ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

Host tries to set this up as Nix v Wilson for the starting job. Fowler spends the first minute talking about how much they love Nix and how he looks like the real deal. Then says Stidham is “in the mix.” Then says Zach Wilson “is in a different spot. They’re trying to get his confidence back.” Yiiikes. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All you do here is call out other posters. It’s crappy behavior. It would be better if you were either smart, clever, or even unintentionally funny once in awhile, but that never seems to be the case. You should stop already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Host tries to set this up as Nix v Wilson for the starting job. Fowler spends the first minute talking about how much they love Nix and how he looks like the real deal. Then says Stidham is “in the mix.” Then says Zach Wilson “is in a different spot. They’re trying to get his confidence back.” Yiiikes. 

But Athlon Sports is reporting in June that Zach has a legit shot at the QB1 job my guy.  

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Payton says he likes all 3 of them incl Stidham who he gave starts to last year. He's being diplomatic for a change. It's too early to say who wins the job so far prob not ZW who should make the roster. They have some money invested in him but not enough to keep him around if he truly sucks. He's in a new system with better coaching see how he learns their offense which I think Payton says isn't that far from basics of Jets O. Can Payton get him to be more consistent running an offense. That was the problem with him he can make plays just not enough. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Payton says he likes all 3 of them incl Stidham who he gave starts to last year. He's being diplomatic for a change. It's too early to say who wins the job so far prob not ZW who should make the roster. They have some money invested in him but not enough to keep him around if he truly sucks. He's in a new system with better coaching see how he learns their offense which I think Payton says isn't that far from basics of Jets O. Can Payton get him to be more consistent running an offense. That was the problem with him he can make plays just not enough. 

Dude is probably staying at a LaQuinta off the highway in Centennial, CO. He can’t wait until he can cash out and go surfing with Matt Leinart in between studio hits. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jarrett Stidham is a horrible, horrible quarterback.  If he’s “in the mix” for becoming the Broncos starting qb that means Zachenberg and Nix must both be stinking it up in camp

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dude is probably staying at a LaQuinta off the highway in Centennial, CO. He can’t wait until he can cash out and go surfing with Matt Leinart in between studio hits. 

Payton getting one last pay check before he retires or goes into the announcer both

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well he is on the last year of a guaranteed 35 million contract. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Geno had no receivers.  Zach had Garrett Wilson.  Even Corey Davis is 10x better than scrubs like Chaz Schilens

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Can you try to make sense?

Eric Decker caught 74 passes for 962 years in Geno's second year. Does he qualify as a good receiver? 

• Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Superbowl LIX

Denver vs Minnesota

Zach Wilson vs Sam Darnold

Can't Wait!

No idea about Zach, but Sam looks pretty likely to open training camp as Minny’s QB1. That probably has a lot to do with how McCarthy’s looking, though. 

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Decker had a hamstring injury that season and he was nowhere near as good as Garrett Wilson.

He had 80 less yards than Wilson in 2 fewer games. He also had 2 more touchdowns. Come on dude. Waive the flag and move along. And you might want to check his stats for the years he played in Denver.

OOF and this is ***before*** he’s subjected to any kind of pass rush. The no-contact practices are the only places on earth where Zach Wilson might shine because he’s contact-averse. Wait until Payton sees what he does when there’s a hint of interior pressure on him. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

OOF and this is ***before*** he’s subjected to any kind of pass rush. The no-contact practices are the only places on earth where Zach Wilson might shine because he’s contact-averse. Wait until Payton sees what he does when there’s a hint of interior pressure on him. 

Wow, the Jets destroyed another potentially potential QB with potential that was never achieved, 

On 6/6/2024 at 11:40 AM, slats said:

There were three ZW threads on the first page today, all started by you. All of your Zach thoughts and news belong in this thread. Please help the community and put them in here yourself. Thanks. 

23 hours ago, slats said:

All you do here is call out other posters. It’s crappy behavior. It would be better if you were either smart, clever, or even unintentionally funny once in awhile, but that never seems to be the case. You should stop already. 

A Jets QB cannot be truly iconic until the very mention of that QBs names turns a previously low-key moderator into Kull the Conqueror. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A Jets QB cannot be truly iconic until the very mention of that QBs names turns a previously low-key moderator into Kull the Conqueror. 

1.) we don’t need three threads on a former crappy Jets player on the front page, one is more than enough

2.) my mother taught me to not say anything if I don’t have anything nice to say, but I was also always something of a question authority guy myself

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, slats said:

1.) we don’t need three threads on a former crappy Jets player on the front page, one is more than enough

2.) my mother taught me to not say anything if I don’t have anything nice to say, but I was also always something of a question authority guy myself

My Mom told me to never talk with my mouth full. They thought I was mute until I was fourteen. My first words were,” more please!” 

• Haha 4

On 6/10/2024 at 8:01 AM, Dunnie said:

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Now that the news on Zach in Denver has quickly reverted back to a negative outlook, @Dunnie kindly requests we close up shop on this one.

On 5/29/2024 at 3:59 PM, Dunnie said:

Why is he even a topic of discussion ?? He's flamed out ... Unless he resurfaces Geno style.

1 hour ago, slats said:

COUNCIDENCE I THINK NOT

IMG_5328.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now that the news on Zach in Denver has quickly reverted back to a negative outlook, @Dunnie kindly requests we close up shop on this one.

That would be great. I’d love it if you stopped being a dick to Dunnie. He seems like a good guy. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

That would be great. I’d love it if you stopped being a dick to Dunnie. He seems like a good guy. 

Your request would be taken more seriously if Dunnie hadn't laughed at my post directed at him prior.  Contrary to your beliefs otherwise, I like Dunnie too.  I like most people, and I often manifest that with ball-busting.  You, not so much.  Hence, no ball-busting.  

Go away.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach is getting outplayed by Jarrett freaking Stidham hahahahha

• Haha 2