Louis Riddick GM?

I love listening to him break down players, personnel and scheme, seems this guy knows what winning takes. In 2022 I know he interviewed with Pittsburgh for GM I believe, I think he deserves a shot. What y’all think?.

• Upvote 2

Mike Mayock looked like a genius when he talked about the draft as an analyst on NFL Network. Then he went and drafted Clelin Ferrell with a #4 pick. Although I gotta say Mayock was weird as Raiders GM. He was a dismal failure at picking in the first round, but was decent in finding gems in the late rounds. And who knows how much influence Gruden had on the picks during his tenure.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Mike Mayock looked like a genius when he talked about the draft as an analyst on NFL Network. Then he went and drafted Clelin Ferrell with a #4 pick. Although I gotta say Mayock was weird as Raiders GM. He was a dismal failure at picking in the first round, but was decent in finding gems in the late rounds. And who knows how much influence Gruden had on the picks during his tenure.

I'm kinda disappointed by that whole thing. I loved listening to him during the draft. Now he's no where to be found lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

From my understanding, Gruden was heavily involved with the 1st rounds. Not so much after that.

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Big fan of Riddick and would love to take the shot if avail

Very smart guy and my own personable dream team is

Riddick GM

Ryan Clark head of scouting

Surely you jest, Clark is a clown of hot takes.

Riddick seems more balanced but comes off as being angry all the time.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Surely you jest, Clark is a clown of hot takes.

Riddick seems more balanced but comes off as being angry all the time.

im serious.

He is a very smart guy and when he explains what a player is/is not doing he is intelligent and thorough

As for the hot takes - remember he has someone in his ear telling him to do this for ratings sake

I could be way off but I like him

2 hours ago, varjet said:

John Lynch went from playing...to broadcasting....to GM....to some Super Bowls.

I feel being a good GM is someone who can take their emotions out of their decision making.

Trust with your staff is also huge.

Lastly and most importantly being able to judge people and who they are outside of the sport they play.  IE the intangibles.