Cimini Can Write

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

He’s been excellent for years and people should appreciate him while they can, actually appears to be a Jets fan but doesn’t hold back on the criticism, ok he occasionally goes way overboard with things like the butt-fumble but his knowledge of this team is unmatched and his Sunday Notes are always informative.

People who complain about what a waste of space this team can be get all bent out of shape when he points out what a waste of space this team can be!….if all he did was rah rah they’d complain he’s a homer

guy can’t  win 

Rich Cimini is one of the few consistently good things about the Jets the last 30 years. His Flight Deck podcast is really good too, always has an interesting array of ex-jets come along.

Agree with the above. He's old school, can be grumpy and a bit of an Eeyore. By far the best beat writer we have.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Public distrust of main stream media has never been greater and its warranted.

“News” now means click bait, making up stories, and burying stories that don’t fit the intended narrative.

Maybe you missed the since fired NPR reporter story about the way the NPR works and who they hire?

yah better to get the news from foreign bots and mentally ill people talking into a ring light on youtube 

see that I can source bash too.

Bored The Office GIF

3 hours ago, Jethead said:

Agree with the above. He's old school, can be grumpy and a bit of an Eeyore. By far the best beat writer we have.

Maybe so, but the bar has been set pretty low.

So being "the best" is still not very good.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

yah better to get the news from foreign bots and mentally ill people talking into a ring light on youtube 

see that I can source bash too.

Bored The Office GIF

I dont remember suggesting either of those options.   I think all news sources are suspect and require independent verification.

BTW, Don't you have an internet podcast?  Why are you casting shade on others?

Believe whatever you want or whatever aligns with your current beliefs, IDC.

10 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I dont remember suggesting either of those options.   I think all news sources are suspect and require independent verification.

BTW, Don't you have an internet podcast?  Why are you casting shade on others?

Believe whatever you want or whatever aligns with your current beliefs, IDC.

to bring this thread back on track, Rich Cimini's ability to write is not in doubt 

I'll say it again: people didn't like what he was reporting because it went against the idea that the Jets know what they are doing 

now we all pretty much know (after 13-year playoff drought) that's not the case 

I don't think Cimini ever wanted to unfairly bash the Jets or get clicks by making up stories (like Manish) he is a good reporter who covers the worst franchise in all major sports 

fans get upset because what he reports isn't always good news 

the dude can write and always has been a good sports journalist - what's not good is the subject of his beat i.e. the Jets 

what did you all want him to do? make up good news stories? 

probably, right? 

and I don't have a podcast. I show up on them sometimes and write articles for offensive lines for footballguys. And yes, occasionally, I get hate mail from fans who believe I've ranked "their team" too low. Over 15 years of rankings those comments have never been proven right. People want to believe what they want to believe. In the case of Jets fans, we want to believe they are Super Bowl contenders. Cimini publishes the truth, not the fantasy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

to bring this thread back on track, Rich Cimini's ability to write is not in doubt 

I'll say it again: people didn't like what he was reporting because it went against the idea that the Jets know what they are doing 

I don't think Cimini ever wanted to unfairly bash the Jets or get clicks by making up stories (like Manish) he is a good reporter who covers the worst franchise in all major sports 

the dude can write and always has been a good sports journalist - what's not good is the subject of his beat i.e. the Jets 

probably, right? 

and I don't have a podcast. I show up on them sometimes and write articles for offensive lines for footballguys. And yes, occasionally, I get hate mail from fans who believe I've ranked "their team" too low. Over 15 years of rankings those comments have never been proven right. People want to believe what they want to believe. In the case of Jets fans, we want to believe they are Super Bowl contenders. Cimini publishes the truth, not the fantasy. 

Are you saying that you don't think the Jets as constructed with ARod at QB are not potential Super Bowl contenders?

38 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Are you saying that you don't think the Jets as constructed with ARod at QB are not potential Super Bowl contenders?

I'm not, not saying that I don't believe they're not going to be unable to not win games.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Crawling, standing, walking, running 

Super bowl is a sprint 

The Jets on offense are still in the play pen 

It's going to be an exciting year better than last but no Virginia there is no Santa claus 

Just to make a 7 team afc playoff would be huge for this franchise 

Asking for the super bowl after a 13 year playoff drought feels greedy 

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Crawling, standing, walking, running 

Super bowl is a sprint 

The Jets on offense are still in the play pen 

It's going to be an exciting year better than last but no Virginia there is no Santa claus 

Just to make a 7 team afc playoff would be huge for this franchise 

Asking for the super bowl after a 13 year playoff drought feels greedy 

1 Do you think this team will make the playoffs?  Y or N

2 Do you think they are a Super Bowl contender?   Y or N

11 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

1 Do you think this team will make the playoffs?  Y or N

2 Do you think they are a Super Bowl contender?   Y or N

Yes I think they will make the playoffs and earn fat extensions for Saleh and JD 

No I don't think a team that hasn't made the playoffs for 13 years is a SB contender 

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

probably, right? 

I don’t think he is even particularly good at writing and his knowledge is mediocre at best

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

When put up against the trash out there competing in this market .. it's hard not to see the quality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

There aren’t really any good sportswriters anymore.  The stuff you see on ESPN with Dan Orlovsky who was a very dumb person and an even worse player allowed to spit out stupid opinions 6 hours a day on tv.  Local sports writers especially here in New York are crap concentrate

That’s why Pat McAfee is killing it right now.  Not saying he’s smart, he’s not, but he’s semi-articulate and occasionally has a decent point to make.