Training Camp Updates - Friday Aug 2

First play of #Jets teams (just helmets and shorts, btw) is a Breece ground concept, which Clemons nearly/almost blows up. Great job off the jump, penetration on the play side. Blocker did a good enough job to keep it alive for Breece, but Clemons ruined the integrity enough to make it a plus run D play (rally/support). 

Next play is an Aaron Rodgers completion to Garrett Wilson, familiar intermediate concept ripe for a second-and-medium situation, 15-18 yards plus RAC opp.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

This is beyond coaching.  It genuinely seems like Tippmann has the yips.  The rest of the centers are fine when it comes to doing the most basic part of their job & Tippmann is not.  I would bet any amount of money that he is going to launch a ball 10,000 yards over Rodgers’ head if he is starting week 1 and it’s going to be extremely costly.

Did he have these problems with zach, or is it only with rodgers?

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This is beyond coaching.  It genuinely seems like Tippmann has the yips.  The rest of the centers are fine when it comes to doing the most basic part of their job & Tippmann is not.  I would bet any amount of money that he is going to launch a ball 10,000 yards over Rodgers’ head if he is starting week 1 and it’s going to be extremely costly.

careful, you're going to get scolded for acknowledging Tippman has been having issues.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Yips is a mental condition. Carter has a history of being a verbally abusive a$$hole, as so many of his former players attest to. I’m not saying Tippman’s issue is Carter, but Carter has been awful and he gets nothing out of his OL. Hiring him in the first place was ridiculous, and not dumping him this offseason was absurd.

New #Jets QB Adrian Martinez with a tough couple of plays, taking the QB3 spot for a series … 

The perfect concept was called against the zone on the play (almost as if the coaches served it up on a platter), but Martinez goes in a strange direction (right read, wrong placement). Nearly picked.

A play later sees a fumbled rush call (ball never got into the RB’s hands).

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Yips is a mental condition. Carter has a history of being a verbally abusive a$$hole, as so many of his former players attest to. I’m not saying Tippman’s issue is Carter, but Carter has been awful and he gets nothing out of his OL. Hiring him in the first place was ridiculous, and not dumping him this offseason was absurd.

I’d be right there with you if not for the fact that every other center has snapped the ball just fine.  Additionally, the Jets brought in a very highly regarded OL coach (within that subset of coaching circles) as a lead assistant this year.  It’s not Keith Carter.  It’s Tippmann.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Every other center has snapped the ball is fine, and the Jets brought in a very highly regarded OL as a lead assistant this year.  It’s not Keith Carter.  It’s Tippmann.

They are working on snapping before teams.  Relax guy.  My goodness.  Get outside and get some fresh air.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Every other center has snapped the ball is fine, and the Jets brought in a very highly regarded OL as a lead assistant this year.  It’s not Keith Carter.  It’s Tippmann.

Funny how during actual teams 11 on 11s, Rodgers is firing TDs to Garrett Wilson all over the place.  I wonder how that ball is getting into Rodger's hands.

#Jets RZ with Aaron Rodgers back in there. Garrett scores with plenty of room around him. Caught around 3-5 YL and darts in there. Have no idea how he found himself so wide open. I mean, there are few RZ-specific coverages in football, so there’s that, but we’d need replay to know. (It would have required the OL to hold up a bit longer than usual, however.) 

Later, AR finds Breece on a secondary read near sideline (not in EZ). One of those plays where everything was outstanding (great route, great coverage by Quincy, great pass as a last-ditch effort to salvage, and great tackle to stop him short of pylon). 

Then, AR showcases his impeccable timing, as he throws Conklin open right on the goal line about five yards in from the pylon. Again, solid coverage, but when the timing and trust is there—in your receiver and his route—it’s indefensible.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The issues were present last year as well.

See below vv 

Why don’t you try sticking around longer than 34 seconds into the season before telling me how every single Jets player is infallible again, because I’m not particularly looking forward to watching Rodgers chase an errant snap that forces him to get tackled awkwardly or shred his knee on the field because “T-I-P-P-Y” can’t get down the most basic function of playing Center.

Connor McGovern

on the cheap, bring him back just in case.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

100%. The Jets are kind enough to offer foreshadowing most of the time and I've learned to recognize it when I see it.

• Post of the Week 1