### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Rodgers is the only chance Jets have to be relevant but he’s also the same guy holding us back. Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Billy Turner - these guys can’t play and should be gone/never have signed but because of him we can’t/won’t move on. 

we are just subject to this horrific offense for the rest of the season 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Rodgers is the only chance Jets have to be relevant but he’s also the same guy holding us back. Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, Billy Turner - these guys can’t play and should be gone/never have signed but because of him we can’t/won’t move on. 

we are just subject to this horrific offense for the rest of the season 

Bro no lie this that same crap he tired to pull on GB but they laughed at him, JD he spread his crack WIDE OPEN 🙄

Just now, jets4life1 said:

Q WIlliams with another no show tonight. Half a sack on the year and making $20 MILLION a season. I may start calling him Wilkerson.

NO

Q IS A DT THAT GETS LITERALLY DOUBLED OR TRIPLED EVEY SNAP AND THE REASON DUDES ON THE OUTSIDE ARE EATING! 

DONT SLANDER OUR BEST PLAYER!!!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100%. My conspiracy addled brain has led me to think that Josina is keeping that as her pinned tweet as a quid pro quo to someone inside the Jets org who wants the world to know that Woody is the engine there. That said, we’ve heard before that the Jets are “cash poor,” which Douglas was asked about a few years back and denied. Simplest explanation: Woody and his kid have a personal fondness for Zach and he’s using the power of the purse to make sure he remains the starter until Rodgers deigns to return

It's the ONLY thing that makes any sense at all. You know when it became clear about who is really calling the shots with this team? I was watching Aaron Rodgers on MacAfee and he said that Woody was going to make them come to FP after the win at the bye but HE said that he was the one who talked Johnson out of it. You don't leave a player out there who can't score a TD-you just don't and the whole world sees it but Saleh is NOT ALLOWED to do anything but that which Woody Johnson says for him to do especially when it comes to Zach Wilson. These Republicans stick together and apparently Johnson learned a little bit from Trump during his tenure as his crony.

At this point the only thing that will get Wilson off the field is an injury-other than that. don't bother watching guys because you can not win a division or even a playoff slot with no offense. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, jets4life1 said:

Q WIlliams with another no show tonight. Half a sack on the year and making $20 MILLION a season. I may start calling him Wilkerson.

The defense held the Chargers to under 200 total yards. 

Our offense scored 6 points

But let's complain about the defense!

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Why you say that ? And I love that kid but I think he will likely be gone when we pick 

oh ya know all the dick jokes 

JETS SHOW PATRIOTS THEIR PENIX

JETS' PENIX EXPOSED ON NATIONAL TV 

etc

FWIW he's not in most draft analysts top 50 right now 

although the USC game could change that

along those lines I'm getting really bad vibes out of Caleb Williams. Physically he's got gifts but I wonder about his ego and ability to lead an NFL locker room - Not that this is relevant to the Jets but I'm not sure he's this instant solution everyone think's he's gonna be 

if I had to pick it would be Maye over WIlliams every time 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Beerfish is your huckleberry 

The D played okay once again, Quinnen is once again a kid on a milk cartoon or a where's waldo cartoon as he is missing in action once again.

The one and only guy the jets had to stop they didn;t stop, just like a todd bowles coached team.

The opposing defense ate our lunch.

In the end the coach and the gm gambled everything on Rodgers with no back up plan at all, not even an in season back up plan.

They have failed ot make any move in case wilson sucked which he has, they brought in the worst oc in the whole league and they brought in all sorts of jags and total dog player buddies to appease Rodgers.

The issues with this team are totally obvious and the coach and GM have been in total ostrich mode

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

oh ya know all the dick jokes 

JETS SHOW PATRIOTS THEIR PENIX etc

FWIW he's not in most draft analysts top 50 right now 

although the USC game could change that

along those lines I'm getting really bad vibes out of Caleb Williams. Not that this is relevant to the Jets but I'm not sure he's this instant solution everyone think's he's gonna be 

I 100% agree about Caleb

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Mike White would do NOTHING for us.  He would win us one game, and then get hurt.  He never was the answer.  A great story, but not the answer.  

I am a fan of JD.  He has improved every year with his drafts.  Found talent in the UDFA pool.  Has traded well.  But his 2nd overall pick of a QB could be his undoing.  I mean, I get it - The second-overall pick.  But when you see the 49ers actually spend multiple picks to move up for Trey Lance and then let him go for basically nothing, you have to understand that sometimes you make a bad pick.  It happens more often than not at the QB position.  

But there was an opportunity this year where you could have put the kid on the bench for the season.  There was enough money you could have gone out and got Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota.  Are you telling me Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Colt McCoy would be worse?  

I appreciate the talent JD has put together, but he has fumbled the ball on the QB position, and it could be his downfall.  I can forgive the Zach Wilson pick.  We needed a QB, and he was probably the best of the bunch.  We could have ran it back with Darnold, but new GM's want their own QB.  So, even though I didn't like the kid coming out, I can understand the pick.

But I can't understand why there has been literally no other option to back him up.  It was a recipe for disaster. 

This last draft has not looked good so far so I'm failing to see how he has improved every draft.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

100%. My conspiracy addled brain has led me to think that Josina is keeping that as her pinned tweet as a quid pro quo to someone inside the Jets org who wants the world to know that Woody is the engine there. That said, we’ve heard before that the Jets are “cash poor,” which Douglas was asked about a few years back and denied. Simplest explanation: Woody and his kid have a personal fondness for Zach and he’s using the power of the purse to make sure he remains the starter until Rodgers deigns to return

Or maybe it's time to stop with the great fairytales needed to continue on with JD excuses.  These are the decisions of a guy who's been a bottom five GM in 4 of his 5 years with the team.  He's repeatedly proven to be wildly stubborn about "his guys" and frequently keeps proven failures on the roster because of his refusal to admit fault.  Wilson is not some strange outlier, he's consistent with why many of the highest paid guys on the team are also some of their weakest players/positions, and yet stick around for years.

It's why their illustrious OL has featured washed up hacks like Kalil, Brown, and Tomlinson throughout his time here.  Same goes for skill position relics like Cook and Cobb.  Or why a high pick like Mims spent years on a team that didn't even want him, to take up a roster spot and pay millions just so JD could pretend it wasn't a failure when patting himself on the back for a conditional 7th they'll never see for a guy who was out of the league 15 seconds later.  Or why he's constantly refused insurance or depth on his high-investment positions like QB, OL, and WR, regardless of how many times it has burned him.

Meanwhile, 5 years later and the only guy actually worthy of a payday during this stretch was a pick by Maccagnan, whom he's been little more than a balder version of at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1