### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I have NEVER liked Zach.  I am not sure why some of the posters here think I am pro Zach.

It is completely annoying to see every single thread hijacked by posters who have to constantly let us know it.  The point was we were at 4-3 and there was still hope to somehow keep us close enough that maybe Rodgers could come back.

We ALL know Zach sucks.  It is so clearly obvious that even his mother has to realize it by now.  But its time to talk about something else.  Like what do we do on offense.  This isn't completely on Zach.  This line again is down to 4th string players.  Another horrendous OC.  Not deep enough at WR. 

I love the defense, but when you have 9 pass rushers and 1 WR, it's time to balance the scales.  JD gets one more off-season because of the injury to Rodgers.  But he has to tell Saleh (if he's here), that he gets NOTHING on the D next year.  

A lot of us are here, but these guys need to feel like there are so many Zach guys they are fighting against, when in reality it’s just people who are just rooting for the team but also know he does indeed suck. Having actual conversations besides Zach sucks!! There are so many pro Zach people here so I need to keep bringing it up over and over and over again!!  Seems impossible. I just want the team to win and if he’s the qb then I’ll root for him because there’s nothing I can do about it 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

To expand on what Bart Scott said in the postgame show, a big part of this sh*t show is JD abdicating his responsibilities and filling the roster with Rodgers’ bffs, all of whom absolutely suck.  

That plus I have never seen a GM so horrifically awful about the sunk cost fallacy.  Total garbage players that continue to foster around this roster because he refuses to cut anyone he gave any substantial investment to, at best letting them take up a roster spot while not even playing just so he could try to pretend a victory when trading them for a conditional 7th years later that will never even be met.  Washed up has-beens filling out the roster year after year, especially on the OL.  After 5 years, the 2022 offseason is looking to be a complete outlier.

• Upvote 1

Well I had the Jets losing this one, but not quite like this. Wilson is part of the problem, but there are big cracks there that the defense tends to cover up. 

Next weeks game is going to be big. Raiders had a convincing win over the Giants. Lose that one and the season is over. All this talk of Rodgers coming back won’t mean a thing

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

0-39 at scoring TDs this season on drives starting in our own territory.

0-39.

Mike White haters…y’all feeling good right now?

Mike White would do NOTHING for us.  He would win us one game, and then get hurt.  He never was the answer.  A great story, but not the answer.  

I am a fan of JD.  He has improved every year with his drafts.  Found talent in the UDFA pool.  Has traded well.  But his 2nd overall pick of a QB could be his undoing.  I mean, I get it - The second-overall pick.  But when you see the 49ers actually spend multiple picks to move up for Trey Lance and then let him go for basically nothing, you have to understand that sometimes you make a bad pick.  It happens more often than not at the QB position.  

But there was an opportunity this year where you could have put the kid on the bench for the season.  There was enough money you could have gone out and got Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota.  Are you telling me Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy would be worse?  

I appreciate the talent JD has put together, but he has fumbled the ball on the QB position, and it could be his downfall.  I can forgive the Zach Wilson pick.  We needed a QB, and he was probably the best of the bunch.  We could have ran it back with Darnold, but new GM's want their own QB.  So, even though I didn't like the kid coming out, I can understand the pick.

But I can't understand why there has been literally no other option to back him up.  It was a recipe for disaster. 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

hahaha i actually thought about that when he got his 10000th yard

I know I rub people the wrong way sometimes but I just call em like i see em 

I also wanted Josh Allen the Sam Darnold year 

for those who care my message tonight is: Zach Wilson f--king ZucHs 

ill go to my grave wondering how this bum became the 2 overall pick in the NFL draft

Herbert was a 6. Zach was worth a 2?! it's mind boggling 

it literally boggles my mind 

everyone involved with that decision should have been fired 2 years ago 

Worse yet. How is this bum still throwing passes for this team 3 years later with no upgrade at the position? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Get a competent offensive coordinator 

At least one who doesn’t call a Run into the middle of the line Every 1st down.

There’s a reason Denver got blown out of close to Every game and rarely scored last year.  The answer is Hackett.

0-39 scoring TDs from drives starting in your own territory is probably statistically impossible to do with the Rules so bent to the Offense.  But Hackett has presided over that.  I don’t care how “bad” your players are.  They’re still on an NFL roster.

Also, whenever RB Michael Carter is in it’s ALWAYS a pass play haha.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

To expand on what Bart Scott said in the postgame show, a big part of this sh*t show is JD abdicating his responsibilities and filling the roster with Rodgers’ bffs, all of whom absolutely suck.  

To be honest, that smells a little like keeping the boss happy.  We get Rodgers, make him happy JD.  Go get all his friends.  

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Worse yet. How is this bum still throwing passes for this team 3 years later with no upgrade at the position? 

because the same people who made the Zach decision also made the Aaron decision 

and the Captain Morgan decision, the Tim Boyle decision etc 

I like Joe Douglas I think he's a decent dude on a personal level but he's QB blind 

and for a former Offensive lineman he's crap at scouting them too

those are two major flaws for a GM 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm trying to think of a game during the Gase era that would have rivaled what we just watched.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

sad fact Gase 7-9 season is still the high water mark of the Joe Douglas era 

there is no such thing as long term rebuilding in the NFL you only reload every year until everyone gets fired 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I like Joe Douglas I think he's a decent dude on a personal level but he's QB blind 

No idea why they took Wilson over Parsons or Sewell. And will never get it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

There was enough money you could have gone out and got Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota.  Are you telling me Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy would be worse?  

Still Josina Anderson’s pinned tweet. Not adding another QB is Woody’s call:

IMG_4541.jpeg

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

He took quite a few big hits. Could have lingering concussion like symptoms. 

Honestly surprised his agent and family let him keep going out there for this godforsaken franchise. If I was advising him, I’d tell him to shut it down and hit the portal in the offseason. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I used to be a JD guy but no longer. He has really sh*t the bed with his QB, OLine, and WR decisions. Horrible. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

Well I had the Jets losing this one, but not quite like this. Wilson is part of the problem, but there are big cracks there that the defense tends to cover up. 

Next weeks game is going to be big. Raiders had a convincing win over the Giants. Lose that one and the season is over. All this talk of Rodgers coming back won’t mean a thing

Rodgers really shouldn't come back this year anyway. The line is the worst in the league

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still Josina Anderson’s pinned tweet. Not adding another QB is Woody’s call:

IMG_4541.jpeg

HA

more proof we are dealing with complete hammer head, DOBBS ARRIVED IN MIN ON TUESDAY 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡’S