JetNation is at the Senior Bowl - Live Updates

39 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Which QB and WRs are the Jets paying attention to?

Only time I saw Joe D. was up in the press box looking down at the field from his position so couldn't say who he was specifically watching.

Ulbrich was all over the place as the HC and I didn't see Saleh there.

Internet rumors tell me he had a birthday party but none of his players or coaches showed up.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Only time I saw Joe D. was up in the press box looking down at the field from his position so couldn't say who he was specifically watching.

Ulbrich was all over the place as the HC and I didn't see Saleh there.

Internet rumors tell me he had a birthday party but none of his players or coaches showed up.

Tom Welling Dd GIF

• WTF? 1

Kind of don't need Saleh there honestly. Ulbrich is there, Douglas is there.

Saleh has a lot of work to do getting the house in order, he should be back in NJ cleaning up the staff.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Saleh has a lot of work to do getting the house in order, he should be back in NJ cleaning up the staff.

Heard he was taking a cooking class with Joe Beningo that he didn't want to skip out on.  Planned it months ago.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Paradis said:

disappointing senior bowl, but you’d be a fool to write off Tez. Thinking Iike that is how you end up with a roster of Brownlees 

I've yet to see the guy actually catch a ball this week. He's been Mims-like.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Saleh isn't a scout.  I mean, it's fine to get his input, but who they draft is not his responsibility or job.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Some awful QB play here.

Yup.  Doesn't help that these guys have only had three days of practice reps with their receivers.  Penix probably made the right decision sitting out the game.

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've yet to see the guy actually catch a ball this week. He's been Mims-like.

Odd  reference given Mims tore up the senior bowl and was the consensus winner. 

anyway there’s years of tape to consider. And here, now you can say you saw him catch a bal 😎

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

disappointing senior bowl, but you’d be a fool to write off Tez. Thinking Iike that is how you end up with a roster of Brownlees 

He does not look good and that is aside from the drops in practice.   Not getting any separation at all, letting the DB get his hands on him every play, poor hand discipline.

In any case a season full of tape over rides a week of senior bowl but it will leave an impression on many evaluators.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Man I wish this wasn't true but brownlees lack of performance in actual games makes this hard to argue against.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Patrick Paul just called for ineligible downfield on a play where he also could have been called for holding.  Perfect fit for us.

He is a combo blocker. Gives the refs a combo to choose from.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Odd  reference given Mims tore up the senior bowl and was the consensus winner. 

anyway there’s years of tape to consider. And here, now you can say you saw him catch a bal 😎

My reference to Mims in this context is that he has been a lazy route runner that has had hands like feet all week and playing poorly into the actual game, a lot like Mims and a lot of other sh*t WRs NOT named Mims... not just on one day a fee years ago. Mims was just the quick comp of a fast guy with the tools that's playing like garbage.

And good for him making that catch. Isn't that special. 😆 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetsFlyer said:

why cant the tackles handle the penn state edges speed rush? they were running by everyone.  dont show me the clip of fuaga throwing him down on an inside move, 

The tackles are having a very good week from what I've been able to see but Adisa Isaac has shown really strong hands and quickness in being able to shed them and make plays in the backfield.

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Ugly,  boring game. I know the game really isn't the point, but still... 

Almost always is.  Bringing 130ish players together to practice for 3 days before playing a game is going to result in tons of miscommunication.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He does not look good and that is aside from the drops in practice.   Not getting any separation at all, letting the DB get his hands on him every play, poor hand discipline.

In any case a season full of tape over rides a week of senior bowl but it will leave an impression on many evaluators.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m disappointed he’s looked overwhelmed and sloppy at times during the week. He was too explosive to suddenly be incapable; I would need to do some deep digging as a GM and probably work him out 

If he was there for whatever reason in rnd 3, we sure better have done the scouting work, cause you can’t jut “pass” on him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Man I wish this wasn't true but brownlees lack of performance in actual games makes this hard to argue against.

The Jets have either the laziest or most insecure drafting process. Every year theres guys like Keenan Allen or Amon St Brown who wind up slipping to rnds 3-4 and we are never the beneficiaries to take a chance or see the potential. It’s not like these guys just came out of nowhere. They’re big time college playmakers. 

• Upvote 4