Preferred jets coach

Next jets coach, not public  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as the jets coach this season, right now?

• The Bellichicken
    • Saleh
    • Other

Carroll would be perfect and I actually don’t think Aaron would mind him.
Isn't Pete Carol very old? I just worry about the energy level and ability to connect with modern day players coming into the system... I guess he has always been a players coach.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 1/25/2024 at 1:27 PM, varjet said:

Harbaugh was the call for this team, this year and for the next five years.

He could have dealt with AR8 for a year, and JD would have been given the choice report to Harbaugh, or leave. 

Harbaugh could have shaped the Jets into an entirely different and better team, in the long-term.  I do believe that the 49ers today still benefit from the Harbaugh/McCoughlan years, just like the Jets benefitted from Parcells for many years after.  

Next year we end up with that year's equivalent of Dave Canales. 

How many teams in the NFL have a hierarchy where the GM reports to the coach?

Even more, how many teams have a multi year established GM report to a newly hired coach ?

The issue isn't solely about laziness but that probably has something to do with it; I think it's more about Woody Johnson's lack of connections within the league and his inability to identify suitable candidates.

Bill Parcells appointed Al Groh after Belichick's departure and bumbling moron Woody Johnson wasn't going to not listen to his majesty.
The NFL effectively appointed Herm Edwards as head coach after Groh fled. John Idzick's recruitment was facilitated by Korn Ferry, while Charlie Casserly and Ron Wolf were responsible for hiring Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles.

After more than two decades as owner, Woody still has zero relationships across the league and a no clear strategy for hiring. He probably is lazy, but this is more about incompetence than anything.

Maybe AR can help in the connections dept.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/26/2024 at 8:10 PM, Dunnie said:

Isn't Pete Carol very old? I just worry about the energy level and ability to connect with modern day players coming into the system... I guess he has always been a players coach.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You don’t need to be running around screaming at everyone face to be an effective head coach.  Otherwise Josh McDouchbag would be the best head coach in the NFL