### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No idea why they took Wilson over Parsons or Sewell. And will never get it. 

theres like 2000 draft eligible guys in major college football every year

500 of those have a chance, 300 go to the combine and like 250 get drafted 

it's crazy that Joe Douglas and the Jets scouting dept looked at all those players even in a Covid year and said hey Zach Wilson is the second best

out of ALL THESE GUYS
he's the 2nd best?

I don't care who you are if you're 2 overall you should be like 6'5" 240 or run a 4.3 or do something special 

there's nothing special about Zach and that's the easiest thing to see. This is bigger than "I could do it better" I'm actually at the point where a 14 year old randomly selected by Jets social media could draft better. As long as that kid played Madden he'd be as good or better than Joe Douglas

i rant about the draft and Zach because there's no fixing the team at this point 

the moves to fix the Jets happen (or not) in March and April and May

if you're sitting in November wondering who can play QB or RG or RT you're screwed

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Good. Woody hates bad publicity and having a hall of game quarterback rip your team to shreds on national television is as bad as the publicity can get for football reasons.

I mean he wasn't even being subtle. Troy and that dick announcer were saying" Hey lets have some fun". On SNY they said, 'you just don't see this type of play in the NFL.; Yet Saleh, in the presser says, Zach is still the starter. As much as the defense is playing lights out, a football team is 3 fold - offense defense specials. With all his defensive wizardry, not even Rex was safe.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I used to be a JD guy but no longer. He has really sh*t the bed with his QB, OLine, and WR decisions. Horrible. 

the decision to throw all the money in the world at 39 year old aaron rodgers wasn't exactly 4d chess either

no one else wanted him and they were bidding against themselves

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

sad fact Gase 7-9 season is still the high water mark of the Joe Douglas era 

there is no such thing as long term rebuilding in the NFL you only reload every year until everyone gets fired 

Even that was with the team he inherited.  At this point, JD's track record on team building is like when people were talking about how the Browns were rebuilding the "right way" before putting out 1-15 and 0-16 seasons.

The whole roster is his now, and at least on offense it's a steaming pile of dog turds.  JD even tried to go all in on a "win now" solution to save his ass this year and yet screwed that up.  Even Maccagnan's dumb ass was able to pull that much off for one year.  If JD manages to keep his job it will solely be because he essentially knowingly put the team into a hostage situation with everything surrounding the AR deal.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's crazy that Joe Douglas and the Jets scouting dept looked at all those players even in a Covid year and said hey Zach Wilson is the second best

out of ALL THESE GUYS
he's the 2nd best?

I don't care who you are if you're 2 overall you should be like 6'5" 240 or run a 4.3 or do something special 

there's nothing special about Zach and that's the easiest thing to see. This is bigger than "I could do it better" I'm actually at the point where a 14 year old randomly selected by Jets social media could draft better. As long as that kid played Madden he'd be as good or better than Joe Douglas

i rant about the draft and Zach because there's no fixing the team at this point 

if you're sitting in November wondering who can play QB or RG or RT you're screwed

Those 2 guys as college player physically jumped off the page. No brainers; figure out if a OT or an edge are what you want. No wrong answer. And you bumble along with Darnold or sign a free agent or pick a guy later in the draft. But the worst thing is to waste the 2nd pick of the draft on a total nonhacker. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Even that was with the team he inherited.  At this point, JD's track record on team building is like when people were talking about how the Browns were rebuilding the "right way" before putting out 1-15 and 0-16 seasons.

The whole roster is his now, and at least on offense it's a steaming pile of dog turds.  JD even tried to go all in on a "win now" solution to save his ass this year and yet screwed that up.  Even Maccagnan's dumb ass was able to pull that much off for one year.  If JD manages to keep his job it will solely be because he essentially knowingly put the team into a hostage situation with everything surrounding the AR deal.

even Joe Douglas's very good decisions can be questioned

for example drafting Sauce top 5 for Saleh to park his ass in Zone 

it's like... Ok. 

don't get me wrong Sauce is the man and all but he doesn't move the needle unless everything else is perfect - all a smart QB has to do is find him and not throw that way 

ya know who throws at Sauce? QBs like Zach. In the playoffs or against good QBs he's not a factor 

I wanted Icky that year and I know Ikem Okwonu isn't as good a player as Sauce but the tackles affect the QB who affects everything 

Icky and Becton that's the foundation of a decent running game maybe 

for all Sauce's greatness they got their ass reamed 27-6 tonight and he's a non factor

that's the curse of being an amazing CB they can just gameplan around you 

and if Saleh isn't going to use him in bump and run - well anyone can do that job. 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

out of ALL THESE GUYS
he's the 2nd best?

Sewell was my choice, but then idiot that I am I thought job 1 was building an O line before you draft a franchise QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

Love that every one of these reasons is total bullsh*t. Josh Dobbs is making $1.5mm this season, Minnesota got him for next to nothing, and he led a game winning TD drive with basically zero advance prep. The Jets are just fundamentally an unserious organization

100%. My conspiracy addled brain has led me to think that Josina is keeping that as her pinned tweet as a quid pro quo to someone inside the Jets org who wants the world to know that Woody is the engine there. That said, we’ve heard before that the Jets are “cash poor,” which Douglas was asked about a few years back and denied. Simplest explanation: Woody and his kid have a personal fondness for Zach and he’s using the power of the purse to make sure he remains the starter until Rodgers deigns to return

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Love that every one of these reasons is total bullsh*t. Josh Dobbs is making $1.5mm this season, Minnesota got him for next to nothing, and he led a game winning TD drive with basically zero advance prep. The Jets are just fundamentally an unserious organization

Josh Dobbs is the biggest checkmate I’ve seen for this regime. Other teams are trotting out dudes they got off the street for free and winning and the Jets brass is trying to convince themselves that Vanilla Jamarcus is gonna turn it around in year three. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

100%. My conspiracy addled brain has led me to think that Josina is keeping that as her pinned tweet as a quid pro quo to someone inside the Jets org who wants the world to know that Woody is the engine there. That said, we’ve heard before that the Jets are “cash poor,” which Douglas was asked about a few years back and denied. Simplest explanation: Woody and his kid have a personal fondness for Zach and he’s using the power of the purse to make sure he remains the starter until Rodgers deigns to return

The "Woody is a bad owner" theory gets no play because Jets fans know deep down that's the one problem that can't be fixed 

Sad Arrested Development GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Josh Dobbs is the biggest checkmate I’ve seen for this regime. Other teams are trotting out dudes they got off the street for free and winning and the Jets brass is trying to convince themselves that Vanilla Jamarcus is gonna turn it around in year three. 

It’s crazy that our insane drunk asses can see this but the GM HC totally clueless. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ausman said:

Watch the tape.  He got best continuously.  If there were 8 sacks, 7 of them were on him and by different rushers.

besides Zach, the other really bad players on this team are all aaron rodgers' buddies from back when he was good

Billy Turner

Allan Lazard

Randall Cobb

Dalvin Cook 

Tim Boyle

Adrian Amos  etc

These guys are pretty much useless at this point 

• Upvote 2