~~~ Other NFL games 12-31 ~~~

Just now, Dunnie said:

Defensive Coordinator gonna Defensively Coach.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yup. Unfortunately, we have to rely on the ability to find a perfect prospect at QB or a healthy QB like Rodgers, rather than finding a talented player and coaching him into an NFL talent. Tua looked like dogsh*t. McDaniel comes in and suddenly Tua is an MVP candidate for the entire start of the year. It's so infuriating 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

I hope the Rams make the playoffs.   I like that team. Went all in to win a super bowl and then were supposed to fall off the face of the earth, but a couple good drafts and are right back in playoff contention.

Someone forgot to tell them they need a 12 year plan to rebuild..

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Someone forgot to tell them they need a 12 year plan to rebuild..

They showed a graphic prior to kickoff that in week 10 they had like a 12% chance to make the playoffs. It is progressively gotten higher and higher and now with a win today, they have an 86% chance. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fields playing well down the stretch is putting pressure on the bears front office that is for sure.

Pretty easy decision in my book. Take the haul. These guys coming out are not sure things. Not even close. They need to build around Fields. They could always draft QB3 in the mid rounds. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Pretty easy decision in my book. Take the haul. This guys coming out are not sure things. Not even close. They need to build around Fields. They could always draft QB3 in the mid rounds. 

A lot of pressure on the decision, you pass up on both these guys if fields goes back to the fields of previous years you have made  big mistake.

• Upvote 1

Why are they playing today? They should do it tomorrow.

Anyway, its going to be 20 pm here, so its time to go with the family and celebrate "nochevieja", enough football for today.

Happy new year folks, hope we can all celebrate a better year for the Jets.

Feliz año nuevo !!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A lot of pressure on the decision, you pass up on both these guys if fields goes back to the fields of previous years you have made  big mistake.

Yup. There’s risk with either decision. I think keeping Fields carries far less risk though. And the upside is comparable for the QBs. Fields is still growing as a player. The trade back is icing and carries upside as well.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Great catch by OBJ.  Yet another in a long long list of good players jets fans turn their noses up at when they are available each year.

I don't know if he's a great example. No team signed him at all during the entire 2022 season. I feel like he's the type of player who plays well when playing with a good-elite QB.