### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, oatmeal said:

Lazard another one st8 dog water and he’s stealing money, big for nothing doofy clown with bricks for hands 

we could make a 1000 page thread about who was a worse signing Cobb or Lazard? 

it's one of those unanswerable questions 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100%. My conspiracy addled brain has led me to think that Josina is keeping that as her pinned tweet as a quid pro quo to someone inside the Jets org who wants the world to know that Woody is the engine there. That said, we’ve heard before that the Jets are “cash poor,” which Douglas was asked about a few years back and denied. Simplest explanation: Woody and his kid have a personal fondness for Zach and he’s using the power of the purse to make sure he remains the starter until Rodgers deigns to return

I disagree. They have to hate him with a level of hate that is unprecedented. No one who is fond of him would keep putting him out there and making him the biggest joke at QB that we've seen since like Jamarcus Russell. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I disagree. They have to hate him with a level of hate that is unprecedented. No one who is fond of him would keep putting him out there and making him the biggest joke at QB that we've seen since like Jamarcus Russell. 

Woody and the Wilson’s are gonna start a new budget airline called JetBlow

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Guys at this point I’m hoping for a Raiders a** whopping on Sunday night, embarrassment is the only thing that moves woody. 

I feel like Rodgers and Co. will gaslight his slow a** into another season, we need a fresh reset while we still have this decent core intact  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Guys at this point I’m hoping for a Raiders a** whopping on Sunday night, embarrassment is the only thing that moves woody. 

I feel like Rodgers and Co. will gaslight his slow a** into another season, we need a fresh reset while we still have this decent core intact  

I might be missing it, but how could they get out of Rodgers next season? Retirement?

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I might be missing it, but how could they get out of Rodgers next season? Retirement?

No unfortunately we can’t and Rodgers is probably a bigger issue than Douglas and Co right now. Idk it’s like I said before it feels like we singed a deal with the devil in a way.

This would be the perfect opportunity to reset with a young decent core and a healthy QB class. ☹️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Pierce already exposing how stupid Josh McDaniels was.  I almost feel sorry for Zach

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Watching Brandon Staley gleefully break down the locker room after a three touchdown road win is just next level 

Chargers did almost nothing tonight. There's no secret that when you play the Jets; keep your mistakes to a minimum, put tons of pressure on Wilson and watch him make major mistakes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

hahaha i actually thought about that when he got his 10000th yard

I know I rub people the wrong way sometimes but I just call em like i see em 

I also wanted Josh Allen the Sam Darnold year 

despite his uncomfortable tweets

for those who care my message tonight is: Zach Wilson f--king ZucHs 

the QB 1 should be a stud someone with world class physical gifts  

ill go to my grave wondering how this bum became the 2 overall pick in the NFL draft

Herbert was a 6. Zach was worth a 2?! it's mind boggling 

it literally boggles my mind 

everyone involved with that decision should have been fired 2 years ago 

Mostly a good post here but I have to take some issue with "the QB 1 should be a stud someone with world class physical gifts".  Were Tom Brady and Joe Montana guys with "world class physical gifts"?  Plus ZW has an outstanding arm, is a very good runner and is also fairly stocky and can take hits.  Wouldn't that qualify as being "toolsy"?

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

theres like 2000 draft eligible guys in major college football every year

500 of those have a chance, 300 go to the combine and like 250 get drafted 

it's crazy that Joe Douglas and the Jets scouting dept looked at all those players even in a Covid year and said hey Zach Wilson is the second best

out of ALL THESE GUYS
he's the 2nd best?

I don't care who you are if you're 2 overall you should be like 6'5" 240 or run a 4.3 or do something special 

there's nothing special about Zach and that's the easiest thing to see. This is bigger than "I could do it better" I'm actually at the point where a 14 year old randomly selected by Jets social media could draft better. As long as that kid played Madden he'd be as good or better than Joe Douglas

i rant about the draft and Zach because there's no fixing the team at this point 

the moves to fix the Jets happen (or not) in March and April and May

if you're sitting in November wondering who can play QB or RG or RT you're screwed

I am not defending the Zach pick.  But you just get silly Bit, especially with the highlighted point.

It is one of the GM philosophy's I will never understand.  New GM's tie themselves to a QB.  Every new GM does it, unless they come into a situation with a Mahomes.  And it makes no sense unless you are drafting in a good QB year.  IMO, you are better to keep using your high draft picks to build a fantastic team, then get your QB.  But GM's don't get the time they should get to build a team properly, so I am sure that is part of the philosophy.  

Outside of Trevor Lawrence, 2021 was a historically bad year for QB's.  

All that aside.  You can't rip JD for the pick of Wilson (which is deserved) and then look at how well he has drafted the past two years, including some of the finds in the UDFA such as Huff and Parks.  

JD will probably not get to see this team play meaningful games, but he will have set it up for the next GM, IF that GM can do something about the never-ending circus the QB position has been for this franchise in the past 40 years. 

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This last draft has not looked good so far so I'm failing to see how he has improved every draft.

It's not that they haven't looked good.  It's the fact that they are not getting played (McDonald/Abanikanda), are a developmental prospect (Kuntz), or are injured (Warren/Converse).

