2024 Yankees season thread

I could do without the fake macho HBP war. They plunk Henderson and then he scores. So we go to extras instead of winning bottom nine. 

Frustrating game. Bullpen needs some serious work. Need a new catcher as Trevino approaches unplayable Pennington arm status. And another infielder who isn’t a black hole in the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

All this hype yet almost 50% into the season we are .5 games up on the orioles 

we need a closer, our catchers can’t hit and are putrid defensively.  DJ done. Rizzo done,  yay

a guy in a Walker could steal on Trevino.  He’s almost as bad as Higgy was

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:14 PM, PS17 said:

I could do without the fake macho HBP war. They plunk Henderson and then he scores. So we go to extras instead of winning bottom nine. 

Frustrating game. Bullpen needs some serious work. Need a new catcher as Trevino approaches unplayable Pennington arm status. And another infielder who isn’t a black hole in the lineup. 

Trevino is so bad defensively I could see that by itself costing us playoff games. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Gil has major fatigue issues. He has not been sharp the last 3 starts. 

I was arguing this with my brother. I said that Gil will come out of the starting rotation at some point because he's coming off of TJ surgery and he's never pitched more than like 90 innings in a season. He said I was nuts and maybe he will skip a start here and there.

8 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I was arguing this with my brother. I said that Gil will come out of the starting rotation at some point because he's coming off of TJ surgery and he's never pitched more than like 90 innings in a season. He said I was nuts and maybe he will skip a start here and there.

Taking him out of the rotation would be extreme.  He’s our second best SP after Cole. I agree with having him skip starts

10 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Taking him out of the rotation would be extreme.  He’s our second best SP after Cole. I agree with having him skip starts

How many inning do you think he should pitch this year? And Cole is our best pitcher.

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

How many inning do you think he should pitch this year? And Cole is our best pitcher.

8 bajillion innings 

the rest is more important than innings count.  Are we supposed to sub him out of the rotation for Nestor “I only pitch 4 innings” Cortes or Clarke “I only pitch 4 innings” Schmidt because he might pitch x number innings?

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

8 bajillion innings 

the rest is more important than innings count.  Are we supposed to sub him out of the rotation for Nestor “I only pitch 4 innings” Cortes or Clarke “I only pitch 4 innings” Schmidt because he might pitch x number innings?

Nah. Pitch him until he injures himself.

I just don’t trust Cashman and his team to make the right player management decisions in regards to the starting rotation loads per starter nor do I think he has the guts to stick his neck out there and trade notable names like Gleyber Torres. This team can win a World Series but additions AND subtractions have to be made. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barton said:

I just don’t trust Cashman and his team to make the right player management decisions in regards to the starting rotation loads per starter nor do I think he has the guts to stick his neck out there and trade notable names like Gleyber Torres. This team can win a World Series but additions AND subtractions have to be made. 

We're screwed 😞 

On 6/21/2024 at 7:13 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Trevino is so bad defensively I could see that by itself costing us playoff games. 

Was at the 7-6 loss to the Os and at one point said this same thing to my Dad. I could picture now someone stealing second on him and then a base hit to score the winning run that wouldn’t have happened if he could throw a runner out. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Was at the 7-6 loss to the Os and at one point said this same thing to my Dad. I could picture now someone stealing second on him and then a base hit to score the winning run that wouldn’t have happened if he could throw a runner out. 

Serious question. Would you rather have Gary Sanchez or Trevino? I'm starting to lean Nacho.

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Serious question. Would you rather have Gary Sanchez or Trevino? I'm starting to lean Nacho.

Idk Gary was really bad but if I’m remembering it right Gary had a good arm. I’d still probably say Trevino, I think you’re forgetting how much of a train wreck Sanchez was. 

12 minutes ago, Barton said:

Stanton pulls his hamstring while jogging around 3rd base.

Enough with this guy. 

DH is a key run producing spot. You cant have a DH made out of glass.

Like The Martian who has taken up permanent residence on the IL? 😅

Funny how you stop winning games once your starters stop throwing 7ip 1 run ball every game. Cashman needs to have some guts and make significant adjustments to this team because the current set up is not gonna win a World Series. 

Good thing we have the 2 best players in baseball in this lineup because without them (and Volpe) this lineup is trash! Needs a major facelift.. need to make a splash and get Vladdy in here somehow.

Amazing how losing Stanton who was having an ok season wrecks our lineup.  2/3 of our lineup is automatic outs.

and I’m not gonna stop beating up on Trevino.  He’s an automatic out and a lousy defensive catcher.  He’s a backup Catcher he should not be starting for anybody

On 6/26/2024 at 5:33 AM, Barton said:

Funny how you stop winning games once your starters stop throwing 7ip 1 run ball every game. Cashman needs to have some guts and make significant adjustments to this team because the current set up is not gonna win a World Series. 

Call the braves see if they are considering shopping max fried as a rental

On 6/26/2024 at 2:36 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Good thing we have the 2 best players in baseball in this lineup because without them (and Volpe) this lineup is trash! Needs a major facelift.. need to make a splash and get Vladdy in here somehow.

Mets will send you Pete the Polar Bear for 3 of your top prospects!

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:17 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Amazing how losing Stanton who was having an ok season wrecks our lineup.  2/3 of our lineup is automatic outs.

and I’m not gonna stop beating up on Trevino.  He’s an automatic out and a lousy defensive catcher.  He’s a backup Catcher he should not be starting for anybody

Well there is a streak of everyone running on him. But they must like him behind the plate because so many of the pitchers are having success.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Ben Rice hitting .273

More impressive is his 100pt OBP split, as his OBP is .375

Small same size but good stuff from the kid. 

If Rice can hold down the fort at 1B that makes life so much easier. One less move that is needed. I am all in on bullpen help. Clay Holmes isn't a big time closer imo.

• Upvote 3