### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

This morning I was like, it’s almost like if I was coaching Zach I’d tell him if the first read isn’t open just try to run for positive yards.  Then I remembered that’s what LaFleur told him lol 

Lefleur isn't perfect in fact he's partially responsible for the draft pick in the first place 

But history will show him to be a better coach than Paul I mean Nathaniel Hackett 

The worst part of this is I have this feeling that none of it will get any better 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You won’t catch this cowboy sticking up for Joe Douglas anytime soon. Cimini has insisted that starting Zach Wilson is a Joe Douglas decree. That said, the big villain of the past three years is whoever it is actually putting their finger on the scale to keep rolling Zach out there. I find it hard to believe it’d be Saleh, who knows better. And it’d be weird if it was Douglas, because Zach is making everyone else on the roster look worse. That leaves Woody Johnson, who is a complete dumbass whose first and only priority is collecting checks. 

JD gets way too many benefit of the doubts for things that have happened repeatedly on his watch. Refusing to admit his failures is par for the course for him ever since he's gotten here, and in no way exclusive to Zach.

Plus, he went out of his way to have contracts structured that no one in the world would want this job but him next year, so he'd rather either have Wilson miraculously improve (never going to happen) so he can pat himself on the back, or let him be such an abysmal failure that JD can use that to point to why the Rodgers trade was so brilliant, even if it doesn't work out.

JD would never make a move like Dobbs because he fears how he'd look when another team's backup is better than both his #2 overall pick and big time trade. Most GMs, good or bad, would rather just improve the team when the opportunity arises. JD would seem to rather refuse any accountability.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Plus, he went out of his way to have contracts structured that no one in the world would want this job but him next year

This entire post is what poker players call a soul read on Joe Douglas but I'm using it bold feature because this is the objective truth 

Joe Douglas is amazing at keeping his job. That's his superpower job security 

And let's be real it's not like ownership has better ideas. Who knows who they would hire next? Does rich kotite have a son? Maybe he wants a go at running the offense 

This is like the 5th highest worth franchise in the league and like 30th in decision making 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

It's not that they haven't looked good.  It's the fact that they are not getting played (McDonald/Abanikanda), are a developmental prospect (Kuntz), or are injured (Warren/Converse).

I think it's more accurate to say Douglas had 1 admittedly great draft and the rest have been bad to mediocre and he no longer has the luxury of having tons of picks from selling off every player.

• Upvote 1

I was at the game so didn't get much feedback during or after game except from angry fans going home via NJT and LIRR. NJT is similar to Jets little offense very slow. Most of that fan feedback was anti Zach. One guy on NJT was so mad he talked to himself between cars for whole trip. I thought everything went wrong from the start run back for TD, turnovers. Jets D was great but Chargers recovered turnovers not Jets. Zach isn't a good game manager very little offensive production or points. Not just yesterday but all season. 8 sacks is over the top no prob if they start either Boyle or Siemien for me. Btw calls by Hackett weren't working running plays on most 1st downs after first down pass plays had worked recently.