WASHINGTON HIRES QUINN AS HC

Everyone wants to blame Dak, but holy hell did the cowboys defense get their poo pushed in by the packers.  

very meh hiring and pretty obviously the second choice after Ben Johnson pulled out 

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Right...haha but I doubt he retains him.

Possibly, but I'd say if he wants an experienced OC Bieniemy might be the best option there is, and he's already on the team.

• This is just another example of how Saleh will get another HC job after this mess.   He will likely go from HC to DC, but he will eventually get an HC job again.  
  • I think the NFL Coaches Club may be skeptical of the new ownership at the Commanders.   I think they are going to focus on building the roster.  I don't think they view Dan Quinn as being a long term answer.  He is a Hold The Fort coach to help build culture and give Adam Peters latitude to build the roster as he sees fit.  

On 2/1/2024 at 12:07 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

That's a major issue because even if that is so, look at what happened when Shanahan left for the Niners. That's the problem with hiring these defensive guys and relying on your OC to coach up that side of the ball, if they do a halfway decent job they're getting poached and you're back at square one.

“That” basically happens to most very successful coordinators… be it “O” or “D”.