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mostly a good post here but I have to take some issue with "the QB 1 should be a stud someone with world class physical gifts".  Were Tom Brady and Joe Montana guys with "world class physical gifts"?  Plus ZW has an outstanding arm, is a very good runner and is also fairly stocky and can take hits.  Wouldn't that qualify as being "toolsy"?

ZW has a decent arm but no other traits 

He's sorta fast but not durable 

Million dollar arm ten cent head 

I get what you're saying about Brady and Montana but Zach was a top 3 pick not a 6th rounder 

Honestly I has Zach as a third that year maybe a second if you squint 

To take this guy that high was gross negligence and a fireable offense 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair to a point. But also recalls 2 guys who despite low draft status willed themselves through hard work to become Hall of Famers. Wilson is nothing like that; has this privileged draft status and rather than excel, has completely crapped the bed week after week. There's no progress; can't read a defense to save his life, leaves open receivers all over the field, holds the ball to Ken O'Brien type FOREVER, doesn't sense the rush except to  do the Madden panic running backward thing. The whole offense is basically working around the shiite  of a guy who was the #2 in his draft year. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The answer?  Hell even I wasn't saying he's the ANSWER.  He's competent, and competent >>> horrific.

This team with minimal production and average level of "not f___ing things up" is challenging for the AFC East. It's a colossal missed opportunity; 2 great skill players and a great defense that is gonna be wasted to indulge this idiocy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I get what you're saying about Brady and Montana but Zach was a top 3 pick not a 6th rounder 

Decent arm?  I think he's got a rocket arm. 

As far as durability, I feel like Zach has taken some real hits this year and played right though it.  I know he got hurt without getting touched last year (maybe Metlife turf?) but I'm starting to think he is a pretty durable/tough QB.  

I think it's certainly reasonable to ask if he has a "ten cent head" after what we saw those first 2 years.  But I still do feel like he's a different QB this year than he was those first 2 years.  I know that's the lowest of low bars but I'm actually impressed at how much negativity he's dealt with without losing his confidence.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Decent arm?  I think he's got a rocket arm. 

As far as durability, I feel like Zach has taken some real hits this year and played right though it.  I know he got hurt without getting touched last year (maybe Metlife turf?) but I'm starting to think he is a pretty durable/tough QB.  

I think it's certainly reasonable to ask if he has a "ten cent head" after what we saw those first 2 years.  But I still do feel like he's a different QB this year than he was those first 2 years.  I know that's the lowest of low bars but I'm actually impressed at how much negativity he's dealt with without losing his confidence.

Zach wilson has a legitimate adhd diagnosis and the league gives him an exception for his pills 

The problem here is that pills don't make severely adhd people make decisions in 2.5 seconds 

He's a fatally flawed pick and they can give him ten years he's never going to be making reads at an NFL level 

At this point I'm sorry for him. He shouldn't be out there 

10 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Or maybe it's time to stop with the great fairytales needed to continue on with JD excuses.  These are the decisions of a guy who's been a bottom five GM in 4 of his 5 years with the team.  He's repeatedly proven to be wildly stubborn about "his guys" and frequently keeps proven failures on the roster because of his refusal to admit fault.  Wilson is not some strange outlier, he's consistent with why many of the highest paid guys on the team are also some of their weakest players/positions, and yet stick around for years.

It's why their illustrious OL has featured washed up hacks like Kalil, Brown, and Tomlinson throughout his time here.  Same goes for skill position relics like Cook and Cobb.  Or why a high pick like Mims spent years on a team that didn't even want him, to take up a roster spot and pay millions just so JD could pretend it wasn't a failure when patting himself on the back for a conditional 7th they'll never see for a guy who was out of the league 15 seconds later.  Or why he's constantly refused insurance or depth on his high-investment positions like QB, OL, and WR, regardless of how many times it has burned him.

Meanwhile, 5 years later and the only guy actually worthy of a payday during this stretch was a pick by Maccagnan, whom he's been little more than a balder version of at this point.

You won’t catch this cowboy sticking up for Joe Douglas anytime soon. Cimini has insisted that starting Zach Wilson is a Joe Douglas decree. That said, the big villain of the past three years is whoever it is actually putting their finger on the scale to keep rolling Zach out there. I find it hard to believe it’d be Saleh, who knows better. And it’d be weird if it was Douglas, because Zach is making everyone else on the roster look worse. That leaves Woody Johnson, who is a complete dumbass whose first and only priority is collecting checks. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This morning I was like, it’s almost like if I was coaching Zach I’d tell him if the first read isn’t open just try to run for positive yards.  Then I remembered that’s what LaFleur told him lol 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You won’t catch this cowboy sticking up for Joe Douglas anytime soon. Cimini has insisted that starting Zach Wilson is a Joe Douglas decree. That said, the big villain of the past three years is whoever it is actually putting their finger on the scale to keep rolling Zach out there. I find it hard to believe it’d be Saleh, who knows better. And it’d be weird if it was Douglas, because Zach is making everyone else on the roster look worse. That leaves Woody Johnson, who is a complete dumbass whose first and only priority is collecting checks. 

It's called a collaborative effort okay? 

I don't know why they're so obsessed with sticking with him. Woody doesn't give AF. 

It's probably just dumb decisions and egos of the coaches thinking - "We just gotta clean these few things up and stop shooting ourselves in the foot and this thing will take off. We don't need a new QB, we just need to execute!" 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I doubt it's changed much since he famously made this statement

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 10.47.07 AM.jpeg