Glazer: Rodgers returning this year regardless if Jets are eliminated

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I’m starting to believe he’s worried about his future with the team, there is probably talk going around about a potential house cleaning and he probably feels if he shows woody something this year it can 100% secure the run back.

I know a lot of people believe wood will just run it back no matter what but im not so sure 

Lol no. There are even more desperate for him than they were a yr ago. Remember the morons who said after the bills game Aaron may be backing up Zach next yr ? 🤣

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I don’t think or care if it’s a team first attitude.  The whole reason he’s still playing is probably more to prove doubters wrong than it is for the Jets.

But again, who gives a f*ck.  Before the trade people were crying nonstop about Rodgers’ diva-ness, then we got him and people started sucking his dick, and now they’re back to crying.  Cuz he got hurt and wants to come back. Ok lol

You were literally just sucking him off for coming back "for the team". Make up your mind. 

3 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I know imagine wanting to play for your team and help your struggling offense.

What a f*cking moron.  He should just pull a Becton and stop caring so his injury lingers into next season.  That would be so much better.

Some of you in this thread need a reality check.  You sit through this sh!tshow of a season and have to look forward to Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian and you’re all b!tching because AR wants to come back and play ASAP.

If the Jets are out of contention, then it's best for the team that he stays healthy and be ready for next year. If he truly wants to be known for being the fastest to come back from that type of injury, then that's 💯 ego motivated and has nothing to with what's best for the team, and is potentially detrimental if his historically fast return turns out to be fool's gold.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

To make the team better.  Nothing else matters.  Teams don’t sit their starting QBs once they realize playoffs are a pipe dream.  Also lets them gauge how much of a sh!tshow the offense really is prior to next year.

What week do you think Arodge will be cleared to go?

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

IINM: considering Rodgers’ cap hit next season whether he’s a Jet or not - makes sense try it again. Only thing they can’t do is let his presence impact their drafting a QB. If that’s what they think is best. 

They can make anything work with the cap that they damn well please. I know this because I've seen Draft Day, starring Kevin Costner.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Will give the offense a taste how a normal offense is supposed to function. And prove JD should be fired for not bringing in a legitimate temp qb while Aaron rehabilitated.

Dude might tear his achilles again trying to evade Dlineman like Keanu Reeves in the Matrix. 

21 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Turns 32 next year and is paid a bucket load of money by the Raiders. If Over The Cap is correct, any trade would likely have to be after 1 June, to reduce the dead money ($7.85 million post 1 June compared to $23.55 million pre 1 June) and increase the cap savings for the Raiders ($17.5 million post 1 June compared to $1.8 million pre 1 June).

Can imagine the Raiders asking for at least a 2025 first round in exchange for Adams. Not sure whether I want to pay that price for a guy whose best is almost certainly behind him.

It's really only $7.85MM of additional dead cap to part with him a year early, depending how long term you're looking at things for them. 

The $23.55MM has to come off the cap whether he's playing for the Raiders next season or not.

A year later, there's no way the Raiders are going to pay him a non-guaranteed $36MM in new money, so as likely as not he'll get released, which comes with $15.7MM of dead cap (whether it's spread over 2 years or all at once). 

$23.55 - $15.70 = $7.85MM

The only other thing they have to weigh is if he's worth another $16MM in salary plus whatever draft pick they turn down, just to keep him for his age-32 season before releasing him. Of course, the Jets are making that same calculation (what's he worth for what they have to accept is likely 1 more high-end year max, if even that), minus the dead cap.

21 hours ago, Ulrich said:

IINM: considering Rodgers’ cap hit next season whether he’s a Jet or not - makes sense try it again. Only thing they can’t do is let his presence impact their drafting a QB. If that’s what they think is best. 

It will be almost a certainty that it'll impact their drafting a QB - or more accurately, when they do. I think they'll take a QB, but it's unlikely that it'll be in round 1 when they're already without a 2nd round pick.