Corley is not an undersized slot WR

3 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Wonder if the is because it leaked out Jets were trying to trade up for him starting from pick 45. 

I thought rookie salaries were pretty much slotted according to draft pick number.  What is the delay?  Does it have something to do with Aaron Rodgers insisting his guest house remain decorated as a dark cave?  

I see a guy who will contribute. He will help. But his upside is questionable.

Doesnt play like a guy who can run away from people, nor does he have electric agility juke moves. 

Jets still need another legit outside WR. 

• Upvote 1

I love the balance we have with our top 3 guys.

GW is a do it all guy. Has speed, elite quickness, hands, route running, etc. I expect him to be at worst a top 10 WR in the NFL this season.

MW is huge. One of the biggest WRs in the league. Not fast at all. But arguably the best jump ball 50/50 guy in the league. Hes coming off an ACL, so I don’t expect him to be 100%. But his game after all isn’t based on his speed and quickness. So a knee injury should affect him as much as it would others.

Corley is that stocky tough slot guy. Not crazy fast but tough to bring down.

I see where Corley is participating in the OTAs, but has anyone seen an official announcement where he has signed? I haven't and there doesn't seem to be one on nyjets.com, and nothing came up on Google. Any ideas on why he may not have signed his contract yet? With the salary slots, it's strange that the deal hasn't been done.

a question was whether or not he could run clean routs given that a lot of what he did was with his feet/quickness/moves after he got the ball dumped off short.  he does not have the same body type as ocho cinco, but the way he cuts and changes direction on a dime reminds me a lot of watching ocho.  corley is less about leverage and much more about his moves.  he is going to be a third down hero when a conversion is needed most.  perhaps even more than that.  i cant stress enough how amazingly he can evade/avoid contact by defenders with moves.  i do agree that he wont be any kind of a deep threat or flanker 

23 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I see where Corley is participating in the OTAs, but has anyone seen an official announcement where he has signed? I haven't and there doesn't seem to be one on nyjets.com, and nothing came up on Google. Any ideas on why he may not have signed his contract yet? With the salary slots, it's strange that the deal hasn't been done.

Corley hasn't signed his rookie deal yet:

He is the only Jets rookie who hasn't signed his contract, I guess he wants to follow in Marvin Harrison Jr's footsteps.

Salary Cap: Where do the Jets stand after rookie signings? (jetsfix.com)

35 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Corley lacks change of direction, quickness, speed, route running ability,

inside or outside versatility. Roman Wilson should have been the pick

Kent Lee Platte on X: "Roman Wilson was drafted in round 3 ...

Less than a tenth of a second slower in the various speed drills for a player 30 pounds heavier than the guy you’re comparing him to? Okay. We’ll ignore that shuttle time, too. I suspect that 30 pounds is a big reason the Jets targeted Corley. He also did 27 reps on the bench at his pro day, not some measly 12. Looks like they were looking for a different player than you were. 

• Upvote 1

He runs into tacklers, instead of using his blockers to avoid them.

The  49's who had the original "Corley", Debo Samuel drafted

Ricky Pearsall because their receivers were not quick enough to

beat man coverage. I wanted a big fast dude on the Outside like

Thomas or Mitchell outside and a quick guy inside a Chrebet,

Edelman, Welker, Pearsall, McConkey, Roman Wilson

20 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Corley lacks change of direction, quickness, speed, route running ability,

inside or outside versatility. Roman Wilson should have been the pick

Kent Lee Platte on X: "Roman Wilson was drafted in round 3 ...

JD is like the RAS score king, so the fact that we were so insanely focused on getting him says a ton about just how much they like him as a prospect.