Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Hopefully Douglas knows what to do and gets Reddick on the field!

It is in BOTH parties interest to get a deal done. We are not aware of any deep  seeded vitrol or animosity between the 2 parties, which all point to a resolution. Time is more on the side of the Jets, than the player. That said, it is better to get him in.

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is in BOTH parties interest to get a deal done. We are not aware of any deed  seeded vitrol or animosity between the 2 parties, which all point to a resolution. Time is more on the side of the Jets, than the player. That said, it is better to get him in.

Having this ironed out before camp is a valid criticism of a GM who sits at 29 games under .500 record wise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is in BOTH parties interest to get a deal done. We are not aware of any deed  seeded vitrol or animosity between the 2 parties, which all point to a resolution. Time is more on the side of the Jets, than the player. That said, it is better to get him in.

What’s most encouraging to me is that the negotiations have been kept completely out of the press - which is something JD insists upon. Tells me that they must be making some progress as long as Reddick’s camp keeps up that confidentiality. If the Jets are telling him straight up that they have no intention of extending him at this time, he has to understand that taking what he can get and getting on the field asap is in his, and his bank account’s, best interest. He has the opportunity here to be a star in the league’s largest market, for a team getting wide national attention, too. I expect it to get done soon. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Having this ironed out before camp is a valid criticism of a GM who sits at 29 games under .500 record wise. 

at what cost?

would you give him a 2 year 50MM deal to get him into camp?

how would you have handled the negotiations?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The party that blinks first, is usually the one that loses. Again, the Jets hold the initial advantage here, and there is no reason to lose that advantage.

Reportedly, the verbal agreement between Reddick and the Jets is that they would look at his contract with him, WHEN he reported to camp. He hasn't done that.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

oh please.  Every freaking team deals with these same exact issuers.  Stop making the Jets look unique in this regard.  It really is false pretenses and frankly, predictably boring and wrong.

Name me the team who has traded for a player who’s holding out? You are wrong. In fact, extremely wrong.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

What’s most encouraging to me is that the negotiations have been kept completely out of the press - which is something JD insists upon. Tells me that they must be making some progress as long as Reddick’s camp keeps up that confidentiality. If the Jets are telling him straight up that they have no intention of extending him at this time, he has to understand that taking what he can get and getting on the field asap is in his, and his bank account’s, best interest. He has the opportunity here to be a star in the league’s largest market, for a team getting wide national attention, too. I expect it to get done soon. 

Absolutely correct.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

at what cost?

would you give him a 2 year 50MM deal to get him into camp?

how would you have handled the negotiations?

I wouldn’t have traded for a player who wanted a new contract if I didn’t to pay the player the new contract. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Name me the team who has traded for a player who’s holding out? You are wrong. In fact, extremely wrong.

Precedence has NOTHING to do with this situation. Each relationship with team and player is unique. My stance is that the Jets will not be irreparably harmed here, as long as Reddick is here to play in the 3rd preseason game. Not much more is needed than that.

The rest is message board histrionics and crying wolf.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I wouldn’t have traded for a player who wanted a new contract if I didn’t to pay the player the new contract. 

so when he signs a contract that is beneficial to both parties you would admit you were wrong?

and acknowledge rushing to sign him wasn't the smartest idea?

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm talking about holdouts.  Your micro diagnosis of the exact specifics of this particular holdout is comical.  Every individual holdout has it's very own peculiarities and situation.  Isolating that for the Reddick situation is a clever attempt to advance the imaginary uniqueness of it being any different for the Jets.  Every NFL team deals with holdouts and recently, holdins have entered the equation.   No two cases are identical and relying on its uniqueness to make your point is dubious at best.

@Beerfish still has the edge on you for Jets complaints.  But keep on tryin'.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. Because it’s never happened before therefore highlighting it has some relevance. 

and when it turns out okay, most rational people will acknowledge that JD made another very smart and clever trade.

but others will just move on to another complaint about the Jets.

i wonder which of the two you will fall under.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

and when it turns out okay, most rational people will acknowledge that JD made another very smart and clever trade.

but others will just move on to another complaint about the Jets.

i wonder which of the two you will fall under.

When does the winning start? I feel like you are missing the point. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm talking about holdouts.  Your micro diagnosis of the exact specifics of this particular holdout is comical.  Every individual holdout has it's very own peculiarities and situation.  Isolating that for the Reddick situation is a clever attempt to advance the imaginary uniqueness of it being any different for the Jets.  Every NFL team deals with holdouts and recently, holdins have entered the equation.   No two cases are identical and relying on its uniqueness to make your point is dubious at best.

@Beerfish still has the edge on you for Jets complaints.  But keep on tryin'.

The Jets haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years. If unique facts bother you so much, perhaps take up a less competitive hobby than sports.

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

where did he mention income or salary in his post?

When we get to the Joes a GM and you’re not idiocy, then we know what the pompous poster is implying. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Hets haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years. If unique facts bother you so much, perhaps take up a less competitive hobby than sports.

Yet another ridiculous post. Unique facts don't "bother" me.  It's your obvious manipulative misuse of unique facts to prove whatever it is you are trying to prove (essentially nothing...  other than trolling).  Sorry, but your trolling is ridiculous and flat out moronic.

Just now, Dcat said:

Yet another ridiculous post. Unique facts don't "bother" me.  It's your obvious manipulative misuse of unique facts to prove whatever it is you are trying to prove (essentially nothing...  other than trolling).  Sorry, but your trolling is ridiculous and flat out moronic.

Do you think there aren’t people outside of the Jets homer trust that are pointing out trading for a holdout has never happened before? It’s the Jets doing Jets stuff. 

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

JD has built a good roster - outside of the QB position (the zach era).

do you agree with this statement? 

Define good. Do I think the Jets are better than the Bills and Dolphins right now? No. Rodgers obviously has to stay healthy. I think this is a 10 win team if everything breaks correctly. Smith at LT has to play 14-15 games as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Define good. Do I think the Jets are better than the Bills and Dolphins right now? No. Rodgers obviously has to stay healthy. I think this is a 10 win team if everything breaks correctly. Smith at LT has to play 14-15 games as well.

so 10 wins if everything breaks correctly?

didn't they win 7 games with the back up and third string QB last year?  have they gotten that much worse?  

If we had the Bills/Fins QB (allen/tua) would we be better than them?   i asked if you think outside of the qb how was our roster.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I ask you again, how are the jets irepparably harmed by this as we sit here today?

that's what i don't get when people complain.   we traded a 3rd round 2026 draft pick.

we haven't given up a thing yet.

if he tolls his contract and we aren't able to trade him for something - then it was a bad trade.  but right now it's a nothing burger.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You have to give JD a mulligan for the past 3 years. It’s the fans fault Zach sucked, and the offensive coordinators and Becton

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade