hackett and Zach had to beg to open it up. I am hoping that Saleh got the message this past Sunday.  You have to attack on offense. Stop trying to win 7-6. 

Tv Land Teacher GIF by Teachers on TV Land

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Thats very impressive.  

If you haven’t noticed, the 2023 Jets have suffered quite a few injuries too. 

I didn’t predict any injuries last year or this year.  I predicted that our luck would run out due to unsustainable play.  

1 minute ago, JohnnyLV said:

He let him throw it against KC too because he knew he had to, and ZW performed pretty well, not great, but pretty well. When Saleh hamstrings him, his stats suck and everyone screams 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, sucks sucks 32.... 

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

He let him throw it against KC too because he knew he had to, and ZW performed pretty well, not great, but pretty well. When Saleh hamstrings him, his stats suck and everyone screams 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, sucks sucks 32.... 

If I were the Jets OC, I would put Zach into a combination of the Buffalo hurry up no huddle offense ran by Jim Kelly and the no hurry but no huddle offense Brady used where they lock teams into a certain defensive alignment and don't let them substitute.

Zach has shown over and over that he is quite proficient at the 2 minute drill and those philosophies should be extended to our base offense.

Saleh may think he needs to open it up against Herbert.

• Upvote 2